FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKARUNA KHYAL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: KARUNA KHYAL
    Posted: May 30 2006 at 00:34

Well in the experimental/post rock music subgenre there's a band named KARUNA KHYAL , I decided to search for this band and i found that nobody knows who they were. The only known thing its that they are Japanese and They probbably made 2 albums Between 1974 and 1975. So its kinda strange how they came up here in PA. about the music they describe as long hypnotic free form rock hysteria, comparable to Faust in the use of experimentation and heavily fuzzed electric guitar.

Learning Flute [Amigo de Manticore y Memowakeman] (primo)[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2187/2437702285_fbb450500d_o.jpg
honganji View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 03:11
I own Karuna Khyal/Alomoni 1985 (LP)
Also I know who were the members in this group. Karuna Khyal released only one album. (Strictly to say, Brast Burn is a different group)
By the way, I also think it's strange how this band came on PA list Clown
I always wonder why famous artists such as Yoninbayashi, After Dinner, Ground Zero, Kennedy, Killing Time, Datetenryu, Wha-ha-ha, Mariah, Katra Turana, etc are unlisted but obscure artists; Karuna Khyal, Kujakuon, Walrus, etc are listed. Embarrassed
In my opinion, Karuna Khyal is close to Hanadensha (late era), Tangerine Dream (without sequencer).
Either way, almost of PA users don't own this album, probably. This is a maniac topic. Wink
bamba View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 11:54
Ok then, so you Know pretty well all the japanese underground movement of the 70's; So you could write the biography of ths band i think.Thumbs Up
Learning Flute [Amigo de Manticore y Memowakeman] (primo)[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2187/2437702285_fbb450500d_o.jpg
honganji View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2006 at 04:41
Hieee Pinch Bio ?
I can't write in natural English.Cry

Karuna Khyal (カルナ・ヒューレ) recorded Alomoni 1985 in 1975. At that time, member was only Takahashi Yoshiriro (高橋義博). He played all the instruments on this album. Alomoni 1985 was released by independent label in 1976, and later reissued on CD by Paradigm Discs.
Karuna Khyal made a momorial concert of releasing this album on April 25, 1976. Karuna Khyal was a band on this stage. But they were disbanded on the same day of this concert. Later, this band was renamed as O.N.E. (substancially same to Karuna Khyal). However this reunion band is also not active today.

This is the briefing history of Karuna Khyal.
 Post Reply Post Reply