Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Zarathustra Museo Rosenbach: Which synth is used?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedZarathustra Museo Rosenbach: Which synth is used?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zarathustra Museo Rosenbach: Which synth is used?
    Posted: June 05 2006 at 20:39
Does anyone know what synthesizer(s) were used on this album?
Fitzcarraldo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2006 at 20:53
Alberto Moreno played the piano (and bass), Pit Corradi played: Mellotron, Hammond organ, Farfisa electric piano (and vibraphone).
pierreolivier View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2006 at 21:19
Originally posted by Fitzcarraldo Fitzcarraldo wrote:

Alberto Moreno played the piano (and bass), Pit Corradi played: Mellotron, Hammond organ, Farfisa electric piano (and vibraphone).

If you check below the musician credits, it's written that their mixer man, Angelo Vaggi play all the Moog parts.There's definetily synthesizer on that album and it surely doesn't sound like a Moog Modular so it must be a Minimoog.Wink

Edited by pierreolivier - June 05 2006 at 21:29
The Lost Chord View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 00:37
you know in Part 2 of Zarathustra, when that distinct synth comes in over the melody...thats fierce "bong bang boing!" its extremely distinct if you know what im talking about, im wondering what synth that was on, kind of like a crackly, dark, bubbly kind of synth noise
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 00:40
you know in Part 2 of Zarathustra, when that distinct synth comes in over the melody...thats fierce "bong bang boing!" its extremely distinct if you know what im talking about, im wondering what synth that was on, kind of like a crackly, dark, bubbly kind of synth noise
it comes in at exactly 2:00 minutes into part two, which would be about 5:51 from the start of the song.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 02:00
Originally posted by The Lost Chord The Lost Chord wrote:

it comes in at exactly 2:00 minutes into part two, which would be about 5:51 from the start of the song.

Just heard it and it's definitely a Minimoog.
erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 03:27
Marioluca Bariona R

From their website: a Minimoog?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 06:58
Originally posted by pierreolivier pierreolivier wrote:

If you check below the musician credits, it's written that their mixer man, Angelo Vaggi play all the Moog parts.There's definetily synthesizer on that album and it surely doesn't sound like a Moog Modular so it must be a Minimoog.Wink

Oh, yes, I didn't see the mention of the moog. Embarrassed

But on my copy it doesn't say that one of the guys who mixed the album, Angelo Vaggi played the moog. It says:

"Supervisione generale (in tutto e per tutto, anche al moog): ANGELO VAGGI"

= General supervision (in everything and for everthing, also to the moog): ANGELO VAGGI

so maybe Pit Corradi played it, not Angelo Vaggi? Maybe Vaggi set up the presets?

Edited by Fitzcarraldo - June 06 2006 at 07:00
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 13:32

But on my copy it doesn't say that one of the guys who mixed the album, Angelo Vaggi played the moog. It says:

= General supervision (in everything and for everthing, also to the moog): ANGELO VAGGI

so maybe Pit Corradi played it, not Angelo Vaggi? Maybe Vaggi set up the presets?

Sorry,I taught that "anche al moog" means that he played it in italian.Embarrassed
So, it's probably Pit Corradi that played the Minimoog.But what bugs me is that the Moog is not written on Corradi regular credits you mentionned before,Fitzcarraldo.

So maybe it's really Angelo Vaggi that play it,who knows?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 20:08
can i get that minimoog sound with the minimoog V software?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 20:22
i am using the minimoog V and trying to replicate that exact part, 2:00 minutes into part 2 of zarathustra...PLEASE dont telkl me it is just the default settings of the minimoog V, would anyone know? it sounds close but it is not quite exact, i am fooling with the knobs but im not getting anyweher...anyone know what to do?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 20:25

Sorry,I taught that "anche al moog" means that he played it in italian.Embarrassed
So, it's probably Pit Corradi that played the Minimoog.But what bugs me is that the Moog is not written on Corradi regular credits you mentionned before,Fitzcarraldo.

As my curiosity was piqued, I decided to contact the band and got a reply from Aberto Moreno. He told me the following:

Minimoog ( Monzino) was played by Pit Corradi; Angelo Vaggi had  the control of the sound during the recording of this instrument......

Thanks for your kind words about our ancient work....;-)
Ciao
from
Alberto

Grazie, Alberto. Thumbs Up
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 20:40
SImple question (i hope):  What was the main theme for Zarathustra played on?  You know, the recurring theme that starts the album.

The absolute first notes of the song...is that a mini moog also?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 21:54

As my curiosity was piqued, I decided to contact the band and got a reply from Aberto Moreno. He told me the following:

Minimoog ( Monzino) was played by Pit Corradi; Angelo Vaggi had  the control of the sound during the recording of this instrument......

Thanks for your kind words about our ancient work....;-)
Ciao
from
Alberto

Grazie, Alberto. Thumbs Up

Thanks for the clarifications,Fitzcarraldo.ClapSometimes the better explanations came from the source.Alberto Moreno is very cool to provide you an answer in such a short notice.It's a very good move.Clap
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 21:56

SImple question (i hope):  What was the main theme for Zarathustra played on?  You know, the recurring theme that starts the album.

The absolute first notes of the song...is that a mini moog also?

If you talk about the main theme that played at the beginning and at the end of the suite Zarathustra, that theme is played on a Mellotron M400 with the 3 violins sound.Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2006 at 11:28
does the M-Tron have that on it?  I bought the M-tron software....by m-audio, does it have that?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2006 at 14:28

does the M-Tron have that on it?  I bought the M-tron software....by m-audio, does it have that?

Of course, M-tron software have it.3 violins is the mellotron most popular sounds.Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2006 at 22:06
whats etting is that on the m-tron, 3 violins....i dont see one called "3 violins" but im sure its here under a diff name??
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2006 at 23:30

whats etting is that on the m-tron, 3 violins....i dont see one called "3 violins" but im sure its here under a diff name??

Maybe on the M-Tron it's filled under "strings" name.You certainly have it since it's the Mellotron classic sound, used by Genesis,King Crimson,Moody Blues and so on.The correct name of the sound is "3 violins" and this sound is not the same as "Strings" sounds wich also exist in different configuration on original mellotrons.If you want to spot your sound on the M-Tron,it's 3 violins in unison with no cello or alto.If you heard a bass note with other violins, then it's the "String ensemble" sound and it's not the classic sound you are searching.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2006 at 12:19
they have "genesissplit" which sounds very close....ah im confused ill work on it, THANKS..

also big question, can you assign the ptch bender to the M-tron?  Did it have one back then? because It doesnt work i want to know if it needs to be assigned?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>