38 [63.33%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 12:39
Originally posted by Marcos Marcos wrote:

Very "funny"... Angry 

I would like to know how many "argentinians" you know, to speak thus on us...

About Maradona, you watch him to walking in the air. Observe you the speed which he was played. Maradona played in the era of physical soccer, of the mark soccer. When Pelé played, the teams were attack, they did not defend, did not train to defend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTMgxYC291E

I have some argentinian,uruguayans brazilians and cubans in my family but is a joke brother Marcos other is Who is the country most near of paradise.? the answer is ....Uruguay.....Why?    ....Because Argentina is the Paradise . 
Marcos View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 13:49

Ok, no problem!

www.postmortemweb.com.ar
Chus View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 20:10
Good one, Mr. HerreraThumbs%20UpLOL

Did you hear about the one in which Batistuta and Caniggia were asking Maradona who was God's sent and Maradona said: what?? but I didn't send anyone (pero si sho no he enviado a nadie!!)LOL

EDIT: no offense to fellow argentiniansSmile

Edited by Chus - February 23 2007 at 20:13
Jesus Gabriel
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 22:19
Marcos wrote:
About Maradona, you watch him to walking in the air. Observe you the speed which he was played. Maradona played in the era of physical soccer, of the mark soccer. When Pelé played, the teams were attack, they did not defend, did not train to defend.

Are you kidding? Pele was massacred during the English World Cup by a criminal Portuguese defence, probably the deffensive tactics were primitive but Football was far more permissive, there were no yellow or red cards, you had to killl the other player to be thrown, there were no sustitutions, so if you lost a player you had to stay with 10 guys.

Maradona throwed himself to the floor (Even if there was not another player in 30 meters), cried, called the refferee, looked at the linesman, shouted cried again, raised arms, made a scandal, shouted to the TV for 20 minutes denounced complots.

Pele received 10 times more fouls but just rised up and continued playing , I remember a game in which an Uruguayan player came ready to break Pele's leg in the first 5 minutes, Pele just rised an elbow and hit the guy right in the face, no other Uruguayan player tried to break him again.

That is the difference, while one cried, shouted talked about the Referee and how the whole world was against him, Pele continued playing without any scandal and was ready to answer, that was a complete player.

Maradona would had died in a pre 1970 World Cup with Portuguese or Uruguayan defenses that gave the lowest kick in the eyebrow, not to talk about the famous Argentinean Pincha Ratas who carried pins and needles to stick them into the enemy player ribs as they jumped to hit a ball with the head (Ask Bilardo, one of the dirtiest guys in history when playing for Estudiantes de la Plata).

Iván

Edited by Ivan_Melgar_M - February 23 2007 at 22:22

Marcos View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 13:24
By chance, I'm an Estudiantes fan... i'm from La Plata. I can say there are a lot of lies about this 60's and 70's team. Some are true. But this team invented tactics and training ways. That is recognized by great technicians of the world as Rinus Michells ("Naranja Mecánica", Netherlands of 1974).
Please, don't forget Reyna, the guy from Perú

I understand that the Argentineans you do not love to us, and that weight. For that reason, I am not going to write more in this topic. It reaches to me with seeing Maradona to verify that he was the best one.
www.postmortemweb.com.ar
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 14:05
Originally posted by Marcos Marcos wrote:

By chance, I'm an Estudiantes fan... i'm from La Plata. I can say there are a lot of lies about this 60's and 70's team. Some are true. But this team invented tactics and training ways. That is recognized by great technicians of the world as Rinus Michells ("Naranja Mecánica", Netherlands of 1974).
Please, don't forget Reyna, the guy from Perú

I understand that the Argentineans you do not love to us, and that weight. For that reason, I am not going to write more in this topic. It reaches to me with seeing Maradona to verify that he was the best one.

Marcos, don't take it so seriously, there's a special relation between Perú and Argentina that comes from Don José de San Martin who is our real freedom provider and was reinforced during the Malvinas war being Perú the only country that effectively supported Argentina.

But some things are facts,
  1. Even though Reyna's performance was a shame, he never comitted a foul or kicked Maradona as other playes, he just stamped as a siamese brother without letting him move, but yes  it was a shame.
  2. The Pincharatas thing and the pins in the ribbs are documented, that defence is historically considered the hardest and oe of the dirtiest in history.
  3. Pele was massacred in every game, on a time there were no substitutions and the referees allowed much more, remember, the yellow and red cards were invented for Mexico 70, before that the referee throwed players only if they almost killed the rival.
  4. Maradona was an artist throwing to the floor and asking the referrees for sanctions plus his declarations on the media, he was a genius (INSIDE THE FIELD) but IMO not near to Pelé.
  5. Hey, every Sunday we have more Argentinean football than Peruvian (Fox Sports of America is more Fox Sports of Argentina), we love the football from that country, Oswaldo Ardiles was IMO the greatest Argetinean player ever to reach Europe, what a class, what an elegance.

Iván

markosherrera View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 18:29
The best national selection in a world cup of soccer or football was the selection of Brazil in 1970
almc2242 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 20:00
In the USA an athlete is measured not only by his performance on the playing field. But also in his everyday life. Checkout M. Jordan, Nolan Ryan, Joe Montana. these were, are and always will be heroes, unless something happens. Then again, look at Pete Rose (Gambling), OJ Simpson(will, we all know), Rae Carruth (Killed his pregnant wife)

Pele is a gentlemen, Maradona well, not exactly
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 21:41
Originally posted by markosherrera markosherrera wrote:

The best national selection in a world cup of soccer or football was the selection of Brazil in 1970

Nah, it was the best team by far in that World Cup, but IMO not the best ever, the differences were too big no country could make them more than one goal except Perú that made 2.

The two best teams I remember:

1.-. France 1982: 1 GK Dominique Baratelli, 2 DF Manuel Amoros, 3 DF Patrick Battiston, 4 DF Maxime Bossis, 5 DF Gerard Janvion, 6 DF Christian Lopez, 7 DF Philippe Mahut, 8 DF Marius Trésor, 9 MF Bernard Genghini, 10 MF Michel Platini, 11 MF Rene Girard, 12 MF Alain Giresse, 13 MF Jean-Francois Larios, 14 MF Jean-Amadou Tigana, 15 FW Bruno Bellone, 16 FW Alain Couriol, 17 FW Bernard Lacombe, 18 FW Dominique Rocheteau, 19 FW Didier Six, 20 FW Gerard Soler, 21 GK Jean Castaneda, 22 GK Jean-Luc Ettori

The perfect team, they deserved better luck if it wasn't for then most criminal penalty in the history of World Cups when Schumacher almost killed Battiston with a knee kick in the chest and a straight hit in face that caused the French player to be unconcious for several minutes and loose two teeth. To the astonishment of the world the Dutch referee Charles Corver marked goal kick instead of penalty and direct red card to Schumacher, it was a crime.

2.-  Netherlands World Cup 1974 : 1. Ruud Geels 2. Arie Haan 3. Wim van Hanegem 4. Kees van Ierssel 5.  Rinus Israël 6. Wim Jansen 7. Jan Jongbloed 9. Piet Keizer 10. René van de Kerkhof 11. Willy van de Kerkhof 12. Ruud Krol 13. Johan Neeskens 14. Johan Cruyff 15. Rob Rensenbrink 16. Johnny Rep 17. Wim Rijsbergen 18. Piet Schrijvers 19. Pleun Strik 20. Wim Suurbier 21. Eddy Treytel 22. Harry Vos

Probably the weakest link was Jongbloed and the lack of luck.

Those were two great teams.

Iván

Edited by Ivan_Melgar_M - February 24 2007 at 22:13

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 22:09
My heros..Pele,Tostao,Rivelino,Jairzinho,Brito,Clodoaldo,Everaldo,Piazza,Gerson...Not Felix I prefer Zepp Maier .
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 22:16
Originally posted by markosherrera markosherrera wrote:

My heros..Pele,Tostao,Rivelino,Jairzinho,Brito,Clodoaldo,Everaldo,Piazza,Gerson...Not Felix I prefer Zepp Maier .

Yes I agree, all great players and also about Felix, I could never understand how Brazil could take two goalies as Felix and Leao that were so under the level of the rest of the team.

That's why once Rivelinho said that if you could make 4 goals to Brazil but you should be ready to receive 6, that team had a disbalance between attack and defense, they played with  4-3-3 system, imagine 3 forwards 2 attack miedfielders and only one defensive miedfielder., amazing and unvelievable today.

Tostao was out of this planet.

Iván

Edited by Ivan_Melgar_M - February 24 2007 at 22:26

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 18:43
Mradona is a genius ...because he appear when someone open a bottle.........
sircosick View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2007 at 16:50
XD!  My vote was for Edson Arantes do Nascimento; he was a terrific header, and was capable to drive both legs with equally efficiency; things that Maradona doesn't have.
daz2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2007 at 09:43
Pele!!
In the constellation of cygnus,There lurks a mysterious force...The black hole
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234