FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnimusic 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Animusic 2
    Posted: June 25 2006 at 17:30
I was at a local Fry's electronics store, and to my suprise, I heard none other than an amazing rendition of ELP's Pictures at an Exhibition. I looked around and saw that on all the TVs, there was this DVD playing that had all sorts of animated robots "playing" the music.  I had never heard of this -- has anyone else?  I read the back of the DVD and it had a seal of approval from Jon Anderson.  I think most of the songs on the DVD are original, but they are all proggy. 

I found it on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CBWPXC/qid=1151270614/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/103-2287896-7674221?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130
Shrump View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2006 at 18:07
Yeah I've seen the first Animusic and it's mostly great. It was on TV one time. Funny I was just thinking about making an Animusic thread. There are some videos of it on youtube that I highly recommend fellow prog heads watch. This one is my favorite I think.

Joren View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2006 at 18:12
I just watched some animusic videos. It would be really cool to hear these pieces being played on actual instruments instead of these cheesy keyboard/computer sounds, 'cause some of the music is really great. The animation are great of course, but I wouldn't watch those things more than twice I think.

After all, watching real musicians playing is much more interesting than watching animations.

Edited by Joren - June 25 2006 at 18:25
 Post Reply Post Reply