Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEast of Eden second language

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: East of Eden second language
    Posted: July 02 2006 at 14:47
In the first East of Eden album, Mercator Projected, there is an anecdote told in a Slavic language. In their second album, SNAFU, there are two songs (more precisely, parts of songs) sung also in a Slavic language, probably the same.

I know what language this is not: it's surely not one of the Eastern Slavic languages (not Russian, not Ukrainian, not Byelorussian); almost surely not one of the Western Slavic languages (not Polish, not Czech, consequently, not Slovakian; the Upper and the Lower Sorbian have too little native speakers to have a chance).

Hence, it must be one of Southern Slavic languages: Slovenian, Serbo-Croatian, Bulgarian. Which one? Does anybody know?

Also, who of the three (Nicholson, Caines, Arbus) knew the Slavic language?

Edited by Fassbinder - July 02 2006 at 17:51
Fitzcarraldo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 01:38
Haven't listened to the music of EAST OF EDEN for donkey's years. As the track Communion is based on a Bartók theme I wonder if it's Hungarian.
Fassbinder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 10:41
Originally posted by Fitzcarraldo Fitzcarraldo wrote:

Haven't listened to the music of EAST OF EDEN for donkey's years. As the track Communion is based on a BartСk theme I wonder if it's Hungarian.

It's definitely Slavic. I am a native speaker of one of the Slavic languages. If it was Hungarian I wouldn't understand a single word, but here I do understand some, and, moreover, I realise the Slavic nature of the speaking (I mean the linguistic nature).

I know there are some Slavic speakers in the forum. I hope someone would know the answer.
 Post Reply Post Reply