Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FREE Legal MP3 downloads of Prog music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 65>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rushaholic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 19:48
Just visited the InsideOut website - they have a handfull of new MP3's to check out, including a new Pain of Salvation song from Scarsick:

Ty Tabor
: : : MP3 - Song: Ride- Album: Rock Garden

Pain of Salvation
: : : MP3 - Song: America - Album: Scarsick

Evergrey
: : : MP3 - Song: Monday Morning Apocalypse - Album: Monday Morning Apocalypse

Riverside
: : : MP3 - Song: Acronym Love - Album: Voices in My Head

Frost
: : : MP3 - Song: The Other Me - Album: Milliontown

GPS
: : : MP3 - Song: Written on the Wind - Album: Window to the Soul

Steve Hackett
: : : MP3 - Song: A Dark Night in Toytown - Album: Wild Orchids

hdfisch View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hdfisch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2006 at 18:19
Just listened to the POS song!What a disappointment, hope the whole album doesn't sound like that!Daniel, which way are you goin'??Confused
To be prog or not to be, that's not the question!
Sillyam Likesbeer
hdfisch View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hdfisch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2006 at 18:31
Frost is honestly completely CRAP!!, at least this song (but I didn't really expect anything better after all the hype they got!UnhappyConfusedBig smile But thanks for the links anyway!!Big smile
To be prog or not to be, that's not the question!
Sillyam Likesbeer
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2006 at 17:06
Originally posted by hdfisch hdfisch wrote:

Just listened to the POS song!What a disappointment, hope the whole album doesn't sound like that!Daniel, which way are you goin'??Confused

I agree - looks like the new PoS could be a huge disappointment based on that song.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2006 at 17:12
For all those of you that missed the Procupine Tree tour with ProjeKct 6 (Robert Fripp and Adrian Belew), the following link is an mp3 of a portion of the ProjeKct 6 opening act:

http://www.dgmlive.com/kc/

I loved their performance.

The link is one of the hot tickles that appear on the site every so often.

Enjoy.
Norm Cash View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 11:49
After reading yet another kick-azz review of the Egyptian Kings album Almagest, I decided to go to their web page and grab the free download.

Unfortunately, the internet pixies don't seem to be playing the game. I'm having all sorts of difficulties. "File no longer available", file available but you have to wait until your connection resets, you need to sign up for the service, etc, etc. Bottom line....it just don't wanna download. Not easily, at least.

Can anybody offer any help?

Is it available for download from another site?

If the album was available as a free download (but no longer available at all), is it kosher to ask someone for a copy?

Will everything I write from now on be in the form of a question?

Question

"We did it....you and me! Put him right under the table!"
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 20:38
Originally posted by Norm Cash Norm Cash wrote:

After reading yet another kick-azz review of the Egyptian Kings album Almagest, I decided to go to their web page and grab the free download.

Unfortunately, the internet pixies don't seem to be playing the game. I'm having all sorts of difficulties. "File no longer available", file available but you have to wait until your connection resets, you need to sign up for the service, etc, etc. Bottom line....it just don't wanna download. Not easily, at least.

Can anybody offer any help?

Is it available for download from another site?

If the album was available as a free download (but no longer available at all), is it kosher to ask someone for a copy?

Will everything I write from now on be in the form of a question?

Question

Follow the link to their myspace website.

Instead of following the link to the Egyptian Kings - ALMAGEST - Download, click on the picture of the album right below it.  Now just follow the remaining links.

Great album.
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2006 at 03:59
Norm now sorted.

Not strictly within the term so this thread, but all the NEKTAR albums are currently available in full for streaming via their official website.
MajesterX View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajesterX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2006 at 19:29
Originally posted by rushaholic rushaholic wrote:

I agree - looks like the new PoS could be a huge disappointment based on that song.

you guys are too judgmental! I'm totally positive that the whole album with not sound that way! Its obviously a parody pop song and probably part of some dark and complex concept behind the album.

I've heard 30 sec. sound clips for all of the songs on the album, and the album seems like it will be a dark and heavy album, NONE of the songs sound anything like America. I think it was a very very dumb move for Inside out to release this song, it will drive alot of people way.

Hdfisch- you bash POS and Frost??? Can't you say anything positive? You can't base an entire album or band on one song!
CaptainQuark View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainQuark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2006 at 19:50
I have to agree to a certain extent. That is definitely not the best PoS track I have heard and not the track I would have used to try to introduce someone who had never heard PoS before to the band. I certainly would never have given PoS a second chance if that was the first track of theirs that I'd heard!

You'd be better off going to the band's site here http://www.painofsalvation.com/enter.htm and checking out the samples in the Tools/Download section.

You could try a tracks like Used or Ashes, if you like it heavy (...ish), or Morning on Earth, if you like something mellower and more melodic.

All of these are good examples of PoS's work, but they are both from the same album, The Perfect Element (2000), and they have developed since then. Their latest offering, Be is much different and the best tracks on the album (IMHO) show strong Swedish folk influences with some awesome percussion.

Don't give up on PoS – you'll regret it for the rest of your life!

Edited by CaptainQuark - December 08 2006 at 19:52
Erithacus
Ordinary morals are for ordinary people ~ Aleister Crowley
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2006 at 05:18
Could you take the POS discussion to another thread please, and leave this one for its intended purpose.

Cheers
qra21 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qra21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2006 at 05:26
Fell free to download three full tracks from my band's site: www.pointofview.art.pl/ang/angielska.htm

You can also listen to one of them in straming format here at ProgArchives.

Cheers
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2006 at 06:13
Point Of View - I've noticed the song 'Reborn' before - excellent!

here are offered some songs to download from a psychedelic space rock band from sweden:
http://www.thecarpetknights.nu/engIndex.html

lucas View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2006 at 17:42

I listened to that song from beginning to end, and I don't find it bad. So, what's wrong with that song ? It reminds a lot of ACT, which is a band I adore (incredible band on stage). 

Edited by lucas - December 17 2006 at 17:44
"Magma was the very first gothic rock band" (Didier Lockwood)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 03:35
Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

Could you take the POS discussion to another thread please, and leave this one for its intended purpose.

Cheers
Confused
ebag7125 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebag7125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 18:31
Symphony X has mp3's

Prog-jester View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog-jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 17:14
VISOKOSNOE LETO - proto-AUTOGRAPH Russian Prog band.I plan to add them here.Disbanded in 1979, VL didn't left good-quality records.The ones preserved were tape-rehearsal-like ones released later in 1995 on CD.Now they're avalaible for downloading from Russian Art-Rock Society site(absolutely legal)

UverturaPokhetitel Snov (The Slumberthief)The Slumberthief (another version)The Store of Wonders (Lavka Chudes)Mona LisaToneless Rondo (Rondo vne tonalnosti)Zerkala (the Mirrors)The Song of Riotman (Pesnya o Buntare)ParadoxMir Dereviev (The World of Trees)Satan's Dances (Sataninskie Plyaski) live
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog-jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 17:19
^ click on any song's name to load it...

INFRONT - great Russian instrumental Prog-band,compared to ANEKDOTEN mixed with TOOL - they have their samples here - www.realmusic.ru/infront
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog-jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 17:22
Er.J.Orchestra - awesome Ukrainian Fusion band(also plan them for adding here) - imagine a mixture of AFTER CRYING,ANGLAGARD and MAHAVISHNU - have 2 from their 3 full-length albums avalaible for download LEGALLY and for FREE. Click here - http://www.erjorchestra.kiev.ua/eng/music/ and download it!!!
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog-jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 17:25
   DISEN GAGE have their marvellous debut instrumental album avalaible for FREE downloading from their website

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 65>