Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCarrying contraceptives

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Would you let your son/daughter carry one just in case?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [83.33%]
4 [16.67%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carrying contraceptives
    Posted: July 25 2006 at 07:06
A friend and I was talking about this earlier. I would like to hear from the fathers here in the forum.
I  am not for carrying or using contrceptives outside marriage. To be honest, I havent bought or used a condom in my entire 23 years... and yes, I'm still a virgin.. Conservative?? I think I am.
I believe that sex, is  only for married couples (of the oppossite sex)
Now, please, dont get me wrong. I'm not in favor of having premarital sex. And I wouldnt let my son or my daughter carry and/or use contraceptives  out of marriage.
Please keep this clean. No personnal or religious attacks. I just want to know your views.
Thanks!

Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 07:34
I would actually pay the condom just to make sure.
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
mystic fred View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 08:37
I am not a father, i've always been too careful for that - don't get me wrong i was a bit of a lad but when i was young it was an absolute disgrace for a woman to become pregnant out of wedlock, but unfortunately these days in my country Christian values don't count for anything. There are many "good" girls i'm sure but many of them seem to behave like alley cats - flying off to Ibiza for 2 weeks of drunken sex. I have heard from many sources that English girls at home and abroad are promiscuous and don't care what they do or who they do it with, some of the stories i hear make me ashamed. If i was a father i'd be worried to let my daughter out the house. Many parents encourage their children to use condoms but many of them see that as a license for promiscuity. Call me old fashioned but Christian values could save a lot of misery and heartache, just watch Jeremy Kyle any day, drink, drugs and promiscuity. Well there ends the sermon fom MF!
Prog Archives Tour Van
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 08:48
Originally posted by mystic fred mystic fred wrote:

I am not a father, i've always been too careful for that - don't get me wrong i was a bit of a lad but when i was young it was an absolute disgrace for a woman to become pregnant out of wedlock, but unfortunately these days in my country Christian values don't count for anything. There are many "good" girls i'm sure but many of them seem to behave like alley cats - flying off to Ibiza for 2 weeks of drunken sex. I have heard from many sources that English girls at home and abroad are promiscuous and don't care what they do or who they do it with, some of the stories i hear make me ashamed. If i was a father i'd be worried to let my daughter out the house. Many parents encourage their children to use condoms but many of them see that as a license for promiscuity. Call me old fashioned but Christian values could save a lot of misery and heartache, just watch Jeremy Kyle any day, drink, drugs and promiscuity. Well there ends the sermon fom MF!

Not limited to english girls, there are tons of English boys looking to get laid also LOL in Ibiza

Plenty of youth doing that from every country

This is rather an interesting concept, these young girls acting completely depraved on holidays. They are ready to engage in sex (and not just conventional) with almost complete strangers who do not care one bit for them (with the assurance of never seeing them again), but in their hometown, they behave like a saint, and never engage this behaviour with males that could care for them.

then they complain about the way males are and not finding nice onesConfused???

But at least the vast majority use condoms and pills
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 08:51
OK, I'm not a father (or even a mother...), but I'd like to have my say all the same. You know, the thing is, you can buy your son condoms, but you're never going to be sure that he uses them.... As far as I know, there are many men who don't like using them, although they have an even more important function nowadays (as well as in the past) than preventing pregnancy. It's not a question of buying them, but rather one related to upbringing and values.

Now, I don't consider myself a Christian anymore, but I have a deep respect for my fellow people. Therefore, I think that using people as mere sex objects is not a positive thing by any means. I'm not the kind of person who says there has always to be love - but even so-called 'recreational' sex need not be done in a way that demeans either yourself or the other person. I'd hate to wake up in the morning beside a man whose name I didn't even know because I was too drunk the night before.

That said, I don't think that marriage is that relevant. If two people marry for the wrong reasons (and there are quite a few that still do that), the fact that they are married doesn't make their having sex together righter than two unmarried people who love, respect and care for each other. But then, not being religious, I think marriage is only a social contract, which should have no bearing on private matters such as sex.
NutterAlert View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 08:57
Proud to be an un-banned member since 2005
NutterAlert View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 09:01

To be serious...when I was young and had unprotected sex the worst that happened was a rash, some itching and embarrasing trips to the doctors. The worst that can happen now is you can die (of AIDS).

I have a 16 year old daughter and she is aware of all safe sex messages.

You said no religion MM, but I have grave concerns about views of catholic church/condoms & spead of AIDS.
Proud to be an un-banned member since 2005
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 09:37
I would advise my son to always carry one in his pocket... or maybe two

kids should be aware of these things, I am still 25 and I am very careful... at least I try to be
cuncuna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 09:55
I don't want children of anykind. But if I had one, I would buy the contraceptives myself and give them to her - him. Too much people in the world. Everyone thinks about their uwn genetic material as a Jewel of evilution; meanwhile, we are running out of rice...
¡Beware of the Bee!

cuncuna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 10:00
Originally posted by mystic fred mystic fred wrote:

If I had the money, I would went to Ibiza myself. If someone wants to explore sexuality, ¿what's the problem?... as long as you care and respect for you and your ocasional "partner". There is people that fly to everywhere to drop bombs or instigate changes of power. Now, I know one thing: I wouldn't fly anywhere just for sex, I would fly for love and sex. In fact, my actual Girlfriend studies a bit far; so I think I do.

¡Beware of the Bee!

JayDee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 10:12
Thanks... keep em coming.The views of  Ghost Rider and Mystic Fred stands out for me, at this point.
why is the NO vote not moving????LOL
and to Nutter, I understand!Big smile
I guess its a bit difficult not to mention religion... Just dont hit bellow the belt.

JayDee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 10:22
and oh, BTW, non parents are also welcome to post.
specially the teens of PAWink

The Wizard View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 10:28
I don't have a child, but when I do I will take him to the store, buy him condoms, and make sure he can have safe sex. Sex is a completly natural thing, and the human body has urges and such. I wouldn't encourage it, but if it happens I would rather have him not getting a girl pregnant. Simple as that.  

Edited by The Wizard - July 25 2006 at 10:29
Bob Greece View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 10:38
Originally posted by The Wizard The Wizard wrote:

Sex is a completly natural thing, and the human body has urges and such. I wouldn't encourage it, but if it happens I would rather have him not getting a girl pregnant. Simple as that.  

I was thinking what to write and then you typed it in for me. LOL

This is an interesting discussion.
GoldenSpiral View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 10:43
Teens need to be educated about their options instead of being scared into not having sex.  The fact is, they know about sex, they're going to do it.  It's been this way since time immemorial.  It even happens to kids brought up with the most Christian and conservative of values.  Withholding contraceptives, birth control, and education about how to have sex safely and respectfully can only damage them.  I wouldn't want my kids entering adulthood thinking sex is something dirty and evil or something to be feared.  They're more likely to have dangerous unprotected sex if they are not educated and prepared, instead of doing it safely with someone they love.

also.... I won't even touch your comment on same-sex issues.... for now Confused
http://www.myspace.com/altaic
ALTAIC

"Oceans Down You'll Lie"
coming soon
JayDee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 10:46
Hey Bob... Long time no see bro!
Hug

Would you do the same thing for your daughter?(if you had one)I mean, would you let her have pills or something ?@ Wizzie

JayDee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 10:51
Originally posted by GoldenSpiral GoldenSpiral wrote:

Teens need to be educated about their options instead of being scared into not having sex. Agreed  The fact is, they know about sex, they're going to do it.The problem is, where or from whom did they learn about it.  It's been this way since time immemorial.  It even happens to kids brought up with the most Christian and conservative of values. Agreed  Withholding contraceptives, birth control, and education about how to have sex safely and respectfully can only damage them.  I wouldn't want my kids entering adulthood thinking sex is something dirty and evil or something to be feared. Hell Yeah! LOL They're more likely to have dangerous unprotected sex if they are not educated and prepared, instead of doing it safely with someone they love. Agreed

also.... I won't even touch your comment on same-sex issues.... for now Confused A different topicBig smile

Bob Greece View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 10:52
Originally posted by Majestic_Mayhem Majestic_Mayhem wrote:

Hug

I've been back for a few weeks now. I guess I've just been keeping a low profile. Thanks for the nice words anyway. Smile

Would you do the same thing for your daughter?(if you had one)I mean, would you let her have pills or something ?@ Wizzie

I can answer that! You can advise the kids but in the end it's up to them if they want to have sex or not. If they are going to have sex then it's better that they take precautions.
The Wizard View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 11:00

Hug

Yes, I would becuase some men hate using condoms and they don't always carry them. I don't want to force morality on my daughter either, and even If I do that's no garuntee to prevent her from having sex.

My parents never give me condoms, so if I'm ever in the situation where I would need one I would hope my female partner has the pill.
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 11:04
    When I was young, and a bit wild, I was very sexually active. I had the talks with my parents, and while they didn't say I had to married, they did encourage me to wait until it was with someone I loved. But, I was young, and was going to do what I wanted to.

Contraception was a huge priority for many reasons. Birth control was at the top of the list, until the advent of AIDS. By practicing "safe sex" no diseases were transferred (at least not to me), and no one got pregnant.

I have a different view now. Although I still don't think marriage is neccessary, I do believe that two people should be absolutely sure that it is the right thing to do. There are many emotions involved, and it is very easy for someone to get hurt. For this reason, I have been celibate for almost four years. I do not wish to cause any harm. That includes myself. When I meet someone, and I am sure it is the right thing to do, this period will be over.

It is almost impossible to make someone adhere to your philosophy, if they really want to go the other direction. For that reason, I think it is irresponsible to deny contraception to a young person. Just because you don't want them to have sex, doesn't mean they aren't going to. It is important to encourage them to at least be safe about it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>