Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCarrying contraceptives

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Would you let your son/daughter carry one just in case?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [83.33%]
4 [16.67%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 11:05
Originally posted by The Wizard The Wizard wrote:

Yes, I would becuase some men hate using condoms and they don't always carry them. I don't want to force morality on my daughter either, and even If I do that's no garuntee to prevent her from having sex.

It's irresponsible to have sex without condoms. You never know what you might catch or transmit.
The Wizard View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 11:07
Originally posted by Bob Greece Bob Greece wrote:

Originally posted by The Wizard The Wizard wrote:

Yes, I would becuase some men hate using condoms and they don't always carry them. I don't want to force morality on my daughter either, and even If I do that's no garuntee to prevent her from having sex.

It's irresponsible to have sex without condoms. You never know what you might catch or transmit.
Exactly. That's why you should make your son uses one!
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 11:08
Originally posted by NutterAlert NutterAlert wrote:

You said no religion MM, but I have grave concerns about views of catholic church/condoms & spread of AIDS.

Yes I would say that this is where the Vatican is really not up to their self-claimed level of decency. In order to avoid promiscuity and birth control (for their own use/purpose), they are ready to promote false information.

So if condoms do not prevent AIDS, then most people will have sex without the rubber (I mean why bother with that fun killer if it is useless) causing more unwanted pregnancies and birth and even more diseases.

This spreading of false info is criminal behaviour.

I understand their aim is to promote abstinance (which is a very valid option everyone should have the option of considering or applying) , but this is bloody stupid public relations, undermining even more their credibility.  >> this is the exact result they got from all parties involved including other Christian movement.
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Bob Greece View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 11:09
Originally posted by bhikkhu bhikkhu wrote:

I have a different view now. Although I still don't think marriage is neccessary, I do believe that two people should be absolutely sure that it is the right thing to do. There are many emotions involved, and it is very easy for someone to get hurt. For this reason, I have been celibate for almost four years. I do not wish to cause any harm. That includes myself. When I meet someone, and I am sure it is the right thing to do, this period will be over.      

Clap
JayDee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 11:15
Its 12 YES to 1 NO..
guess who answered NOLOL
I wish someone would come in and answer NO and explain his/her side

JayDee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 11:26
Originally posted by Bob Greece Bob Greece wrote:

Originally posted by Majestic_Mayhem Majestic_Mayhem wrote:

Its 12 YES to 1 NO..
guess who answered NOLOL
I wish someone would come in and answer NO and explain his/her side

Saying 'no' is the same view as that of the Catholic church. Sorry to bring religion up but it has been mentioned a few times already. The Catholic church thinks that if people don't carry or use condoms then they won't have sex. This is wrong. agreed, (Im a non Catholic BTWSmile)

If you rephrase your question into "Would you encourage your children to have sex" then you'd get a lot more 'no' answers. well, quite obviouslyEmbarrassed

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 11:37

I have a different view now. Although I still don't think marriage is neccessary, I do believe that two people should be absolutely sure that it is the right thing to do. There are many emotions involved, and it is very easy for someone to get hurt. For this reason, I have been celibate for almost four years. I do not wish to cause any harm. That includes myself. When I meet someone, and I am sure it is the right thing to do, this period will be over.      

Uuuhhh!!..........Confused

Sex is meant to please not harm. especially when the two individual appreciate each other.

Just thought I'd remind you of this.Wink

While I respect your celibacy, it is best to try out sex fairly soon in the relationship, because that is a factor that can intervene (inadequacies, strong distastes , simply bad physical chemistry >> which is possible even when the characterial chemistry is fine) into whether to keep going in that relation.

Generally nobody is having sex with someone the do not appreciate (outside the prostitution thing) at least quite a bit!!! or else, they are masochists (and THAT my friend is a whole other debate)

Edited by Sean Trane - July 25 2006 at 11:38
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 12:47
Thanks for reminding me.....
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 12:59
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Sex is meant to please not harm. especially when the two individual appreciate each other.

While I respect your celibacy, it is best to try out sex fairly soon in the relationship, because that is a factor that can intervene (inadequacies, strong distastes , simply bad physical chemistry >> which is possible even when the characterial chemistry is fine) into whether to keep going in that relation.

Generally nobody is having sex with someone the do not appreciate (outside the prostitution thing) at least quite a bit!!! or else, they are masochists (and THAT my friend is a whole other debate)

Hugues, yours is the point of view of a decent human being, who respects others as well as himself. You'd be surprised at the number of people who use sex to harm others - and I'm not talking about rape (which has nothing to do with sex, anyway). Having sex with somebody who is in love with you when you are not is a wonderful way of hurting them, especially when you can't be honest about that from the very beginning.

This is why I tend to endorse Bhikkhu's views, which are quite rare in men, and nowadays also in women. It's not moralism, but rather a moral issue - to me, immorality is making others suffer. I hold these views because I've suffered a lot in the past because of men's dishonest behaviour. And I could write a book about the appreciation thing... If you mean "fancy", that's one thing - pure physical chemistry. Appreciation goes deeper, and involves other aspects than the purely physical.

That said, I agree with you that it's best to try sex soon in a relationship, unless one is only interested in only having a spiritual bond with their partner.
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 13:22
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

Uuuhhh!!..........

Just thought I'd remind you of this.

Hugues, yours is the point of view of a decent human being, who respects others as well as himself. You'd be surprised at the number of people who use sex to harm others - and I'm not talking about rape (which has nothing to do with sex, anyway). Having sex with somebody who is in love with you when you are not is a wonderful way of hurting them, especially when you can't be honest about that from the very beginning. This is why I tend to endorse Bhikkhu's views, which are quite rare in men, and nowadays also in women. It's not moralism, but rather a moral issue - to me, immorality is making others suffer. I hold these views because I've suffered a lot in the past because of men's dishonest behaviour. And I could write a book about the appreciation thing... If you mean "fancy", that's one thing - pure physical chemistry. Appreciation goes deeper, and involves other aspects than the purely physical.That said, I agree with you that it's best to try sex soon in a relationship, unless one is only interested in only having a spiritual bond with their partner.

Thanks for the support Raffaella.

My point was about emotional distress. I have been the cause, and the recipient of it in the past. I have found that even if it is just supposed to be casual, there are always some underlying emotions. You may not even realize it at first, but it can easily surface afterwards. I do not wish to cause harm in any way, shape, or form. Yes, I know that sometimes it is not intentional, but I will do my best to avoid it. That is all that can be expected.
Syzygy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 15:45
Definitely yes. Morality aside, I think Woody Allen got it about right:

Sex without love is an empty experience, but as empty experiences go, it's one of the best.

And

Love is the answer - but while you're waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty interesting questions.
'Like so many of you
I've got my doubts about how much to contribute
to the already rich among us...'

Robert Wyatt, Gloria Gloom

glass house View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 16:09
My oldest daughter is 11, she's not that occupied with boys. We are very open so she allready knows enough. When she is older we are gonna talk about contraceptives whether it be condoms or the pill.
JayDee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 18:54

[QUOTE=bhikkhu]   

Thanks for the support Raffaella.

My point was about emotional distress. I have been the cause, and the recipient of it in the past. I have found that even if it is just supposed to be casual, there are always some underlying emotions. You may not even realize it at first, but it can easily surface afterwards. I do not wish to cause harm in any way, shape, or form. Yes, I know that sometimes it is not intentional, but I will do my best to avoid it. That is all that can be expected.
So true.

JayDee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 18:57
Thats nice Glass House. Smile

still 1 vote for the abstinence till marriage option.

The Wizard View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 18:59

Clap

I think parents should spend more time trying to explain sex and how it is shouldn't be taken lightly but not avoided instead of trying to sacre them and make it appear as some sort of satantic ritual.
JayDee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 19:12
I think parents should not scare their children into not having sex. Sex is beautiful ( again ) when it is done within marriage IMO. Youngsters nowadays get all impulsive and stuff and jump right at the opportunity of having it. specially with the protection we now have.In the end, they just get hurt. Jumping from one sexual relationship to another. For me, if youre not ready for the result of sex, even if you think that it is the right thing to do at that time, if youre not ready-- then better not do it. Parents play a very imprtant role here, I think all of us will agree. 
Not forcing anything though.Tongue

Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 00:15

I think parents should not scare their children into not having sex. Sex is beautiful ( again ) when it is done within marriage IMO. Youngsters nowadays get all impulsive and stuff and jump right at the opportunity of having it. specially with the protection we now have.In the end, they just get hurt. Jumping from one sexual relationship to another. For me, if youre not ready for the result of sex, even if you think that it is the right thing to do at that time, if youre not ready-- then better not do it. Parents play a very imprtant role here, I think all of us will agree. 

MM, I can understand your point of view (that's what the Catholic Church preaches, and I have it practically on my doorstep...), but I can't say I share it. There are a myriad shades of gray between the black of promiscuity and the white of marriage. I refuse to think that two people (be they of different genders or of the same) who live together without being married, but loving, respecting and supporting each other, are inferior to those who have had words said over them by a priest or a town official. I tell you this because I know of many such couples, which often show each other more respect and faithfulness than many married ones. I could tell you more from my own personal experience, but this is something I prefer not to share in a public forum.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 04:01

Hugues, yours is the point of view of a decent human being, who respects others as well as himself. >> surely that is a majority of the people you desctibe here. The point of having sex with another person is to share pleasure (this means reciprocated pleasure or else there will not be a second or next time).

You'd be surprised at the number of people who use sex to harm others - and I'm not talking about rape (which has nothing to do with sex, anyway). Having sex with somebody who is in love with you when you are not is a wonderful way of hurting them, especially when you can't be honest about that from the very beginning. >>> well this lack of honesty is also understandable, since one is often afraid of opening up to the other >> especially with today's women: tell them you love them a bit too quickly (by being sensitive) and you find that they will flee!

While women cry out for sensitive men, I actually think they are out for the strong type that can be sensitive once in a whilm and not the sensitive men that can be occasionally strong. This double language from women is quite confusing , but the women do not control who they are attracted to, but generally it is jerks they fall for, and the "nice guys" can f**k off (unfortunately only figuratively speakingCryWink)

This is why I tend to endorse Bhikkhu's views, which are quite rare in men, and nowadays also in women. I think I told you once that the sad thing is that women are trying to be the equal of men by imitating the men's worst sides (love, driving, opportunist careers, kick boxing etc...) and this is only making them wrong about it

It's not moralism, but rather a moral issue - to me, immorality is making others suffer. I hold these views because I've suffered a lot in the past because of men's dishonest behaviour.  Highly biased comment , sister >>> women are just as dishonnest and even more manipulative re: sex and love than men are. And they know the formulas well: the way to a man's body is through his balls, but the way to his heart is through his stomach >>> the only one of those female proverbs I see fit to print here Wink

And I could write a book about the appreciation thing... If you mean "fancy", that's one thing - pure physical chemistry. Appreciation goes deeper, and involves other aspects than the purely physical.  >>> if you are talking of deceiving the other just in terms to be able to screw him or her, then you get into another debate, we are talking of consenting adults with reasonably honesty  >> this is still over 90% of the population.

But this concerns only a small part of males which have predatory instincts and usually hang out in disco and bars. But are the women hanging out in such places not yet aware and therefore willing toplay that game . Therefore we are spaking of consenting adults also

That said, I agree with you that it's best to try sex soon in a relationship, unless one is only interested in only having a spiritual bond with their partner.

content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
JayDee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 10:00

MM, I can understand your point of view (that's what the Catholic Church preaches, and I have it practically on my doorstep...), but I can't say I share it. There are a myriad shades of gray between the black of promiscuity and the white of marriage. I refuse to think that two people (be they of different genders or of the same) who live together without being married, but loving, respecting and supporting each other, are inferior to those who have had words said over them by a priest or a town official.Agreed. But, why wouldnt they marry given all the reasons? I tell you this because I know of many such couples, which often show each other more respect and faithfulness than many married ones. I could tell you more from my own personal experience, but this is something I prefer not to share in a public forum.
Smile
I didnt know youre female untill I read your real (?) name Ma'am!Smile
Differences in opinions and beliefs are healthy. I celebrate it with you.Hug

Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 10:43
For Hugues (sorry not to quote all of your message, but Ivan's style is not for me!Wink):

I agree on many of the things you said, and also on the fact that women nowadays are trying to imitate the worst sides of men. I have also suffered a lot at the hands of women - obviously not in a romantic or sexual sense (I've always been into men only), but in such situations as the workplace or even friendship, so I know that women can be as mean as men, and even worse.

I'm no man-basher by any means: I love being in the company of men, and I prefer them as friends and colleagues. That said, I can't forget those who hurt me or made me feel inadequate for most of my life. As to women "crying for sensitive men" and then falling for j***s, I've never been one of these. I'm an extremely honest person and I've never been attracted by macho types. I've also never fled from somebody who said he loved me, if I loved him in return. One thing you can believe about me: I've never played any games with men, as I don't do in any kind of relationship. I'm about as open and honest as you can find, and you would realise it immediately should you meet me in person (which I hope will happen soon Wink).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>