Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCozmic Corridors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cozmic Corridors
    Posted: August 02 2006 at 05:52
I think this band would be a more than worthy addition to the city. From my knowledge they released one self titled album. There are rumours of another album which consists of rare and unreleased material, but I am quite certain this is not an offical release.

Here is a little bit about the band from thesoundprojector.com.

"The recitative by Pauline Fund here passes over the head of this non-German speaking listener, but a certain iambic pentameter can be perceived suggesting some hippy poetry reading. At one level this record is just a celebration of the enjoyable sounds of Hammond organ and Mini-Moog, manipulated here with grace and charm by Alex Meyer, which in itself is surely more than enough justification for constant replaying. At another level, some fine keyboard playing which strikes me as both true to the limitations of the electronic instruments (all very simple textures and patterns) and simultaneously imbued with real human qualities; one track seems to match exactly all the biological and physical properties of the act of breathing. To hear it is like inhaling a sudden blast of cool mountain air."

philippe View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 06:08
I strongly support this addition! With all its amazing & "hypnotic" synth ambiences, this band can find a legitimate place in krautrock or in progressive electronic. I just can't decide directly about the genre

Edited by philippe - August 02 2006 at 06:08
Politician View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 06:13
The history of this album is odd, to say the least. Upon its "rediscovery" in the mid-nineties (first tracks were issued on Virgin's "Unknown Deutschland" compilations, then the album was released in its entirety on Psi-Fi), it was said to have been released as a private pressing on the Pyramid label in the mid-seventies. However, another school of thought held that it was nothing more than a hoax, and that the tracks were recorded by British musicians in the nineties to cash in on the then-Krautrock boom. My own view is that the tracks are indeed German and mid-seventies (they certainly sound so), but that they were not issued until the Virgin and Psi-Fi CDs appeared - certainly, none of the many albums supposed to have been released on Pyramid have ever appeared on any sale list of rare records. What do other forum members think? Has anyone ever encountered an original Cozmic Corridors or Pyramid LP?
Apsalar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 06:51
Interesting, I have not heard these accusation but this is definately something quite odd. From what I know the 'original' record was limited to 100 pressing, so it is going to very hard to find one of these (I have looked). I am a little doubtful but this hoax though. The music itself has a very distinct '70s german sound. Also the fact of the vocals, it is quite hard to pull something like this off. Having been brought up with the english language. I know most native speaking english have problems with the pronunciation of harsher languages especially little things like the rolling R's in german. Which seems very natural in this recording. But this is definalety a talking point and I also would be interested to know if anybody has further information.

To be trueful I have not come across any records on the Pyramid label. They all seems to be very rare, usually with the 100 release tag. The only other band I know who were on the label are Pyramid, Temple and The Nazgûl. All of which there is little information on the internet.     
Apsalar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 06:58
Originally posted by philippe philippe wrote:

I strongly support this addition! With all its amazing & "hypnotic" synth ambiences, this band can find a legitimate place in krautrock or in progressive electronic. I just can't decide directly about the genre

For the time being I am more inclined towards the progressive electronics. I find their utilisation of ambient textures to be a prodimant facet of the albums sound. Though this being said, there is Krautrock filtered throughout (especially in Niemand Versteht), but I think most of the time they explore further beyond the boundaries of the tradtional rock sound. So there is a fine line being crossed here. Which one are leaning towards at the moment?

Edited by Black Velvet - August 02 2006 at 07:08
anael View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 17:06
Totally agree, that group is awesome.
 Post Reply Post Reply