FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIron Maiden Goes Progressive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 12:25
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

While I understand the owners desire to make the site more inclusive,I have been against the prog related category from the very beginning,and so I don't concern myself with the addition of prog related bands.

Cry
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 12:58
^ Back then I was a big supporter of the prog related genre ... but in retrospect I can't agree with how it was actually implemented. I still like the idea, but much would need to be done in order for it to make sense ... given the choice, I'd rather have a purist website and a separated non-prog website, or a website which has no genre limitation at all.
Paulieg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 10:36
I agree.  Maiden need to be added as prog-related to the site!  I saw Maiden twice during the "Piece of Mind" tour with Priest back in 83.  My God, has it been that long!!!  It was at Madison Square Garden both times.  All I can say is what a performance and they blew Priest away, though Priest were awesome too, ecspecially when Halford came out riding his Harley.  These were the first concerts I ever went too.  What a great time it was.  I remember Harris and his blue fender Precision bass.  He sounded incredible.  Up The Irons!!!
_coffin_fodder_ View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 10:22
Sure its good news...
but i think its important that Maiden keep some variation in their style by including more heavy/melodic influenced songs to keep the album more interesting.

One of Iron Maidens main points is that they have always been a little different to the mainstream and by shifting into more progressive styles they are setting themselves apart from the modern day "rock" scene... (i use that term very loosely for obvious reasons)

As far as the sound goes, its still got the identifying features of the band... Dickinson's voice being soo sharp yet warm at the same time and giving the music a very distict feel, and Harris's rather upbeat bass playing (which has been described by my bass player as 'more of a gallop than anything else) which raises the intensity of the rhythm.

By the looks of it they will be playing from A Matter of Life and Dead in December at Newcastle, and im very much sure that the Iron Maiden experience will be present there.. (sure hope so =P)

†Coffin Fodder†

†Nocturnal pulse†
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12