Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAvant Garde Festival Schiphorst 1- 3 Sept

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avant Garde Festival Schiphorst 1- 3 Sept
    Posted: August 11 2006 at 17:21
A stunning line up for lovers of avant-prog at this festival, apparently run by Jean Herve Peron of Faust (one of this year's star performers). Other goodies include Charles Hayward with a new band, Krautrock legends Michael Rother & Dieter Moebius together, The Legendary Pink Dots and much else besides...

see this link for more info: http://www.avantgardefestival.de/
'Like so many of you
I've got my doubts about how much to contribute
to the already rich among us...'

Robert Wyatt, Gloria Gloom

Apsalar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2006 at 03:21
Wow thanks for this information! I never even knew this festival existed. If I am over in England by this time, I would definately think about heading over to Germany sometime around then.

There are some really good bands on the line up as well, I would really love to see what Z'EV and PermanentFatalError do live not to mention Faust (alongside the ones you have mentioned). they have really brought together some get bands.

Are you think about going?
Syzygy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2006 at 07:05
Originally posted by Black Velvet Black Velvet wrote:

Wow thanks for this information! I never even knew this festival existed. If I am over in England by this time, I would definately think about heading over to Germany sometime around then.

There are some really good bands on the line up as well, I would really love to see what Z'EV and PermanentFatalError do live not to mention Faust (alongside the ones you have mentioned). they have really brought together some get bands.

Are you think about going?

I'd love to go, but unfortunately I don't have the time or money available right now. I am hoping to go the Gong family unconvention in Amsterdam in November, which also looks good.

I think this festival is an annual event - there was one last year that I only found out about after it had finished. If you do come to England PM me and we can maybe meet up in London.
'Like so many of you

Apsalar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2006 at 17:06
I hope you don't mind me asking what is this "Gong family unconvention". Coming from Australia I really no idea about these weird and wonderful prog happenings around europe. which is unforunate, but I am always willing to learn.

Also I will keep you posted about my travels to England, I'm hoping things to turn out.

Adam
Syzygy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 07:41
Sean Trane posted the info and link here: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26356&KW=gong+unconvention
I'm not sure what my work situation will be yet, but I should know where things are at at the beginning of September. All being well, I'll be booking my ticket then.
'Like so many of you

Post Reply Post Reply