Topic ClosedAlex Lifeson on Edwin's "Better Days"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alex Lifeson on Edwin's "Better Days"
    Posted: August 20 2006 at 13:08
From Power Widows:

Alex Lifeson on Edwin's "Better Days" - Track Now Online: We previously reported that Edwin's third solo album was to be released on August 15th. The album, now titled Better Days, is now set for Canadian release on October 3rd, 2006. Visit Edwin's homepage to hear "Never Over", with Alex Lifeson on guitar. - Aug. 18, 2006
"Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson is on several tracks, including "Never Over" which should be a single...Edwin and Lifeson go back 10 years. The Rush guitarist invited Edwin to sing on his 1996 solo project, Victor, and that same year played on "Like A Girl" from I Mother Earth's second album, Scenery And Fish. 'He's only done me favors. I don't think I've done him any,' Edwin laughs. 'He was kind enough to let us work at his studio for a week and let us use everything we wanted - his guitars, his amps, whatever we wanted. He was great about it and he also did us the favor of coming in and doing some cameo guitar playing on a few songs. We ran the songs and he played what he felt, so we used his guitar stylings throughout the record.'" - Jam! Showbiz, May 10, 2006

http://www.edwinonline.ca/ecard.html

Bt-Tor View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2006 at 21:43
Could be interesting... Alex and Edwin complemented each other quite well on Lifeson's solo album Victor.
StyLaZyn View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 09:01
Originally posted by Bt-Tor Bt-Tor wrote:

Could be interesting... Alex and Edwin complemented each other quite well on Lifeson's solo album Victor.

Lifeson also played on the first track of I Mother Earth's "Scenery and Fish" album. Edwin was the lead singer of IME at that time.

BTW, I highly recommend IME's first two releases. Not Prog but excellent music with a solid funkish bottom..
Bt-Tor View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 20:48
I agree. I Mother Earth's first two albums are excellent; great musicianship by all, really solid hard-rock albums with progressive tendencies.

Post Reply Post Reply