Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 231232233234235 282>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 21:18
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=9215

somebody tell this guy Ritchie Blackmore is not playing on Come taste the band - how misimformed can a person be??Confused

perhaps if you had spent the time adding the album.. the mistake wouldn't have been made.

i don't understand. Confused what did i do wrong?

volunteers my friend... volunteers... we all f**k up... Wink

indeed; i just couldn't help it when i read the review, hence my reaction.

(the guy was happy Blackmore changed his guitar style on Come taste the band. It's a somewhat funny statement; poor Mr Bolin).
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 21:14

somebody tell this guy Ritchie Blackmore is not playing on Come taste the band - how misimformed can a person be??Confused

perhaps if you had spent the time adding the album.. the mistake wouldn't have been made.

volunteers my friend... volunteers... we all f**k up... Wink
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 21:13

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 20:44

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 16:53

Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 14:27
even worse, his Live Scenes From New York review is also a plagiarized review from proghairfunk.

his Thick As A Brick review is a plagiarized review from bruin69!

his Meddle review is plagiarized from WishborneAsh!!

his Per un Amico review is plagiarized from Prog Leviathan!!!

his Uomo Di Pezza is also plagiarized from a review (I can't see how the original author is)!!!!

his Bacamarte review is plagiarized from Rainer Rain!!!!!

his Crime of the Century is also plagiarized from a review (I can't see who the original author is)!!!!!!

okay, this person has to go. Ban.
darkmatter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 14:08
And he just put up another plagiarized review too....
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 12:43
just like it happened with Godbluff.

either this ringo account is the fella's new account (so it's the same person), either he's awfully messing with the idea of getting banned for repeated plagiarism. Ermm
darkmatter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 12:33
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 12:15
JETHRO TULL — Thick As A Brick
Review by Bjarne

5%20stars This is my all-time best album from my all-time favorite band. I can never get tired of it, it is really a masterpiece. I have heard it so many times, and it is a great pleasure every time, and it is still alive and well after 35 years. GREAT MUSIC !

short!

Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2008 at 17:20
Smile As expected.
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2008 at 17:02
Dealing with them in batches Angelo. The two written reviews are indeed legitimate.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2008 at 16:48
I repeat myself
When in this thread...

There's a new RwR on Ayreon 01011001 - and the (presumably legitimate) written review count is up to two now.
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Chris H View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2008 at 15:58
PINK FLOYD — Dark Side Of The Moon
Review by acheron

5%20stars This is my first album review, and I thought it would be fitting to review the album that is first on my favorite progressive rock list. When I went to the review page I immediately clicked 5 stars, and was a little offended by that pop-up screen telling me to think carefully when choosing a 5 star album. Common, it's Dark Side of the Moon. There have been some fantastic reviews of the album, so I have little to say about it other than if you have a problem with it, listen to it again. And if you still have a problem with it listen to it again. And if you still have a problem with it, listen to it again, ad infinitum, until you do get it, because you will. I listen to music in phases. I get stuck on bands. For a long time it was Led Zeppelin, then Pink Floyd, then Black Sabbath, then Dream Theater etc. etc. However, once I discovered Dark Side, I can truly say that it is the only album that I listen to with regularity for the past 6 years (by regularity I don't mean once a month, I mean 2-5 times a week). It is flawless, it is brilliant, it is, in my opinion, the pinnacle of song writing, scratch that, album writing of all time.

I wanted to see your review, not your life story...
Beauty will save the world.
Seyo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2008 at 08:27
KeleCableII View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeleCableII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 16:07
Haha, sorry if my wording wasn't very clear. Hopefully my edit fixed that.
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 09:00
Originally posted by Ricochet Ricochet wrote:

oh, that's already a felony  Tongue

(for a moment, I read your post as if you were reporting me LOL)

Me too, Ringochet... Big%20smile
Guigo

~~~~~~
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 06:51
oh, that's already a felony  Tongue

(for a moment, I read your post as if you were reporting me LOL)
KeleCableII View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeleCableII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 05:49
This is the same reviewer Ricochet linked to above, but ringo's review of VDGG - Godbluff is identical to a prior review:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=158353
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=84092

Edited by KeleCableII - January 13 2008 at 16:00
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2008 at 16:25
Once again - RwRs on Ayeron 01011001.... Three weeks until release fellas.
ISKC Rock Radio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 231232233234235 282>