Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reviews reporting thread
    Posted: September 08 2006 at 15:01

With immediate effect, this thread replaces the "Inappropriate reviews" . Please use it to report reviews which you feel do not comply with the PA guidelines As a reminder, the guidelines can be seen here: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13152

The following basic rules for this thread will be enforced, to keep the thread running efficiency.

a) Only reviews which you think do not comply with the above mentioned guidelines should be reported.

b) When reporting a review it is preferable to include the link ("Permanent link"). The text may also be included if you think it is necessary to make an observation or a pertinent commentary

c) Once a report is done for a particular review any other reports related to the same review may be deleted unless they contain relevant additional information. Please do not simply post in support of the original report, or indeed to challenge the original report. The admin team will consider each reported review independently and impartially.

d) Issues related to plagiarism, copyrights and other legal questions shall be reported directly to the Admin Team (Easy Livin or Atkingani) by PM. These issues shall NOT be reported here.

e) Issues related to personal taste, misunderstandings, doubtful interpretations, accuracy, etc, of a particular review shall be reported directly to the reviewer by PM. These issues should NOT be reported here. (Once the final changes to the site have been made, all reviewers will have a forum ID).

f) Reports containing sarcastic or disrespectful comments toward the reviewer should not be made. They shall be edited or even deleted.

g) Reviewers whose reviews are reported may use this thread to defend their review. One report, and one response only for each review though please.

h) A new thread for the general discussion of reviews has been created here:

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28344 

We thank you all in advance for helping us to improve the site while ensuring this thread remains a civil place to visit.

(Please do not post initial comments about this thread here. Use the "Reviews discussion" thread.)

Atkingani and Easy Livin

On behalf of the Admin Team

Edited by Easy Livin - September 08 2006 at 15:02
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avestin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 17:22
This guy admits to have not heard the album and tells what he thinks of the tracks according to their names:

"So all in all, this is gonna be worth five stars, all the way."

Ermm

Edited by avestin - September 08 2006 at 17:31
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 17:26
Oh, you found it before me, Assaf... that really took the cake! Unhappy
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tony R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 17:31
I am going to delete it, I added the album yesterday...

GONE!!!

I have also contacted him by Email.

Edited by Tony R - September 08 2006 at 17:51
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 08:38
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=89329

The remark at the end is rather useless in 5 years time.
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 12:11
I'll talk to him... the review is intended to last for years while the P.S. will lose any meaning in 40 days.Wacko
Guigo

~~~~~~
Fitzcarraldo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzcarraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 19:28
Two reviews of the same album by the same person:

LE ORME — Collage

Review by AndreaSalvador

5 stars "Collage" is one of the Italian album better than all the times. It contains immortal songs with immense witnesses and not invading arrangiaments therefore. The production is strained to succeed in to rival with those offering discs, but personally it is a step under. But I prefer it therefore. 5 historical stars!

Posted Friday, October 29, 2004, 13:05 EST

LE ORME — Collage

Review by MANDRAKEROOT (Andrea Salvador)

5 stars FROM TO VENICE (MARGHERA) TO THE HEAD OF PROG WORLD

In 1970 Le Orme went(on board of FIAT 238 van and in the full one of the spirit of Open Hair Festival) to the "Isle Of Wight Festival". For luck, because how it is read in the sleevenotes of "Antologia 1970- 1980" you are discovered where went the world music. You are had had some way to know of the protagonists of the festival and, returned in Italy and rhymed in three (Tagliapietra, Pagliuca and Dei Rossi) had the courage of to invent this masterpiece, or rather Masterpiece. That still today it would do the luck of bilion groups...

Already "Collage" is a big piece, halway between the Cream and the Prog more summon, so like "Era Inverno" that in possess a dramatic office than does not succeed ever to prevail. It is prevailed on "Cemento Armato" that to my warning is a denunciation on the destruction of the nature, supported from a very technical music. "Sguardo Verso Il Cielo" is a large Rock, immediate and yet not easy. To understand it (farewell for all of the album!) they a lot of listening want us and still you will not understand it! "Eclisse Totale", "Morte Di Un Fiore" ed "Immagini" are a lot of Psychedelic even if a lot of Prog. More near how much already produced, are nevertheless a fusion between Psychedelic Rock, Classic Music and very Acid Prog.

Large album, perhaps one of the Italian album most universal like music that ever I listened to.

For always yours, Mandrakeroot.

Posted Wednesday, April 05, 2006, 08:53 EST

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzcarraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 20:03

And again:

VOIVOD — Voivod Lives

Review by AndreaSalvador

4 stars "Voivod Lives" succeeds to being the better manifest in order celebrate the rebirth of the Trash Metal (for me if the cacophony were reformed would be better! Ps: them council to all the lovers of Progressive!) (if we want also the Sodom they are to demostrate them it! Their live of the concerts of Bankok... That slaughter house!) and moreover this LP succeeds to make to dream all we! It contains a such energy that is difficult not to make less than to love it!To me it appeals to because it is not an attempt to ahead carry a kind for someone dead man and buried but because it contains truly innovative music! And the omage to the Venom (inventors with the Motorhead of the Trash, if we want) it is extremely excellent! I conclude saying that the Voivid (therefore as the Speed Symphonic Trash Cacophony) plays classic music (but it does not feel here!) fine to if same (that is they make Progressive!) and for this council these Live LP to all the lovers of true music!

Posted Sunday, January 16, 2005, 14:31 EST

VOIVOD — Voivod Lives

3 stars THIS IS VOIVOD

Ok, for me the Voivod is not a Prog Metal band but alone a best and really innovative Trash band. Said this is a band interests determined the Progsters for the way to treat the songs that become Prog. But for the remainder is not Prog and have astonished to find these three geniuses in www.progarchives.com, even though the Prog is a musical family and not a genre.

Said this is a CD extremely interesting than finds the better moments in "Insect", "Nuclear War", "Planet Hell", "Negatron", "Project X", "Voivod" and in the cover of the Venom "In League With Satan", true explosion og very attractive Trash Prog and gotten angry.

I conclude say that this live is a good purchase that will not disappoint the palates until.

Posted Saturday, April 08, 2006, 10:00 EST

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzcarraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 20:04
And again:

LE ORME — In Concerto

Review by AndreaSalvador

4 stars Creed not to never have listened to Progressive live with loads animal like this. The classic songs are faster that in studio (would otherwise not have been beautiful) and, although too much similar to the ELP, remains an album much Italian. I do not have other words in order to describe live that go listend and enjoyed until in bottom.

Posted Tuesday, November 02, 2004, 13:34 EST

LE ORME — In Concerto

5 stars THE FIRST ITALIAN LIVE LP

This is the first live album of the Italian Prog. It it was recorded between 16 and 17 January 1974 at the Brancaccio Theater in Rome and is one of the more attractive live of the Prog (not only Italian!).

It is left with the unpublished "Truck Of Fire" that after a first very attractive part and Symphonic Hard Rock proposes the second part (recorded in a studio version for a 7" for the Charisma but ever published...) with English lyrics that, however, is too to the ELP!... It is continued with 4 classics. You are a lot more swift than in studio and actual for this a lot more effective putting in light the enormous class of the ours. In this section of the live LP is contained "Preludio A Era Inverno" that is an autonomous song and "Collage (Sigla)" that is the original tape played in Playback.

Important live album not only for the Italian music but for all of the Prog World.

Posted Friday, July 07, 2006, 08:25 EST

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzcarraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 20:06
Evil Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzcarraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 20:07

And again:

LE ORME — Antologia 1970-1980

Review by AndreaSalvador

5 stars Creed that like "Classic Yes" this "Antologia 1970-1980" it can be voted! Not that he is favorable... But this "Best Of..." succeeds more to being than a "Best Of..." and it becomes the definitive album for the 70's! After all, if you do not know Le Orme creed this CD is the better way in order to approach itself they. And you excuse me for the high ballot (than for the "Best Of..." me strange sound!) but sure masterpiece...

Posted Thursday, February 10, 2005, 17:20 EST

LE ORME — Antologia 1970-1980

4 stars THE DEFINITIVE ALBUM OF THE 70's

I consider "Antologia 1970- 1980" the definitive album of Le Orme of the 70's. Does the lofty quality not have some esclusion.

Regretted the best songs? I would say: "sguardo Verso Il Cielo", "Gioco Di Bimba", "Collage", "Storia O Leggenda", "Cemento Armato", "Felona", "Figure Di Cartone", "Una Dolcezza Nuova" and "Era Inverno" what also sending again to the style of Quatermass but more poetic, Symphonic and merry.

And this "Best Of..." is dedicate it to all the most nostalgic Proghead.

Posted Monday, June 19, 2006, 19:03 EST

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzcarraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 20:09
And again:

HAWKWIND — Silver Machine

Review by AndreaSalvador

5 stars "Space Rock"= Hawkwind! And it says the history to it, not one stupid writer of reviews of B sides! But this writer advises this to you compilation, because it is "crazy" and because if you then do not know them you will not be able more to succeed to forget this. "Silver Machine" is a compilation that it will blow up on the seat and that it will not make you to sleep the night. You are or little lovers of the science fiction!

Posted Tuesday, December 07, 2004, 14:25 EST

Review by SYMPHONICAGE

4 stars The space band of the Prog is here with those. This "Best Of..." is in truth an LP to all of the effects, so is large. You listen to "Silver Machine (live)" (Brock/ Calvert), "Who's Gonna Win The War" (Brock) and "Levitation" (Brock) and say me what band are so... Extraterrestrials! And if then you will succeed to understand "Prelude" (Blake), Urban Guerilla (live)" (Brock/ Calvert) or "Nuclear Toy" (Broke" will not be able not to love the Hawkwind. And therefore it understood because them I devote so.

Posted Thursday, August 04, 2005, 17:41 EST

4 stars MUSIC FOR CRAZY MAN

Certainty that to listen to the Hawkwind means to have an open mind...

Their musical proposal... It melt the brain! "Prelude", "Psychosis", "Ghost Dance" or "Nuclear Toy" are true songs? Better "Silver Machine", "Who's Gonna Win The War", "Levitation" or "Motorway City" that play like a crazy, space and Progressive version of the Motorhead...

"Silver Machine" is a very attractive compilation. And sincerely cheerful, crazy but exhaustive!!! (in all of the sense...)

Posted Wednesday, June 07, 2006, 10:03 EST

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzcarraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 20:11
And again:

ANGRA — Holy Live

Review by AndreaSalvador

4 stars Angra is a band of Speed- Symphonic- Epic- Power- Prog- Metal (!) that regarding many other similar ones more is canted in favor of Symphonic- Speed- Progressive and for more (to the age...) with a singer outside from the common one! And this live confirmation all this. Part with "Crossing", little more than a intro when storm 6' 26" of "Nothing To Say", fantastic in the uneven rhytm of the intro part and then developed skillfully, with one great voice. "Z.I.T.O." not me power of attorney the same emotions, but it turns out equally winning. Here "Carolina IV" more Power- Speed in many parts, but at the same time Progressive (big Progressive)! "Unfinished Allegro" is an allegro interval with synthetized orchestra. Therefore here "Carry On" an Epic- Speed- Seeds Progressive that but ago to come the shivers! Andre Matos possesses one voice outside from the common one and according to me the other strong man are Confessori and Loureiro. In order to end... I consider this live truly good, not perfect (it is too much premature), but arrived in the best moment of ours. And therefore worthy to be in the best collections. Those of the conoisseurs.

Posted Sunday, September 26, 2004, 13:42 EST

ANGRA — Holy Live

4 stars HOLY

Certainly premature... Nevertheless to have it of live so! Andre Matos is an extraordinary singers and drags the Angra towards a Prog Metal a lot near the Classic Symphonic Metal showing that Genesis, Raimbow and Yes are able to be mixed to the Maiden and to 80's Speed Metal Bands. Unfortunately here it hears itself that the Angra play with the popularity.

In this Ep hit "Nothing To Say" and the long one "Carolina IV" two masterpiece. in fact they are excited also after 1 million of listening. They have a rhytm Speed Metal but are totally Symphonic Prog! A step under "Unfinished Allegro" (short orchestral intermezzo), "Z.I.T.O." (that it does not convince me), "Carry On" too dry and "Crossing", in playback.

Although it is a premature live, is another CD to possess all of the costs.

Posted Monday, May 15, 2006, 08:14 EST

Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 20:14
Holy God, this is starting to sound as the Energizer Bunny: Keeps going and going and going...Dead

FOR ALWAYS YOURS, MANDRAKEROOT

LOL

Iván

Edited by Ivan_Melgar_M - September 09 2006 at 20:16

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzcarraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 20:17

Only God knows how many more he has done. I can't be bothered to look through any more of the pages Google returns.

Suggestion: Why don't you get M@X to do an SQL query and delete all reviews posted by "oms.salvador", "AndreaSalvador" and all the other pseudonyms that this chap goes by, excepting "MANDRAKEROOT".

M@X can delete the lot in one fell swoop, rather than you Admin chaps deleting them one by one as they're reported. It would save everyone time and effort, and get rid of the distortion to the ratings that all these duplicate/triplicate reviews are having.

Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 20:21
The good thing in the middle of this duplicate reviews is that Andrea is not trying to create a distortion in the ratings, because he doesn't even repeat the ratings in some cases. Confused

Iván

Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 20:22
Originally posted by Fitzcarraldo Fitzcarraldo wrote:

Only God knows how many more he has done. I can't be bothered to look through any more of the pages Google returns.

Suggestion: Why don't you get M@X to do an SQL query and delete all reviews posted by "oms.salvador", "AndreaSalvador" and all the other pseudonyms that this chap goes by, excepting "MANDRAKEROOT".

M@X can delete the lot in one fell swoop, rather than you Admin chaps deleting them one by one as they're reported. It would save everyone time and effort, and get rid of the distortion to the ratings that all these duplicate/triplicate reviews are having.

Fitz,

All reviews signed oms.salvador are now deleted. All other reviews done by our friend, except those linked with Mandrakeroot will be deleted asap too. Smile 

BTW, Mandy is aware about these manoeuvers.

Grande abraço!
Guigo

~~~~~~
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 20:23
Nice job Fitz.Hopefully Bob or Guigo will pick up on this tomorrow.
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 04:08
I was the one who deleted the reviews under the oms.salvador name, and am doing the same with those under AndreaSalvador. Mandy is perfectly aware of that, in fact he was the first to agree - so, no problem at all about that! The only thing is, it will take time, because there is a sort of bug in the DB which only allows few reviews to be deleted at the time - and there are about 8 pages of AndreaSalvador reviews!Cry
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 12:33
I have deleted a few posts from this thread, per the original guidelines for it. Please, no discussion in this thread.

Fitz, I have deleted some of your reports for Andrea/Mandy reviews. As you'll have gathered, these are being dealt with on at  a profile level, i.e. all those not by Mandy are being removed. Thanks for reporting though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 282>