Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 282>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DisgruntledPorcupine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 12:14

But no seriously, that's pretty odd. I'm not so sure he'd use a fake name though. Multiple ratings on PA isn't exactly serious business.

Edited by DisgruntledPorcupine - April 02 2012 at 12:14
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 12:58
Sorry guys - I know this is frustrating and annoying, and we do appreciate the advice and help but nothing has been done or suggested that we haven't already thought of. I found the Central Judiciary Office in Minas Gerais info a few days ago and it is of no help to us.

I could explain all of the reasons why nothing suggested so far is practical or useful but that would be like publishing a Manipulators Charter as the same information could be used to create even more mayhem.

Until M@x addresses this problem we just have to sit by and watch it happen.

Please do not post retaliation reviews and ratings because once we have the right tools they will be deleted too.

What?
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 15:00
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Sorry guys - I know this is frustrating and annoying, and we do appreciate the advice and help but nothing has been done or suggested that we haven't already thought of. I found the Central Judiciary Office in Minas Gerais info a few days ago and it is of no help to us.

I could explain all of the reasons why nothing suggested so far is practical or useful but that would be like publishing a Manipulators Charter as the same information could be used to create even more mayhem.

Please do not post retaliation reviews and ratings because once we have the right tools they will be deleted too.

I have the album and will review it, honestly, it's not terrible, but neither great, i believe between 2 and 3 honest stars.

Tales from Yesterdays is a much better tribute.

So if I review it, will be 100% honest (As always do).

Iván

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 15:02

I will send them a mail from the "Colegio de Abogados de Lima", I have an account there and I speak Portuguese, maybe will work as a help for a colleague institution.

Iván

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 15:27

^ Please do not.

What?
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 15:28
^ Send it anonymous Evil Smile

Well, I'm joking.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Lima96 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lima96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 15:39
Meanwhile... How about setting an anti-robot system like CAPTCHAs or something like that before submitting any rating or review?

The reasons: 

- The attack with multiple accounts seems to have been done using an algorythm or some program, the guy must not have been doing millions and millions of clicks over and over again (or was he? Anyway, this should dissuade the attacker, making him write two words after every click Tongue)

- I rarely make reviews, whether because my english is not that good or because I don't have the time to do so. What I'm trying to say is please, don't forget about us the users who are too lazy (for their own good) to write reviews and don't remove this system Big smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 16:06

^ Please do not.

Don't worry

Iván

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 16:10
Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

^ Please do not.

Don't worry

Iván
Don't worry because you've got it all under control, or don't worry because you are not going to do anything?
What?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 17:11
I'm following your request

Iván

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 18:24
Indeed.

For the record, this probably calls for stricter registration requirements.
clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarke2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 21:09
Isn't it necessary to receive an activation e-mail from prog archives when creating an account here, in order to start rating, regardless of forum activity?
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2012 at 03:35
Read it.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2012 at 03:48
I'd feel better if you went ahead and deleted your post Dean. I am glad we cleared things up, although you had to post that thing, but now we know. If anybody else feels dissatisfied about admin's reasons, then tough luck - send a pm or whatever. We who have read it can at least vouch for your reasons.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2012 at 03:51
Thumbs Up done.
What?
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2012 at 03:52
Thanks mate
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 02:03
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
gen77c View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen77c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 02:06
Dead

Edited by gen77c - April 07 2012 at 04:09
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 02:42
^ Yes, it's frustrating that folks abuse the system, but have some patience if you can, the admin don't like it either. They'll come up with something - or the abuser will eventually get a life and stop.
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
JazzMusicArchives.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 03:10

There is one positive outcome of him rating these VA tribute albums - he is providing us with a list of all the aliases he is using. Once M@X wakes up and gives us the tools for bulk-deleting ratings by deleteing member accounts we will be able to delete all the ratings of all the people who rated those albums.

What?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 282>