Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2013 at 18:57
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

maybe the member doesn't know that all reviews should be submitted in English. It's a great and insightful Smilereview tho' Wink

Maybe cause the site rules are in English. Hmm....

I can understand Spanish, and thought it was a good review too.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2013 at 20:15

Originally posted by RedNightmareKing RedNightmareKing wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=925182

I don't know what language this is, but it sure isn't English.

It's Spanish Smile maybe the member doesn't know that all reviews should be submitted in English. It's a great and insightful Smilereview tho' Wink

I read it translated by either Bing, or Google Translate, and it did make perfect sense and was nearly free from the  idiosyncrasies, typical for online automated translations. 

Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2013 at 20:30
Originally posted by Argonaught Argonaught wrote:

Originally posted by RedNightmareKing RedNightmareKing wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=925182

I don't know what language this is, but it sure isn't English.

It's Spanish Smile maybe the member doesn't know that all reviews should be submitted in English. It's a great and insightful Smilereview tho' Wink

I read it translated by either Bing, or Google Translate, and it did make perfect sense and was nearly free from the  idiosyncrasies, typical for online automated translations. 

haha!! Awesome, Argonaught! I did not dare to google translate as it confuses me even more lolol direct translation sometimes is bad, makes no sense whatsoever Wink I managed to understand what he wrote but only because I am Portuguese, Spanish and a tad Italian thus I guess I am a Mediterranean Mutt Stern Smile 

Edited by Kati - March 06 2013 at 20:33
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2013 at 20:36
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

maybe the member doesn't know that all reviews should be submitted in English. It's a great and insightful Smilereview tho' Wink

Maybe cause the site rules are in English. Hmm....

I can understand Spanish, and thought it was a good review too.

Exactly HolyMoly maybe this new member was not aware of the site rules, as you agree it's a very articulate and well written informed review Big smile
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2013 at 20:38
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

^He did that? What a buffoon.

LOL Buffoon is my new fav word!!!! Big smile
Mr. Mustard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Mustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2013 at 20:51
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=928427

Review is for the wrong BBT album.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2013 at 05:25
nothing wrong here he just loves VDGG and dislike  GG http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=46273
friso View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 02:43
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=941287

This guy 'Tubes' is on the move again. This review is nothing but an attempt to lower the GG rating. Please please please delete this user's account on progarchive.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 11:51
Originally posted by friso friso wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=941287

This guy 'Tubes' is on the move again. This review is nothing but an attempt to lower the GG rating. Please please please delete this user's account on progarchive.

hmm, he's making quite an effort to explain his poor ratings, and there is plenty I agree with him on.  He does seem rather focused on bringing ratings down for overrated albums, but perhaps somebody should tell him they don't have much effect on overall ratings when they come from a non-collaborator or reviewer.  I still don't think it rises to the level where he should be banned.  I have read much worse, much less informative, reviews that we don't consider banning just because they happen to agree with fans of the group.
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 13:06
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 21:20
^ and then some--  I can't wait for the public anti-PA diatribe.

Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2013 at 16:43
So Epignosis is obviously a respected and established reviewer here, but I really don't think this is a valid review:

I don't see how being personally unused to a style of music's sound or aesthetic is enough to give it 1 star.  There is very little objective analysis in the review, and most of it is spent saying how he doesn't like the band's distorted sound.  For bands in the RIO/Avant-Garde category, surely a "distorted" or "weird" sound is not enough to give an album 1 star.  You can hate an album because of that, but you're not actually evaluating the music on the album if you only talk about how "noisy" it is.  From reading it, it seems as if his opion was made up during the first song.  

It's a shame because the band is virtually unknown, so their album rating is at 2.82 stars because of this one rating, while 75% of the ratings are for 4 or 5 stars.  

Edited by Earendil - April 14 2013 at 16:44
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2013 at 16:50
Personally I find nothing wrong with that review.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2013 at 17:49
More fuel to the anti-collab-weighting lobby.

What?
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2013 at 18:17
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

I'm not opposed to the current system.  I think it makes sense and works well overall. 

In this specific situation, the album's rating is significantly lower than if collab reviews were weighted the same as non-collab, and it's unlikely that the album will ever reach the point of "balancing out".  It's unfortunate, but not cause for any type of change based on that alone.  However, I don't feel that the review justifies its rating.

Edited by Earendil - April 14 2013 at 18:37
Eetu Pellonpaa View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eetu Pellonpaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 00:23
^ I don't considered Jean Louis as "virtually unknown" band, on the contradictory. There is in my opinion much following for them, 180351 profile views today in myspace .

Their first album has 48 ratings for 4.52 average score, and the second mentioned here 12 ratings making 2.82, rounding up as three stars. Does this current state at ProgArchives after all worsen their situation in the world?

Very lovely people, though I did not personally dig their music very much. Made them some food at the club I helped to create when they visited Finland on their 2010 tour: www.progarchives.com/video.asp?id=3097
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 00:33
Originally posted by Earendil Earendil wrote:

I'm not opposed to the current system.  I think it makes sense and works well overall. 

In this specific situation, the album's rating is significantly lower than if collab reviews were weighted the same as non-collab, and it's unlikely that the album will ever reach the point of "balancing out".  It's unfortunate, but not cause for any type of change based on that alone.  However, I don't feel that the review justifies its rating.

But hey...It's his honest opinion.

Robert and I have different musical tastes.but he's always honest, I remember when I rated HIS album lower than the resto of the Collaborators, he sent me a kind message saying he respected my opinion even if he didn't shared it.

If he says he doesn't like it, i believe he's giving his 100% honest opinion and he's entitled to it.

Iván

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 14:23
Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

Originally posted by Earendil Earendil wrote:

But hey...It's his honest opinion.

Robert and I have different musical tastes.but he's always honest, I remember when I rated HIS album lower than the resto of the Collaborators, he sent me a kind message saying he respected my opinion even if he didn't shared it.

If he says he doesn't like it, i believe he's giving his 100% honest opinion and he's entitled to it.

Iván

Nice to agree with Ivan for a change.

This is clearly an honest, well written opinion. Also, think about it. If you were reading reviews for this artist, you would see a range of opinions. Looking closely at Robert's tastes after exploring more closely, you would realise this was not his cup of tea. You would also find that others, who might like this type of music, gave it a good rating. You would, therefore, make an opinion on whether to buy based upon this.

Robert's review is a good and honest one. He does not like it. He thinks it is a "noise". Knowing his tastes as I do, and agreeing with them, I would not get this album. Others would disagree, and would buy based upon others opinion.

It is the way the site works, and, by and large, this part of it works well.

Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 17:07
Ok everyone. I understand completely, and I mean no disrespect to the reviewer.
Nauscicaa View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nauscicaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 03:54
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=939194

Completely inappropriate and useless comment about the cooperation between Wilson and Ackerfeld: "Then came Storm Corrosion, a project he made with his possible homosexual lover Mikael Adkerfeldt."
-there's someone in my head

but it's not me-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 282>