Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 217218219220221 282>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2014 at 15:06
I don't see much wrong with it. He does not target anyone individually, and he makes perfectly legitimate points. I don't agree with much of it, but many, probably, would. Tales was slated in much this fashion when it was released.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2014 at 16:10
Did you guys understand that to mean that it was the first time he heard the album?  He says he finally got to it and was disappointed. ...so I take that to mean he's giving the album 1-star after just one listen?  If so, that's pretty weak. 

He also talks very little about why he thinks it sucks, just that it does suck, and that people who like it are guilty of a "joke" and an "insult" which is also crossing into bashing other reviewers.  He says those of us who think it is a masterpiece are "complete stupidity" which to me crosses a line.....these insults should be edited if nothing else.   You're perfectly welcome to your opinion, but don't call me stupid for mine please. 

Edited by Finnforest - February 20 2014 at 17:07

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2014 at 16:27
I'm more concerned about his mention of a prog band "letting out a turd."

That's quite a violent image and not one I ever want to think of again.

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - February 21 2014 at 06:58
Second Life Syndrome View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Life Syndrome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2014 at 17:50
Ssssshhhh, we might get booted to the reviews discussion page next LOL
theprogmind.com
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2014 at 18:23
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

I'm more concerned about his mention of a prog band "letting out a turd."

That's quite a violent image and not one I ever want to think of ever again.

And yet Frank Zappa probably wouldn't have minded singing about it.
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2014 at 19:06
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Did you guys understand that to mean that it was the first time he heard the album?  He says he finally got to it and was disappointed. ...so I take that to mean he's giving the album 1-star after just one listen?  If so, that's pretty weak. 

He also talks very little about why he thinks it sucks, just that it does suck, and that people who like it are guilty of a "joke" and an "insult" which is also crossing into bashing other reviewers.  He says those of us who think it is a masterpiece are "complete stupidity" which to me crosses a line.....these insults should be edited if nothing else.   You're perfectly welcome to your opinion, but don't call me stupid for mine please. 

Yeah I think thats a bit over the top too. He could rephrase his last sentence - that the album would make a really good crabby patty. As a Spongebob fan I would have preferred that to his other preference.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 10:03
I've sent him a mail asking him to rearrange his review and focus on the music at hand instead of bashing other reviewers. 
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
tboyd1802 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tboyd1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 10:18
Thank you all for looking at the review. I appreciate it, regardless of outcome. Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2014 at 16:47
This Kevman reviewer is getting into a lot of reviews recently

I dont mind Kevman's short and sweet attacks but I wish he would be told to lay off what other reviewers are saying and attacking their opinions as thats a breach of conduct I believe.

So all Dream Theater reviewers need to calm down. Okay perhaps we do 

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1135970

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2014 at 00:01
Wow....are we a little thin skinned eh?
I see absolutely nothing wrong with that review Scott. Come on man, it isn't the best of reviews, I'll agree to that, but breaking the guidelines...erm.....
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2014 at 04:08
Thats Ok... thats the way i see it. Its not a major attack but I  just thought reviewers were not allowed to mention other reviewers opinions. its not the first time he has done this either. Anyway, let it go and hopefully other reviews from him will improve.
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2014 at 04:58
those kind of reviews are the perfect example of a subjective point of view of someone who want express his feelings or lack of feelings toward a album. I don't mind those kind of reviews, but it doesn't tell me if i am going to like this album and also if this album is good, And if the title says "Calm down lads"!... it's a sarcasm attack against a group of people and show that this review can't be take seriously...
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

lemonlime View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemonlime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2014 at 18:02
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=701271

I don't have a problem with minor grammatical errors, but this one is downright incomprehensible at times.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2014 at 19:55
Originally posted by AtomicCrimsonRush AtomicCrimsonRush wrote:

I dont mind Kevman's short and sweet attacks but I wish he would be told to lay off what other reviewers are saying and attacking their opinions as thats a breach of conduct I believe.

Scott!!!
To be honest, this review is not conventional terms of what I perceive one should be.    Scott, this review is not worth feeling upset about, considering that he doesn't seem very articulate here, in my view. From what he wrote, one would become clueless after reading this review as to not having any idea how this album possibly could sound and feels like
I don't necessary think he attacked anyone in person perse, however putting myself in his shoes judging by his communicative skills, I would rather just voice my opinion instead of imposing it   

P.S. I like DT a lot, (with and even without Portnoy). Yes the lead singer at times when he sings live you have to cringe because you expect at some point there will come an out of tune sound/singing however he is magic too!
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2014 at 20:13
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Scott!!!
To be honest, this review is not conventional terms of what I perceive one should be.    Scott, this review is not worth feeling upset about, considering that he doesn't seem very articulate here, in my view. From what he wrote, one would become clueless after reading this review as to not having any idea how this album possibly could sound and feels like
I don't necessary think he attacked anyone in person perse, however putting myself in his shoes judging by his communicative skills, I would rather just voice my opinion instead of imposing it   

P.S. I like DT a lot, (with and even without Portnoy). Yes the lead singer at times when he sings live you have to cringe because you expect at some point there will come an out of tune sound/singing however he is magic too!

If it might be any consolation to you, this review will not have any affect whatsoever on DT, it's a tiny drop in the oceans thus insignificant.
I tend to feel more protective over new and "struggling" artists trying to share their music, these people I tend to really feel bad for them when they get a negative review especially if it is none constructive which makes me want to listen to them to see if they really are deserving of 1 or 2 stars and most times this not the case it happens a lot unfortunately. I guess, hope and believe no matter what, in the end good moozik and talent will always prevail.

Edited by Kati - February 24 2014 at 20:13
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2014 at 23:21
Thanks Kati

I have forgotten that review already
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2014 at 23:29
Originally posted by lemonlime lemonlime wrote:

I don't have a problem with minor grammatical errors, but this one is downright incomprehensible at times.
You are not wrong and the errors in the review are prominent such as calling queens song for bottomed girls!
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2014 at 03:00

Originally posted by lemonlime lemonlime wrote:

You are not wrong and the errors in the review are prominent such as calling queens song for bottomed girls!

hehehehe fat bottomed girls and bicycle race are the best poppy tracks lololol especially considering/knowing that google would probably sensor or ban their vids hihihi
proggman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proggman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2014 at 10:11
Why does it say in the review that the album gets 4 1/2 stars, but it shows only 1 star? Confused http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1140164
When he rides, my fears subside.
For darkness turns once more to light.
Through the skies, his white horse flies.
To find a land beyond the night.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2014 at 10:59
^ I've sent him PM.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 217218219220221 282>