Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 282>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2014 at 17:03
This review does not fit with the rating given for that album.
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1140164
The review is enthusiastic, the rating is only one star. Perhaps a mistake or a misunderstanding about how the rating system  works.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2014 at 17:09
I've fixed it. Thanks.
gen77c View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen77c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2014 at 11:50
So all of a sudden,Perfect Beigns is the most popular album, number one album in 2014 and three of the four five star reviews are from members with no other reviews or ratings, one of them even says he's not a prog rock fan... suspiiiiiicious....
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2014 at 12:03
All of ratings are from unique IPs, so unless the artist is asking his buddies to come and rate it, which is possible, there's nothing fishy going on that I can change.

Anyway, it has 15 ratings. As the year goes on albums are going to start to bump it out of the way.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2014 at 12:36
^ Or maybe it's that good Wink
gen77c View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen77c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2014 at 12:38
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

I downloaded it yesterday just in case it really is that good... I'll check it out today
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2014 at 12:43
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

It's good, but not THAT goodWink
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Gallifrey View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gallifrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2014 at 13:43
Originally posted by Andy Webb Andy Webb wrote:

All of ratings are from unique IPs, so unless the artist is asking his buddies to come and rate it, which is possible, there's nothing fishy going on that I can change.

Anyway, it has 15 ratings. As the year goes on albums are going to start to bump it out of the way.

Here's why

https://www.facebook.com/perfectbeingsband/posts/10151963778660382?stream_ref=10

Shouldn't matter though, I heard it and it was pretty meh, so rating will inevitably go down a bit
http://thedarkthird.bandcamp.com/
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2014 at 22:26
Originally posted by gen77c gen77c wrote:

So all of a sudden,Perfect Beigns is the most popular album, number one album in 2014 and three of the four five star reviews are from members with no other reviews or ratings, one of them even says he's not a prog rock fan... suspiiiiiicious....

Hi gen77c
I honestly don't see any harm in band's getting fans or friends to join and to register on a new site, in this case PA in order to write a positive review for the band. Heck I wish more bands would do/ask others to that too! It's hard enough to get people just to click the like button never mind going through the whole thing of registering, password etc, thus kudos for the bands who actually get fans to register and vote lol Also I don't think anyone should judge what a fan (even a friend) writes as their personal opinion on their review, most people who actually go through all this trouble to write a review are sincere and music aficionados, they have made an effort to write a review, described why they liked/enjoyed the album. I honestly think we should neuter people's enthusiasm, the benefit in this is far more reaching really.
All this said, there are bands (very tiny margin) that instead of working on positive ratings, their fans or supporters go as far as to score them high and their current opponents/popular bands on purpose low, ok this is wrong and this I agree it’s spiteful, sneaky and wrong.
Another hug to you
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2014 at 10:11
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1149384

More than a review it's the band's bio written by a former member. I think we may use it to update the band's page. Of course it's not a review.

I'm not very skilled in French but I think I can translate it.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2014 at 10:01
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1141689

Four rows review followd by its googled translation into Italian. I don't know if taking into account the first four lines only the word count makes of it a proper review.

What looks very strange is that it's entitled "anItalian point of view", but the Italian is clearly googled. Why an Italian writer googles his English writing and doesn't notice the rubbish (math translated into  mathematical for example) and the unusual syntax?

Nothing bad in the review itself, anyway, apart the fact that the site rules say that reviews must be written in English.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2014 at 11:08
I've mailed them both LucaSmile

Let's see what happens. Maybe they can edit their reviews, but then again there are those out there who aren't capable of making themselves understandable in the English lingo. Fingers crossed.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Hrvat View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrvat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2014 at 21:26
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1191504

I get this guy doesn't like the album but damn, what's with all those insults? Unnecessarily hateful review
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2014 at 02:09
Originally posted by Hrvat Hrvat wrote:

I get this guy doesn't like the album but damn, what's with all those insults? Unnecessarily hateful review

Insults? Where? Show me! Because I said bull**** (written just like that) when I'm talking about MYSELF?!?!

I understand that you're a fan, having almost only rated Anathema and similar albums but please let me have my own ideas about the album.

I'm not against the policies of the website, so don't report the review cause you didn't like it. Go to discuss the review thread and you can say whatever you want, but don't try to get rid of the review just because you don't agree with me.

Or should I report your review of the album (http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1183814) too? Because there's almost nothing about the music itself on it. See both sides now?

And '
Unnecessarily hateful review' so now PA only wants positive reviews? If that's so I'll be leaving the website alltogether... well, I knew this was coming when I posted the review...

Edited by ProgShine - June 13 2014 at 02:12
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2014 at 02:42
Nothing wrong with that review Diego, don't worry about it. You actually managed to write a 1 star review which was respectful imo.
I have a really hard time seeing where the supposed 'insults' are to be found. There is critique and sure also some personal bias against this type of music, but then again, we can't all be listening to the same stuff. Such a bore....plus I highly suspect a small avalanche of positive reviews for this album in the near future. This is just your opinion and I respect it, as should others - even hardcore fans of the band.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2014 at 03:05
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Nothing wrong with that review Diego, don't worry about it. You actually managed to write a 1 star review which was respectful imo.
I have a really hard time seeing where the supposed 'insults' are to be found. There is critique and sure also some personal bias against this type of music, but then again, we can't all be listening to the same stuff. Such a bore....plus I highly suspect a small avalanche of positive reviews for this album in the near future. This is just your opinion and I respect it, as should others - even hardcore fans of the band.

Thanks David! Really thanks!
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2014 at 05:41
Originally posted by ProgShine ProgShine wrote:

Originally posted by Hrvat Hrvat wrote:

Insults? Where? Show me! Because I said bull**** (written just like that) when I'm talking about MYSELF?!?!

I understand that you're a fan, having almost only rated Anathema and similar albums but please let me have my own ideas about the album.

I'm not against the policies of the website, so don't report the review cause you didn't like it. Go to discuss the review thread and you can say whatever you want, but don't try to get rid of the review just because you don't agree with me.

Or should I report your review of the album (http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1183814) too? Because there's almost nothing about the music itself on it. See both sides now?

And '
Unnecessarily hateful review' so now PA only wants positive reviews? If that's so I'll be leaving the website alltogether... well, I knew this was coming when I posted the review...

I thought it was an excellent review Diego, you were talking about the music and what you personally think of it, without insulting the band, the genre or the fans. Of course when you write a 1 star review you can't help but sound negative, the thing is to stay objective, fair and respectful and I think you did it.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2014 at 06:40
Now there's a man who appreciate's Anathema's downfall Approve
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2014 at 10:07
I was gonna post that review under I Like your Review thread :33
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2014 at 11:00
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

I was gonna post that review under I Like your Review thread :33

So was I, actually. I thought it was an informative critique.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 282>