Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222223224225226 282>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2014 at 23:06
Forgive me for intruding on this utterly fascinating discussion that I really have no interest in (because I don't download illegally and rarely review albums from this century), but as this is a privately owned site, I believe any post or review can be deleted at the owner's discretion without recourse. This aint a democracy, more of an asylum where the inmates are self-admitted.

So, stay on your meds and don't introduce contraband onto the site, or Nurse Ratchet will get you with a cavity search.

Again, sorry for the intrusion, but I just don't understand why certain people want to flout a site rule that protects the site from litigious media types. Music Industry piracy lawsuits do indeed happen, so quit yer bitchin'.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2014 at 23:11
^ There you have it
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2014 at 23:24
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Forgive me for intruding on this utterly fascinating discussion that I really have no interest in (because I don't download illegally and rarely review albums from this century), but as this is a privately owned site, I believe any post or review can be deleted at the owner's discretion without recourse. This aint a democracy, more of an asylum where the inmates are self-admitted.

So, stay on your meds and don't introduce contraband onto the site, or Nurse Ratchet will get you with a cavity search.

Again, sorry for the intrusion, but I just don't understand why certain people want to flout a site rule that protects the site from litigious media types. Music Industry piracy lawsuits do indeed happen, so quit yer bitchin'.

Welcome to Bedlam/Bethlem, The Dark Elf
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2014 at 00:14
Originally posted by Second Life Syndrome Second Life Syndrome wrote:

I love that Dean can be a total jerk while at the same time telling me I'm being one.  Irony.  CLUE: I AM a collab, so to call me names is breaking your own rule.  Good thing his opinion means absolutely nothing to me.  I hope that this conversation is over, as most everyone seems to think that it was about illegal activity, even though it had nothing to do with that.  I'm out.
"The lady doth complain too much,me thinks"

Edited by Dean - July 09 2014 at 07:44
What?
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2014 at 06:09
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Originally posted by Second Life Syndrome Second Life Syndrome wrote:

I love that Dean can be a total jerk while at the same time telling me I'm being one.  Irony.  CLUE: I AM a collab, so to call me names is breaking your own rule.  Good thing his opinion means absolutely nothing to me.  I hope that this conversation is over, as most everyone seems to think that it was about illegal activity, even though it had nothing to do with that.  I'm out.
"The lady doth complain to much,me thinks"

Yep, some of the shrillest indifference I've heard in a long while

javajeff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javajeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2014 at 06:06
I retract my complaint.  I do not agree with a 1 star review just because someone does not like the label or genre.

Edited by javajeff - July 24 2014 at 11:14
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2014 at 06:20
Pretty decent review, he states what he likes and what not from the album, giving some detailed comments about songs. Nothing wrong here.
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2014 at 06:32
According to most sources the official release date for Opeth's Pale Communion is set for 26th August 2014 yet we already have 70 'ratings only' reviews. I guess it's probably futile but they should be deleted.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2014 at 06:34
I really don't miss having to deal with this manipulation nonsense.  LOL
What?
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2014 at 16:02
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

According to most sources the official release date for Opeth's Pale Communion is set for 26th August 2014 yet we already have 70 'ratings only' reviews. I guess it's probably futile but they should be deleted.

And now we also have a review....
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1221351
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2014 at 04:36
Originally posted by javajeff javajeff wrote:

I retract my complaint.  I do not agree with a 1 star review just because someone does not like the label or genre.

javajeff, I got your reply notification via email and in regards to "He states that he does not like this type of music. He clearly is not rating the album but knocking the band for not making his favorite genre of music." I too agree with you, if one does not like the music genre obviously he or she is not qualified nor does he or she have the knowledge/skills necessary to write an in-depth review with insight to that music genre, thus not being able to compare an album with another fitting within that same genre. This to me is quite obvious. I doubt one listens to music they don't enjoy therefore they are not equipped to discuss this matter, never mind reviewing that kind of album, seriously.     

tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2014 at 11:38
Like a vegetarian reviewing a steakhouse , its just not valid ! Head on wall
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2014 at 15:40
Originally posted by aapatsos aapatsos wrote:

Why do we even allow albums added before release?

Still bothers me.

Iván

Antennas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antennas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2014 at 06:28
What's this:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1225195

... a 'review' merely consisting of complaints about not having the cash to actually buy the thing?

???

Edited by Antennas - July 28 2014 at 06:31

Jesus never managed to figure out the theremin either
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2014 at 13:52
Originally posted by Antennas Antennas wrote:

What's this:

... a 'review' merely consisting of complaints about not having the cash to actually buy the thing?

???

A Non-Review! Maybe he didn't where to post his comments...Confused
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 04:45

I have deleted the review plus a good portion of ratings only. What I didn't know, was that I had to to each one individually - meaning finding the members forum ID, then finding the right rating, and then zapping itConfused It takes aaaages doing this sh*t!!Angry Feels like Sisyphos labour to me...
If any of the other admins as well as ex admins could show me an easier way, I'd be much obliged. 
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 04:49
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

And now we also have a review....http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1221351

I have deleted the review plus a good portion of ratings only. What I didn't know, was that I had to to each one individually - meaning finding the members forum ID, then finding the right rating, and then zapping itConfused It takes aaaages doing this sh*t!!Angry Feels like Sisyphos labour to me...
If any of the other admins as well as ex admins could show me an easier way, I'd be much obliged. 

I don't envy you, Dave!

Have you put on your copy of the Rick Wright's solo/studio section of Floyd's `Ummagumma' to soundtrack your woes?!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 04:51
Originally posted by rdtprog rdtprog wrote:

Originally posted by Antennas Antennas wrote:

What's this:

???

A Non-Review! Maybe he didn't where to post his comments...Confused

Deleted and mail sent.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 04:53

What?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 04:53
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

And now we also have a review....http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1221351

I don't envy you, Dave!

Have you put on your copy of the Rick Wright's solo/studio section of Floyd's `Ummagumma' to soundtrack your woes?!

LOL Nahh that possibility has for some reason completely escaped me. I'm listening to some Stormy Six atm - L'Apprendista to be more exactApprove

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222223224225226 282>