Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 223224225226227 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 04:54
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

If any of the other admins as well as ex admins could show me an easier way, I'd be much obliged. 

Ahh Hal. You always make me smile - even when you're telling me truths that I don't want to hear.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 05:08
Evil Smile now you know why I always beatched every time I deleted ratings. 

From what I remember, the easiest way was to open the Admin page in a fresh browser then listing the album reviews by Album ID. From the list of review IDs you could then (I *think*) open separate tabs for each review and then delete them one by one.
What?
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 05:34
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Evil Smile now you know why I always beatched every time I deleted ratings. 

From what I remember, the easiest way was to open the Admin page in a fresh browser then listing the album reviews by Album ID. From the list of review IDs you could then (I *think*) open separate tabs for each review and then delete them one by one.

This is something worth remembering. Thanks Dean. The way I've been going about it this morning has been nothing short of excruciatingly tedious and mind-numbing. My brain feels like jello atm.  
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 06:15
Going back to an earlier suggestion by the groovin' Peruvian Ivan, does anyone know if the database software would allow us to restrict the adding of NEW albums to just collaborators only? i.e. if a collaborator adds an eagerly awaited album before the official release date we get Guldbamsen or equivalent to spank them mercilessly (I don't actually think this is possible and I suspect that to implement such we would have to remove entirely the ability for any non collab to add albums?) Given the high maintenance housekeeping that ratings manipulation entails, I certainly wouldn't wish the tedious task of manually deleting the ratings and/or reviews of hirsute plankton on my worst enemy. If people behave like kids, maybe we should start treating them likewise?
Dean Watson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2014 at 10:16
Find me at:
http://deanwatson.bandcamp.com/
www.soundcloud.com/dean-watson
http://www.cdbaby.com/Search/RGVhbiBXYXRzb24%3d/0
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2014 at 10:45
^ Perhaps he/she have heard most of the albums before joining PA, I see no evil.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2014 at 11:24
^Maybe it's because he/she rated his albums with 1/2 stars Tongue
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2014 at 10:42
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2014 at 10:46
add waeguk to this 3 headed monster^
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2014 at 10:49
and cloudmaster
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2014 at 19:16
Purplefloydish just stung me .... 4000 reviews in two months ....

Edited by Dean Watson - August 16 2014 at 19:18
Find me at:
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2014 at 03:47
Originally posted by Dean Watson Dean Watson wrote:

Purplefloydish just stung me .... 4000 reviews in two months ....

Those are not actual reviews, but only ratings. Maybe he was just giving a quick ratings to some of album he had a memory of listening in the past. I did so when i first joined PA, but stop to do so, i think that a review he's more meaningful for the community that a rating.
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2014 at 07:23
Sorry for that, I meant to say ratings, not reviews.  I still think there's something not right here.
Find me at:
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2014 at 10:06
Originally posted by Dean Watson Dean Watson wrote:

Sorry for that, I meant to say ratings, not reviews.  I still think there's something not right here.

I do it sometimes. I go to my Rate Your Music account, remember that there was a band I didnt rate here and I do it all at once. I also did it when I joined, rate everything that I had on my collection. Just saying.
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2014 at 11:17
Do you also open multiple accounts? I think not. I do not think Mr. Watson is complaining w/o reason. Perhaps there should be a limit to how many albums a person can rate in a day. Probably 4000 is too many. 
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2014 at 04:34
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

Do you also open multiple accounts? I think not. I do not think Mr. Watson is complaining w/o reason. Perhaps there should be a limit to how many albums a person can rate in a day. Probably 4000 is too many. 

I do understand the complainning about it, and if it's true he/she's using multiple accounts one of them should be terminated for sure.

But I don't think there would be many complainings if he didn't rate Mr Watson albums with low ratings. Just saying Smile
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

Stereolab View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stereolab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2014 at 22:42
This otherwise excellent review is for the wrong album:

It's for "H to the He", but listed under "Least We Can Do"

Surprised it's been misfiled for so long, apparently since 2004.
Second Life Syndrome View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Life Syndrome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2014 at 07:49
Hey, guys, what's going on with Iamthemorning's new album?  There have been a dozen new ratings in the last 12 hours, and most of them are 1 star.  The album comes out next week...

Edited by Second Life Syndrome - September 10 2014 at 07:56
theprogmind.com
Second Life Syndrome View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Life Syndrome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2014 at 07:49
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=46256. Sorry, here's the link.
theprogmind.com
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2014 at 18:26
^ Thanks, dealt.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 223224225226227 282>