Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 230231232233234 282>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2014 at 21:53
^ You gotta be kidding me ?? I don't dig purple bras.....
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2014 at 21:59
Oh, Tom, you know what happens on the Archives STAYS on the Archives! Let your freak flag fly!
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2014 at 22:03
^ Oh I do, but I can't reach yours yet
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2014 at 22:13
To de-Freudize the thread: here is some fine Oz Bucket Prog below 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqJdzYY_Fas
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2014 at 23:40
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ You gotta be kidding me ?? I don't dig purple bras.....

Hahahaha, Tom LOL I happen to think that our friend Heston Blumenthal, here above actually looks quite hot wearing his purple  "jättebra"LOL
Hugs Hug
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2014 at 23:58
^ You funny
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2014 at 00:20

^ You funny
Ha! You're funnier LOLBig smileLOLHug
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2014 at 00:24
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

^ You funny

Ha! You're funnier LOLBig smileLOLHug
Impossible.....
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2014 at 00:25

Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

Originally posted by The Bearded Bard The Bearded Bard wrote:

Here you go.

I have sesenat least one album that I have reviewed (a.p.a.t.t - ep. I think that list is not up to date.
?sesenat?

It should have been "seen at least", but I was on a tablet and I have left my glasses at work. It could be a nice name for a band, don't you think?

Edited by octopus-4 - December 13 2014 at 00:26
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2014 at 00:30

Here you go.

I have sesenat least one album that I have reviewed (a.p.a.t.t - ep. I think that list is not up to date.
?sesenat?

It should have been "seen at least", but I was on a tablet and I have left my glasses at work. It could be a nice name for a band, don't you think?
I just look at that typo and I literally crack up laughing - if only you could see me !! sesenat...... Oh Mr Octopus, you make me laugh. I work from my iPod - I am forever editing messages because of stuff-ups...
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2014 at 00:50

Here you go.

?sesenat?

I just look at that typo and I literally crack up laughing - if only you could see me !! sesenat...... Oh Mr Octopus, you make me laugh. I work from my iPod - I am forever editing messages because of stuff-ups...

At least you can see what you write. I was without glasses, too.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2014 at 01:03

Here you go.

?sesenat?

At least you can see what you write. I was without glasses, too.
Oh jeez, I just looked at the word again and laughed......when am I gonna grow up ??
'sesenat'.........
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 03:38
Review in French just popped on the front page:

https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 06:13
^Deleted and mail sent.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2015 at 19:02
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2015 at 19:32
^ but a good intro Welsh lesson nonetheless
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2015 at 19:44
Taken care of.
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 10:29
Guys. Not treally sure what to make of this, but I don't think this is really nice.

This: http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=35522 is a profile from Nick Catonia, he's the main man on Melodic Revolution Records.

And he reviewed one of the albums published by his own label... (a 5 stars review): http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1290271

How we deal with this kind of stuff?
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 10:40
I don't see a problem in the folks who've been involved with X album chiming in to do a review - as long as it's clear who the person is. We've received some ninja reviews before from various band members posing as an old progger who'd just heard the finest piece of prog this side of 1976. 
As a matter of fact, I welcome reviews from people who've been involved with an album/band. Sometimes these can be highly interesting and welcome the average Joe into the very making of the record.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 10:41
Originally posted by ProgShine ProgShine wrote:

Guys. Not treally sure what to make of this, but I don't think this is really nice.

This: http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=35522 is a profile from Nick Catonia, he's the main man on Melodic Revolution Records.

And he reviewed one of the albums published by his own label... (a 5 stars review): http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1290271

How we deal with this kind of stuff?
Ignoring who the reviewer is and his "conflict of interests", the review doesn't have anything wrong itself. It would be more honest if he states that he's the label owner. I don't know how many reviews of this kind have been published without knowing who's behind a nick. It's not nice, you're right, but I don't think it's breaking any of the written rules. It may trigger a new rule, maybe. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 230231232233234 282>