Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 282>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2015 at 23:22
After reading that review, I still have no idea what the album sounds like or what it is about, even if after 7 years he decided to write one. Unhappy

Edited by Kati - March 27 2015 at 23:24
apps79 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote apps79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2015 at 07:50
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

After reading that review, I still have no idea what the album sounds like or what it is about, even if after 7 years he decided to write one. Unhappy
He said it clearly...Searching for his password to login here and write a few words for an album after so many years make this one a masterpieceLOL
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace...

listen to www.justincaseradio.com , the first ever Greek Progressive Rock radio
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2015 at 11:11
Originally posted by apps79 apps79 wrote:

No reason why this guy finds SW's new album so good, but the best thing is he admits he fills the lines so his text can be published!

It's gone now.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2015 at 11:15
Originally posted by LakeGlade12 LakeGlade12 wrote:

Many months ago I noticed that 2 accounts had been used to write (almost) the same review. A few senior people here acknowledged the issue but then another topic was raised and this was forgotten.

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=965209

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=246973

The 5 star rating manipulation still annoys me, I hope someone will delete one of those reviews.  

The newest review has been nuked.

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2015 at 11:16
Originally posted by Rikki Nadir Rikki Nadir wrote:

UK? King Crimson? Asia?...Come on!

If you check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Orford you can figure out why is that wrong.

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1384507

This makes no sense whatsoever or are you sure you've posted a link to the right review? 

- Douglas Adams
apps79 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apps79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2015 at 12:15
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Originally posted by Rikki Nadir Rikki Nadir wrote:

UK? King Crimson? Asia?...Come on!

If you check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Orford you can figure out why is that wrong.

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1384507

This makes no sense whatsoever or are you sure you've posted a link to the right review? 

He posted the right one, because I read it at the time of the post and it had these confusing connections, apparently bogdan (the reviewer) read it also and made the appropriate corrections...case closed.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace...

listen to www.justincaseradio.com , the first ever Greek Progressive Rock radio
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2015 at 14:49
Trolling mood right now :

Call the police I am a very dangerous dude. Got the beginning of an album review spinning in my head that violates every single PA rules.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2015 at 21:28
Hi, many many rating manipulators have come from Italy, and I'm afraid if their ratings would be kicked away when they get suspended. Unhappy
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2015 at 22:18
Funny you mention that, Keishiro....I'm not going to name names, but I've noticed one in particular (known to many reviewers for his own albums and bands on here) who instantly down-votes brand new albums that have barely been out for long at all (and likely hasn't even listened to them) and entire catalogues of artists with 1 star.

By all means they should be confident about their own work, but not ruthlessly putting other musicians down for their own personal hang-ups. It comes across as either hugely arrogant, or putting down the competition to make his own efforts look more appealing.

I think it's a goddamn disgrace.

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - May 12 2015 at 22:46
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2015 at 10:30
I'm trying to understand this review: http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1413288 Confused
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2015 at 10:49
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

I'm trying to understand this review: http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1413288 Confused

"near 5 stars....4,5....because they have done better things...but I loves this one too."

Ummm...I don't think I've ever rated an album 4.5 stars when all I can work up to say from a complimentary standpoint was that the album is "very nice and well elaborated", "very pleasant to listen [to]", and a "pleasant work". Damning with faint praise and then insisting there are better albums is not something I would do while rating an album that highly.

But perhaps it is simply a matter of someone with a limited grasp of the English language, and therefore forgivable up to a point. So I will not bother to look at the other approximately 250 reviews the person has posted, and annoy myself further. 
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 23:00
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Funny you mention that, Keishiro....I'm not going to name names, but I've noticed one in particular (known to many reviewers for his own albums and bands on here) who instantly down-votes brand new albums that have barely been out for long at all (and likely hasn't even listened to them) and entire catalogues of artists with 1 star.

By all means they should be confident about their own work, but not ruthlessly putting other musicians down for their own personal hang-ups. It comes across as either hugely arrogant, or putting down the competition to make his own efforts look more appealing.

I think it's a goddamn disgrace.
Regretfully, Michael, I've researched manipulator(s) again and found he/she/they might have hyped UNREAL CITY's "Il Paese Del Tramonto" mainly via multiple Italian IPs.

Done completely. Ermm
fuxi View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2015 at 03:24
RE: Review #1422100 (FRAGILE by Alard Charlton)

Is this a parody review? It refers to "Geoffrey" Howe (a former UK politician), Geoff Downes, Steve Hillage etc. - none of whom are on the album!
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2015 at 03:32
Originally posted by fuxi fuxi wrote:

Is this a parody review? It refers to "Geoffrey" Howe (a former UK politician), Geoff Downes, Steve Hillage etc. - none of whom are on the album!
That guy was disappeared from the site last year but now he's back. He thinks to be funny. 
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2015 at 14:47
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

Originally posted by fuxi fuxi wrote:

That guy was disappeared from the site last year but now he's back. He thinks to be funny. 
I was about to report it also, not sure to complain or notifye its off/wierdness. Seems he got bad memory for names perhaps.
Mind_Drive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mind_Drive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2015 at 17:23
leprous - the congregation receives a 1 star review..
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1424826
under the motto: i dont like it -> it must be crap

he tries to argue why it deserves that rating but all i hear is "i'm disappointed because i dont like it" -.-
i mean if you don´t like an album but have to admit, that the musicianship is superb, you probably want to give 3 or at least 2 stars imho...

It's just a ride... <3
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2015 at 17:26
Not a great review but not against the rules either, he gives some reasoning for his choice (albeit weak)
Mind_Drive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mind_Drive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2015 at 17:38
ok -.-^^
It's just a ride... <3
JonnyM79 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyM79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2015 at 13:55
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1453548

I'm not a big fan of the Classic Rock Society's band selection (just like this reviewer) so have only ever been to one or two of their gigs even though I live in CRS territory.

However I found the personal comments about them in this review needlessly offensive.  No need to insult somebody just because their taste in prog is different to yours or mine.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2015 at 03:48
I don't see anything wrong with that review. He even admits to being part of that crowd, which gives the impression that he doesn't take himself too seriously.

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 282>