Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 238239240241242 282>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Life Syndrome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2015 at 13:32
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Originally posted by Second Life Syndrome Second Life Syndrome wrote:

And....now you know why no one wants to post reviews here anymore.  I used to post a few per week, but situations like this make me want to delete my account.  I haven't mainly because there are many bands that have appreciated the reviews I wrote for them here.  

Thank you for contacting everyone and speaking on their behalf.
This is becoming something of a broken record eh? Only last time you did so in the review comments. If you don't like it here, then merely leave. No one is forcing you to stay.

I explained in my comment why I stick around PA.  I don't come around much unless I'm asked to or I feel like taking the plunge when I get an email notification.  PA has a reputation---not a good one.  It would be great if some of the mods decided to take that seriously.
theprogmind.com
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2015 at 13:44

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

And....now you know why no one wants to post reviews here anymore.  I used to post a few per week, but situations like this make me want to delete my account.  I haven't mainly because there are many bands that have appreciated the reviews I wrote for them here.  

Thank you for contacting everyone and speaking on their behalf.
This is becoming something of a broken record eh? Only last time you did so in the review comments. If you don't like it here, then merely leave. No one is forcing you to stay.

I explained in my comment why I stick around PA.  I don't come around much unless I'm asked to or I feel like taking the plunge when I get an email notification.  PA has a reputation---not a good one.  It would be great if some of the mods decided to take that seriously.

Alright if you say so. 
Just out of curiosity: what would you have our moderators and admins do? What is the problem? 
As I mentioned earlier on, we almost never moderate or alter reviews unless they are downright offensive or the result of illegal downloading. 
Oh and every music site out there has a bad reputation elsewhere on the internet. Nothing new there. 

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2015 at 13:53
Originally posted by historian9 historian9 wrote:

^And they're gone.

Thank you! And my apologies for the somewhat harsh post. I wasn't specific enough in my previous one trigger any action, and misse the fact that you were gone for two days. Smile
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2015 at 13:55

Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

@LakeGlade12, @historian9: It's blurry indeed, and also a lot of work if someone has to keep track of it. However, it seems that T has no control over what is happening (despite calling out to his 'fans' to stop doing this). I spotted more again today...

Now I couldn't care less about the yearly top-100, but if the admins (who didn't reply to my post above, nor to a PM about this) decided to not look into this we may as well drop the whole rating system? It's kind of silly to see how T's Fragmentropy gets a whole bunch of 5-star reviews, from people who 1) have no other reviews, only ratings and 2) explicitly rate all albums above this one in the 2015 top-100 lower than 5 stars.

Pretty sure that PA had trouble with T the last time around, too.

Is that so? Some of these reviews look like they are written by the same person. I can only hope that he's not doing it himself... Fooling yourself as a recording artist is not a good idea, and from what I heard this afternoon (first listen) it's far from a 5-star album...

ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2015 at 15:12
Personally I found his previous one to be more interesting, as this one got to be a tad too fragmented for me. It does live up to it's title in that context though.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 10:49
Checked some things around Fragmentropy, found 10 suspects. PM with details sent to historian.
ISKC Rock Radio
GKR View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GKR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2015 at 08:35
- From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2015 at 08:41
I'm not sure I understand what's wrongEmbarrassed

Is it that he's rated Thick as a brick with 1 star? I know a couple of people who's done the same y'knowWink 

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
GKR View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GKR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2015 at 08:53
Le Orme and VDGG as well, but you got the drift LOL
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2015 at 09:01
definitely an all or nothing type of guy!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2015 at 09:04
I saw that too, but then again people are allowed to rate albums according to their tastes. It is perfectly ok to think that *insert prog classic* is crap. 

- Douglas Adams
GKR View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GKR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2015 at 09:08
Thumbs Up
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2015 at 09:09
And he is surely real. There is also a thread about Haken started by him
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
GKR View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GKR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2015 at 09:18
Oh, I see. Sorry about that. Moving on, then.
Dougie of Anubis View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dougie of Anubis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2015 at 21:11
I just noticed there are reviews for all of Australian Instrumental guitarist Plini's releases on here and all are getting 2 star ratings from memowakeman which are qualified with this "Now don't pay attention to my rating, because as a reviewer I have my "own rules" which don't allow me to rate releases under 20 minutes with more than 2 stars, unless it is the EP or single of my life."

Isn't that a bit unfair to be tainting the reviews for all of these simply because they are EP's and classified so on Progarchives. I can see this is a very reputable reviewer but this seems unfair to me.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2015 at 16:06
Why can no one rate albums anymore......what's up?
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 15:11
This person ID justaguy

Do you really like Prog music? I never saw someone write so many negative reviews and give 1 star to so many top rated albums like yourself! "If you have nothing good to say, say nothing"
Norbert View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2015 at 08:21
^ The guy can't even write. See his "review" about Magma's brilliant K.A.

Such accounts should be deleted, they just give a bad name to ProgArchives, and do harm to the credibility of this great site.

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2015 at 08:38
Originally posted by Norbert Norbert wrote:

^ The guy can't even write. See his "review" about Magma's brilliant K.A.

Such accounts should be deleted, they just give a bad name to ProgArchives, and do harm to the credibility of this great site.

I looked at his dubious ratings list. I would suggest the reviewer lacks context, perspective and musical knowledge. Just perusing a few 1 or 2 star ratings leads me to believe the gentleman is clueless:

Miles Davis - A Kind of Blue
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
Chicago - The Chicago Transit Authority
Renaissance - Scheherazade and Other Stories
Herbie Hancock - Sextant

From a critical standpoint, I don't think even the most jaded professional critic would have the balls to rate these one or two stars without being laughed off their job at the newspaper or magazine. The musicianship alone warrants a positive rating.

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2015 at 08:49
We often come across these all-or-nothing people. Luckily so they tend to be as forgettable as sausages - y'know the ones that get left behind on the grill. 

PA, on the whole, is rather more like this:

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 238239240241242 282>