Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magnum Vaeltaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2018 at 18:13
^ Yeah, can't say this really surprises me from Poito. In any case, I think the edited reviews are actually a bit of an improvement over the originals, but a cull may still be worthwhile to free up some space on the album pages. Tongue
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2018 at 18:23
Oh man he's just so precious.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
David Luddington View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Luddington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2018 at 01:25
Hi
This review http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1888634 has given an album 2 stars but is nothing to do with the album, it's just a rant about the anti adblocker used by Progarchives. Very unfair to a band
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2018 at 12:46
Some people need to grow up ASAPConfused...
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2018 at 14:44
Originally posted by Magnum Vaeltaja Magnum Vaeltaja wrote:

Review currently sitting on the front page that has no mention of the music itself, but is just a rant about the site's anti-adblocker warnings (presumably after the original review got blocked when trying to post it):

CTRL+A, CTRL+C, CTRL+V people! Wink

Robots aren't so bad after all if they're blocking his pointless rants

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Glubluk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glubluk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 05:38
The Believe "review" mentioned above is unacceptable.

Here's another one: http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1890921

Starting a review with "I have never heard this album," giving it 1 star (because "0" gannot be given) and then ranting about Collins-led Genesis is below any standard (not to mention that there's no Collins on it).
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 05:42
^ The Wind and the Wuthering? rofmao

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 06:52
Originally posted by Glubluk Glubluk wrote:

The Believe "review" mentioned above is unacceptable.

Here's another one: http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1890921

Starting a review with "I have never heard this album," giving it 1 star (because "0" gannot be given) and then ranting about Collins-led Genesis is below any standard (not to mention that there's no Collins on it).
Agree 100%. This juvenile review should be deleted.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 08:49
^ I'm currious. How often are reviews deleted by the admins and what are the criteria? I would vote for removal of any worthless review that begins "I have not listened to this album." Some people have no shame. I hate that album actually but it deserves at least 2 stars and an explanation why it's so uninspiring.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 09:27
Elementary, my  dear Watson. Any review that makes Poito look good should be deleted! LOL
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 10:17
Listening to the album seems like a bare minimum.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 11:03
Done some reviews housecleaning (the rants about adblocking, and the recent one that says that the reviewer hadn't listened to the album) -- sorry for the delay.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Glubluk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glubluk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2018 at 14:27
This is just plain disturbing: http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=305242

I wouldn't even call it a review.

thewickedfall's reviews are generally very 'off'. Strange grammar, strange ideas, a total lack of clarity.
doompaul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doompaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2018 at 15:05
Originally posted by Glubluk Glubluk wrote:

This is just plain disturbing: http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=305242

I wouldn't even call it a review.

thewickedfall's reviews are generally very 'off'. Strange grammar, strange ideas, a total lack of clarity.

I think it was the most interesting thing I read all day. now, was it a review? I don't think so. Not really. But it was fascinating. 
Glubluk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glubluk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2018 at 15:46
"All the people who were high in drugs in the album Undertow are all Racist--KKK. This proves the basis of the group is island based and are also the Number 1 conjure against the mainland individual."

"There is one group member from Seattle area it does not make the rest of the members from the same area, and Paul is not saying much(in reference)."

Some proofreading could indeed make it interesting. As it is, it's gibberish. Would it get accepted if reviews were moderated before publishing? I don't think so.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2018 at 20:44
Ah yes, thewickedfall has a small library of incomprehensible rants. My favorites include a Metallica review where they apparently move to New York.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2018 at 23:52
Thewickedwall is a running joke on PA that once in a while is told again and people laugh. That's about it. Also why his reviews are still there.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2018 at 19:53
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Ah yes, thewickedfall has a small library of incomprehensible rants. My favorites include a Metallica review where they apparently move to New York.

LOL   Ah, marijuana is a wonderful thing.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
fuxi View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 10:39
Seems to me this review sounds puerile and lowers the tone of our website. It does not provide any insight into the album reviewed and the author has not even taken the trouble to correct the most glaring spelling mistakes:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2052491
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 10:52
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

LOL   Ah, marijuana is a wonderful thing.

AngryUnhappyCryLOL

retirement can't come soon enough... 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 282>