Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 10:59
Originally posted by fuxi fuxi wrote:

Seems to me this review sounds puerile and lowers the tone of our website. It does not provide any insight into the album reviewed and the author has not even taken the trouble to correct the most glaring spelling mistakes:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2052491

I'm surprised that he didn't admit that he has sex with it LOL

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 14:14
The saga review by SMSM. If he's not serious then his review doesn't belong here. 

Edited by SteveG - November 04 2018 at 14:20
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 14:31
^ Whether he's serious or not, what a crude way to get the review published.   It should be removed and the member PMd regarding the minimum protocol, not just the minimum word-count.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 14:46
^ yep needs nuking
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 15:03
Disrespectful, at least (also a little mad...but not in a funny way, sadly, I'm always in for a laugh)
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 15:57
Well, he's in long enough to know what a review should look like. But one thing I can say for him: the last 15 words contain less typing errors than Arkadi's review of National Health's self-titled album (which was reported by fuxi on the previous page).

Edited by someone_else - November 04 2018 at 16:25
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 16:28
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

The saga review by SMSM. If he's not serious then his review doesn't belong here. 
Washed out. Thanks.
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2019 at 11:26
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Seems to me this review sounds puerile and lowers the tone of our website. It does not provide any insight into the album reviewed and the author has not even taken the trouble to correct the most glaring spelling mistakes:

I just happened across this review whilst browsing. Whilst I applaud Arkadi's enthusiasm for a great album, it's probably not strictly necessary to refer to people who don't appreciate it as much as "retards" and "bitches".

Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2019 at 11:35
Originally posted by Mascodagama Mascodagama wrote:

Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

I just happened across this review whilst browsing. Whilst I applaud Arkadi's enthusiasm for a great album, it's probably not strictly necessary to refer to people who don't appreciate it as much as "retards" and "bitches".

That is terrible; will deal with it shortly.

...And gone with prejudice.

Edited by Logan - January 25 2019 at 11:38
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2019 at 11:41
good move Thumbs Up

Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2019 at 12:41
Originally posted by Mascodagama Mascodagama wrote:

it's probably not strictly necessary to refer to people who don't appreciate it as much as "retards" and "bitches".

Micky has started reviewing again?

TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2019 at 09:26
http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=69295

These two member review links need to be looked at.  There is definitely something suspicious going on here considering that the reviewers use the same review for several different albums. 

Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2019 at 09:28
yeah, stupid, what a mess!

huge View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2019 at 12:48
Review by FanofProg022 with the review numbers:#2200623, #2200622 and #2200611 all have the same write up though they are for three different albums, two by Alan Parsons and one by Jon Anderson.
Then it is immediately followed by another review for two of the same albums by Andy011 who again duplicates the write up, review numbers: #2200604 and #2200600. Is this permitted? If so, doesn't it rather spoil the purpose of the site?
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2019 at 13:06
Right now there seems to be some fake reviews of both Jon Anderson and Alan Parsons on the front page. It looks like someone is just copying and pasting the same thing for these reviews and changing a few words to fit the reviews. There is possibly some kind of ulterior motive here but I'm not sure. Anyway, I just wanted to point it out. 

It looks like it was just addressed but I want to say that I noticed it also.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2019 at 14:11
That!s just dumb. Some folks.......
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2019 at 17:06
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=69295

These two member review links need to be looked at.  There is definitely something suspicious going on here considering that the reviewers use the same review for several different albums. 

Duplicated entries for manipulate. All kicked out.
Peter Angus View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2019 at 07:59
This web practices censorship. There’re reviews that are removed for some reason. There are bands overrated for some interest, such as Cheeto’s. Dark side of the moon is a masterpiece and not any of those albums that juxtapose ideas and cliches on and on. If don’t want to lose credibility, the reviewers have to be more rigorous and not giving trades away to anyone.
Peter Angus View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2019 at 08:03
Tcat, your reviews are not better than other you criticize. You’re so obvious when you write, when I read a review from you, I skip it quickly. Study music and then you’ll be able to speak.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2019 at 13:22
Could any psychiatrists in the arena tell me why someone would want to join a site, only to get themselves banned immediately?
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 282>