Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 282>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2019 at 15:25
I highly suspect Peter Angus is the same person as FanofProg022 and Andy011. It is the only explanation for his insult against TCat. Some people...

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2019 at 16:43
... and Whitehands ... ... ... aso
I would bet on a poor connection somehow, before asking my couch doctor for more details ...

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2019 at 17:30
Peter Angus: Texas Private Eye

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2019 at 21:07
Quite true some Spanish manipulator(s) did harm to our rating library.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 13:27
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

I highly suspect Peter Angus is the same person as FanofProg022 and Andy011. It is the only explanation for his insult against TCat. Some people...

I've been insulted by the best and Peter Angus (probably stole his name from Henry Cow and thinks he's clever) is not even good at insulting.  Stuff like that just goes in one ear and out the other.  Or in one eye and out the other . . . or something.  Anyway, what was I talking about?

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 17:08
^ No concern needed. Smile But let us say goodbye manipulators.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2019 at 14:03
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

I've been insulted by the best and Peter Angus (probably stole his name from Henry Cow and thinks he's clever) is not even good at insulting.  Stuff like that just goes in one ear and out the other.  Or in one eye and out the other . . . or something.  Anyway, what was I talking about?

just keep reviewing Clannad albums and I'll defend you to the heavens, or whatever the expression is  Tongue
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2019 at 14:18
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

just keep reviewing Clannad albums and I'll defend you to the heavens, or whatever the expression is  Tongue

Ha Ha!  Stay tuned!

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2019 at 06:38
I don't think it's exactly an "abuse", but if one doesn't like prog why wastes his/her time by rating prog artists?
Most of all, if 90%of the ratings is 1-star, do you know anybody purchasing or listening to hundreds of albums he/she doesn't like?

Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2019 at 16:01
^ I had noticed that rater before. He hasn’t visited in quite some years. It’s weird indeed, but also no action required.

Edited by Logan - June 23 2019 at 16:01
Just a fanboy passin' through.
SoundsofSeasons View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoundsofSeasons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2019 at 03:44
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2240421

A lot of pompous t**t amongst some of these 'reviews'.

^ this is how this lovely gentleman/gentlewoman starts' their review, by belittling other peoples' opinions of the album. Not a good look.
1 Chronicles 13:7-9

Then David and all Israel played music before God with all their might, with singing, on harps, on stringed instruments, on tambourines, on cymbals, and with trumpets.

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2019 at 08:01
Hey, Ryan, maybe try not being so itchy - there has to be some kind of tolerance for strong opinions, I can see no harm or wrongdoing on this review to be honest.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2019 at 11:10
I have to disagree with you, Jose. Calling out other reviewers within a review has never been tolerated. Especially when including a vulgar pejorative.

Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

Why was my review deleted?
We are committed to ensuring that all the reviews on the site conform to the guidelines. When you submit a review, you are required to acknowledge that you have read those guidelines, by clicking on a box in the form.

If your review has been deleted, it will be because it did not comply with the guidelines in full. Common reasons for deleting reviews are:

The review just says this album is great you must buy it, or this album is bad, do not buy it, without going into any detail.
The review is not written in English
The review is incoherent, and does not make sense.
The review criticises other reviews or reviewers.
The review is insulting or derogatory towards the artist
The main focus of the review is points which should be discussed in the forum

I see no problem with making points of disagreement with the consensus, but the sort of derogatory needling demonstrated in the referenced review has no place among us civilized pompous tw@ts.

Edited by Tapfret - July 28 2019 at 11:16
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2019 at 11:38
OMG, he never refers anyone by name, just a generic criticism (maybe intending to be funny ?).

I do greatly value our civil habitat around here, but will never align with PC extremism (not saying you are deffending it, btw, quite impossible judging by the panhead you so proudly wear LOL)
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2019 at 11:51
The pan is a designation of certifiable pompousness.

I love the inclusive nature of our review section. But being on guard against PC extremism should not come at the cost of allowing our reviews to devolve into a Yahoo or YouTube comment section.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2019 at 12:11
^ I agree with you man.. that wasn't an album review.. it is rant.   I'd deep 6 it and drop him a nice note.  Next time.. just review the album.. or find another site.. like yahoo or youtube to go on off rants unrelated to the album itself  

Edited by micky - July 28 2019 at 12:12
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2019 at 12:57
There are ways of disagreeing with something that do not involve the use of expletives. I may believe other people's opinion to be nonsense, but I'd never write it in such terms. Leaving that review as it is would legitimate other people to do the same, and - even more important - damage the credibility of the site. PA has already got enough flak for allowing anyone to post reviews without any editing from the site's admins (which definitely does non happen on other websites). And this is nothing to do with political correctness, but simply with being civil - which, in my opinion, is the bare minimum required in human interaction.
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2019 at 13:02
Sorry for the double post, but I just had a look at the reviewer's profile, and found that he posted another review along the same lines - though without profanity. I am not particularly convinced that dedicating the first two paragraphs to decrying other people's opinion is a good idea, but at least he/she refrained from name-calling. I wouldn't be surprised to see other reviews from him/her along the same lines.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2019 at 13:07
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

There are ways of disagreeing with something that do not involve the use of expletives. I may believe other people's opinion to be nonsense, but I'd never write it in such terms. Leaving that review as it is would legitimate other people to do the same, and - even more important - damage the credibility of the site. PA has already got enough flak for allowing anyone to post reviews without any editing from the site's admins (which definitely does non happen on other websites). And this is nothing to do with political correctness, but simply with being civil - which, in my opinion, is the bare minimum required in human interaction.

a good example would be my infamous DT review darling. good god how I skirted the line.. and created the legendary review it was.. after the forum went bat sh*t crazy after I posted it.. remember it went all the way to admins before they saw that while I drove all over the line... I was smart enough to never cross it and also mainly because they were in turn smart enough to see what the real target of my venom in the guise of a review really was. It wasn't DT or even the reviewers I spoofed

Edited by micky - July 28 2019 at 13:09
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
SoundsofSeasons View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoundsofSeasons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2019 at 13:37
I simply saw that the review wasn't a review, it was a commentary that this person didn't like the way other people reviewed the album. I really don't care if it gets removed or not, i was simply doing my part by pointing it out since looking at the rules it seems to violate one of them. The review is in poor taste in my opinion, and if i was running the site i'd remove it, but completely up to the site managers.
1 Chronicles 13:7-9

Then David and all Israel played music before God with all their might, with singing, on harps, on stringed instruments, on tambourines, on cymbals, and with trumpets.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 282>