Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2019 at 14:02
^ oh I'm sure it will be. It is a clear violation and though Keishiro tries to fool us by acting the nice guy but we know that really that man is hard core.. vicious and quite deadly!  My kind of guy and a throw back to the old days of the site and the classic admins that were if anything.. more hardhearted. sadistic and brutal than those gunfighters, bank robbers, and snake oil salesmen they were supposed supposed to moderate haha. 

I'm sure it will be gone soon enough.. god knows the hour there...  he's either probably asleep in bed or passed out with a bottle of sake in front of him.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2019 at 14:41
Is this acceptable ? - I don't think so !

"Until this album is release, I won't have much to say. As Tomas Bodin is no longer in the band, I have little faith that this album will be any real good considering Tomas did a good bit of the writing. I am skeptical. I will buy the album and see what I think, but yet again, I am skeptical. The album cover is probably going to be the best part of this album but I will listen through it a couple of times and give an updated review. I am losing hope but there is a possiblity that they will turn my opinion around. Don't let me down Flower Kings."

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2019 at 16:10
^I noticed that too and clicked the button to report it(which led me to this thread). Why on earth would someone try to rate(let alone review)an album they obviously haven't even heard yet. Ridiculous. This person is either still in grade school or is just overly anxious. Either way it's inappropriate and should be deleted imo.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2019 at 16:49
Quote Until this album is release, I won't have much to say. As Tomas Bodin is no longer in the band, I have little faith that this album will be any real good considering Tomas did a good bit of the writing. I am skeptical. I will buy the album and see what I think, but yet again, I am skeptical. The album cover is probably going to be the best part of this album but I will listen through it a couple of times and give an updated review. I am losing hope but there is a possiblity that they will turn my opinion around. Don't let me down Flower Kings.

It’s definitely not okay and has been deleted.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2019 at 06:17
I'm not sure but I don't think that here on PA you're allowed to post reviews based on just one song.
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2265024
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2019 at 08:04
He's not wrong, but more than half of the review is a rant against rating manipulators. I'd ask him to remove that part from his review and move the rant to the forum where it's more appropriate.

Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2019 at 18:33
This review makes open accusations of plagiarism. It's okay to not like an album, but this has libel written all over it.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2019 at 19:03
^ definitely shows a complete lack of music appreciation skills as well as major review suckdom

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2019 at 19:52
Sorry, had missed a couple of posts here.

Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

I'm not sure but I don't think that here on PA you're allowed to post reviews based on just one song.
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2265024

Another review of that album by someone too eager to wait to get the actual release, and just based on one pre-release song.  It's not okay and shall be deleted.

4 stars Just the song 'Black Flag' has given me faith in this album. This song gave me faith in the new album and in Flower Kings! They seem to be at least getting their touch back! I'm so excited for this new album, Zach Kamins (I hope) will shine on this album as much as Tomas Bodin did in mid 90s and early 2000s. This album might be the next Stardust we Are, or it could be another swing and miss (kinda like The Rainmaker). Either way, I have high Hope's for this album and 'Black Flag' has helped me alot. Ight!
Zoltanxvamos | 4/5 | 

Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

He's not wrong, but more than half of the review is a rant against rating manipulators. I'd ask him to remove that part from his review and move the rant to the forum where it's more appropriate.

4 stars This is an interesting album but is it sufficiently interesting to warrant seven consecutive five star reviews within the space of a few days - never seen that before. So is this album one of the greatest ever released or is this a bit of manipulation of ProgArchives ratings system? I suspect that a few followers of this band have worked out how much weight is given to written album reviews (ten times) and made sure that they all write a 100 word minimum review to get the album to the top of the 2019 prog album chart. I applaud them for their excellent promotion of the album (which I am sure I would have listened to anyway as I enjoyed the debut). What I have seen other reviewers do is the opposite which I find difficult to forgive - rating a decent album as a "poor" one star because they think an album that they enjoy more should be above it. The issue is that if lots of followers do this, the chart will be skewed, which would be a shame. It will be interesting to see what moderation is applied by ProgArchives algorithms in this case. The key will be whether a PA Collaborator/ Reviewer agrees with the five stars - if they do then I suspect that this album will top the 2019 PA album chart. So does it deserve to top the chart?

Modern-Prog Ensemble are a Ukranian prog band. Their debut album Touch The Mystery was released in 2016 and is a worthy debut album. The majority of Night Dreams & Wishes is instrumental. You can tell from the range of instruments being played that this is an ensemble - the band's Bandcamp site lists nearly 20 different performers and almost as many instruments.

The work is described as a "suite" and it certainly has a classical symphonic sound in places. Like most progressive music, there is complexity but, as you listen to the album, the repeated themes draw you in and make the piece immediately accessible. There are some lovely melancholic melodies here interspersed with more up-tempo rock themes. There is certainly fine musicianship and the overall album is an enjoyable listen. In terms of a rating, I would say between 4 and 5 which I shall round down to 4 stars because I didn't hear any truly memorable tracks which I would say have to be a feature of any album rated higher.

CeeJayGee | 4/5 | 

It got a positive comment too about the "MRE brigade".  The comment would have been a better place to discuss that, but I don't wish to edit or delete it now (perhaps another will want to).  Would be nice to PM him, but I don't know that he visits the forum (I don't get any PA email notifications, and I don't know if he would get PM notifications sen to his email).

Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

This review makes open accusations of plagiarism. It's okay to not like an album, but this has libel written all over it.

Another from Zoltan..., I'm deleting his Flower Kings one, but not so sure about this one.  It seems to me he doesn't have English as a first language and he is using plagiarism with a question mark (unsure of the right word) in a non-legalese, looser way.  It's clear to me that he's means unoriginal, copying the sound, and having "libel written all over it" seems rather hyperbolic to me.

1 stars Anglagard?

Sorry but nothing here is original, the song writing is rather ... well... plagiarizing?

Yeah that seems right. This album is such an absolute rip off of all the Anglagard albums (as much as I know this album had one of the members from Anglagard, they could've at least tried something different). This is completely unoriginal, just seems completely recycled and reused to the point where you can't tell one band from another. Only thing is is that the singer is different, and not in a good way. I just... can't understand why the singer can't hold a note. Sorry but this album is bland and very unoriginal. If you have an Anglagard CD, that is good enough, don't waste your money on plagiarism.

1/5

Zoltanxvamos | 1/5 | 

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2019 at 20:25
^His very last line is "don't waste your money on plagiarism."

Plagiarism is a legal accusation. If he wants to leave the rest of his 💩 review that's fine. I'm sure I have written some that rank amongst the rank. But that word should not be allowed in a review, regardless of whether or not he understands the definition. 
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2019 at 21:48
Okay, fair enough.  Certainly in my work I took plagiarism and accusations of such very seriously.  I edited his review a bit, which is perhaps a bit naughty without permission, and now I don't think it's libelous.  Lawsuit averted, hopefully, unless he now tries to sue me.

"Anglagard?

Sorry but nothing here seems original, the song writing is rather ... well... rehashed, heavily imitative, procurative, uninventive, derivative?

Yeah those seem right. This album seems such an absolute rip off of all the Anglagard albums (as much as I know this album had one of the members from Anglagard, they could've at least tried something different). This seems completely unoriginal, just seems completely recycled and reused to the point where you can't tell one band from another. Only thing is is that the singer is different, and not in a good way. I just... can't understand why the singer can't hold a note. Sorry but this album is bland and seems so very unoriginal. If you have an Anglagard CD, that is good enough, I suggest you don't waste your money on such a derivative work.

1/5"

Edited by Logan - October 06 2019 at 21:49
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2019 at 22:08
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Okay, fair enough.  Certainly in my work I took plagiarism and accusations of such very seriously.  I edited his review a bit, which is perhaps a bit naughty without permission, and now I don't think it's libelous.  Lawsuit averted, hopefully, unless he now tries to sue me.

Lol, I think you are safe.
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2019 at 16:59
That all traps on earth review really does suck tbh. He doesn't acknowledge that its 3/4th Anglagard (even more considering the vocalist is seldomly used) nor does he talk about any of the actual songs. I was gonna report it myself, happy to see someone beat me to it.
strachanyug View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strachanyug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2019 at 04:50
this review
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=10829
has borrowed text that I have written elsewhere (or perhaps even on this site)
Not all of the review is copied, the start of the review is not mine but the middle to end section is a straight copy

I dont' particularly mind, but as VianaProghead has done lots of reviews you might want to question whether they are doing this in multiple cases

Thanks
Guy
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2019 at 04:59
^could you please post a link where your review was published beforehand?

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2019 at 14:12
This is probably nothing, but I am a little offput by these reviewers who joined 5 or 6 years ago and only have two reviews to their name giving out 5 star reviews to the new IQ album, potentially alt accounts to get the rating higher? 

http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=42563

The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2019 at 15:05
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

This is probably nothing, but I am a little offput by these reviewers who joined 5 or 6 years ago and only have two reviews to their name giving out 5 star reviews to the new IQ album, potentially alt accounts to get the rating higher? 

http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=42563

I am definitely no fan of the album, but I don't really see anything wrong with that 1st review. But the second one isn't really a review at all but just a series of song ratings followed by the band lineup. Should really be axed.
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2019 at 15:36
^^Thanks for reporting and I agree, second one axed. Nothing bad about the first one (besides the album itself I mean).
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2019 at 17:32
Neither of the reviews were very good, I was just a bit skeptical of the users reviewing them as they both only had two ratings in 5-6 years of being members. Thank you for taking action.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Duddick View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2019 at 15:12
I fail to see how this can be a four star review given the comments? http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2302606
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 282>