Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 254255256257258 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2020 at 09:16
Originally posted by Rivertree Rivertree wrote:

Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

Wobbler has one review, one rating. Album not released till end of October.
I hate this rushy behaviour too Angry but promos are sent out since some days

As is the case here, the review leaves me with all the confidence that the reviewer did listen to the album and has extrapolated a valid opinion of the work. As far as the one rating goes, typically early non-review ratings are removed, but in this case the rater is a trusted special collaborator who we know as a evaluator for multiple sites as well as a DJ. I am certain he has a copy which he has evaluated in the most objective manner possible. The fact that its not a 5 or a 1 star helps.

But thank you for staying vigilant.
Duddick View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2020 at 13:57
Review #2487837
This is this person’s first review and appears to me more concerned with his LSD experience than the music itself. Regardless of one’s views on and experiences of drugs I’m not sure it’s a good thing to base a review of an lp on a chemically induced state. As mentioned, since it’s his first review, maybe a kindly word re future reviews would be appropriate?!?

Edited by Duddick - December 26 2020 at 15:49
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2020 at 14:21
Originally posted by Duddick Duddick wrote:

Review #2487837
This is this person’ first review and appears to me more concerned with his LSD experience than the music itself. Regardless of one’s views on and experiences of drugs I’m not sure it’s a good thing to base a review of an lp on a chemically induced state. As mentioned, since it’s his first review, maybe a kindly word re future reviews would be appropriate?!?

We can politely ask him to not make a Timothy Leary of himself.LOL At least it's a positive review! I agree that he can expand a little more on the musical content of the album...
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2020 at 07:14

Review #2487837
This is this person’s first review and appears to me more concerned with his LSD experience than the music itself. Regardless of one’s views on and experiences of drugs I’m not sure it’s a good thing to base a review of an lp on a chemically induced state. As mentioned, since it’s his first review, maybe a kindly word re future reviews would be appropriate?!?

Deleted review.

Clear promotion of illicit drug use, a review policy violation. Even if you replace the drug references with chocolate chip cookie references, the review has virtually nothing to do with the actual album content.

Thanks for the report.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2021 at 09:24
Not a review but a 1 star rating on a Steve Hackett album being released 2 weeks from now.

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2021 at 10:10
^gone. Thank you.
bartymj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartymj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 14:30

Seems to be a pretty regular thing, plenty of unreleased albums get a handful of reviews. Can sort of understand ratings on Steven Wilson's new album though as a few of the tracks have been released as singles?

Edited by bartymj - January 10 2021 at 14:30
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 14:32
Because a lot of the people who post reviews here receive promo copies of albums for review purposes. I have several 2021 albums not yet released that I am listening to for review, and although the Steven Wilson is not one of those, I know it’s been floating around for review for at least a month or so.

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 15:58
^Indeed true.

However, as has been discussed previously, we expect that those who have received advanced copies and believe they have listened them enough prior to the release date to express a rating-worthy opinion to actually put that opinion into words. All ratings sans review prior to official release date get the axe.  When we catch them, of course.
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 16:20
Oh yeah, definitely. Ratings without reviews prior to release are incredibly suspicious.

I was referring only to reviews, since bartymj made the comment that “plenty of unreleased albums get a handful of reviews.”

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 16:54
Yep, lots of artists send prereleased copies to active reviewers for positive reviews.

And everyone here can notice some manipulators post ratings only or poor reviews without any listen ... that should be caught and toasted away.

Oh anyway, this is a reporting thread, so please move here if we discuss more.

Edited by DamoXt7942 - January 10 2021 at 16:57
bartymj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartymj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 07:02
Noted! (On all fronts)
Duddick View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 16:25
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2493174
Even though the writer may not have English as a first language this 1 star review is mostly gibberish.
If it wasn’t such a low rating it might not matter but to me there is nothing in the review to justify 1 star

Edited by Duddick - January 12 2021 at 16:35
Duddick View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 11:09
This is pure metal, no progressive inclination at all
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 11:26

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2493174
Even though the writer may not have English as a first language this 1 star review is mostly gibberish.
If it wasn’t such a low rating it might not matter but to me there is nothing in the review to justify 1 star

I'll dump it later.

This is pure metal, no progressive inclination at all

What is? And why is it relevant to review reporting?
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 16:44
^ This should be reported in "posting error reporting thread". Tongue
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 12:37
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2496792

I feel like this isn't even a review, it's very dramatic at the very least. The album isn't out, but it has leaked. This review says next to nothing about the album outside of the title, someone who hasn't listened to the album could have written this.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 16:51
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

I feel like this isn't even a review, it's very dramatic at the very least. The album isn't out, but it has leaked. This review says next to nothing about the album outside of the title, someone who hasn't listened to the album could have written this.

I wondered that myself when I read it. There’s no evidence at all that they’ve listened to anything more than what has been officially released prior to the album (which is approximately half the album, but that’s besides the point).

I’m quite dubious as to whether this reviewer has actually listened to the album at all. 🙄

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 23:44
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

even with the album out, such a review is unacceptable.
And here i thought my reviews were bad. LOL

Nuke it! LOL
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2021 at 23:55
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 254255256257258 282>