Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 18:39
Originally posted by Barvisca Barvisca wrote:

It was enough to me to hear from you that it was not a kind of diligently made critic review. This kind of opinion could be  posted in the forum, but when one names his opinion "review", I thinkб  the content  of this opinion should correspond to the title. I don't object  the absence of the "praise" (as you say) in ProgolateCookies's review but I objected the absence of the constructive critics. Merely healthy criticism which is very important to every beginner that helps them to grow. This item is the real goal  of your  prog-rock "fraternity", is not it ?
I am not here to ague...
There is nothing wrong with the review. Reviewers are not obligated to offer constructive criticism (ie free advice). If you want advice don't read reviews.
Originally posted by Barvisca Barvisca wrote:

I wish all the best and if the forum permits, I leave to all one of my favorite pieces... Hope you all enjoy it, but anyway: tastes differBig smile
No we do not permit - this thread is for reporting reviews that break the rules, not for showing us videos you like. If you want to do that, find another thread.

Edited by Dean - March 14 2012 at 18:40
What?
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 16:26
Some of these have to be the same person:

I would say this Jose has no fewer than eight accounts with us (and thus thousands upon thousands of ratings).

clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarke2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 17:33
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

I would say this Jose has no fewer than eight accounts with us (and thus thousands upon thousands of ratings).

His ratings are manipulative rubbish, too. One of the profiles is "five stars to complete discography of  the bands I love, one star to all albums of the bands I dislike". His "latan" profile contains 882 ratings, and 862 of these are five stars!LOL

People don't have a better job to do than just compulsively click on the little stars literally thousands of times?Wacko

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 17:36
Originally posted by clarke2001 clarke2001 wrote:

His ratings are manipulative rubbish, too. One of the profiles is "five stars to complete discography of  the bands I love, one star to all albums of the bands I dislike". His "latan" profile contains 882 ratings, and 862 of these are five stars!LOL

People don't have a better job to do than just compulsively click on the little stars literally thousands of times?Wacko

Shocked What a maroon !!
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 17:40
He doesn't seem to like Pink Floyd but he has "purchased" every single released by them....a masochist...

Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarke2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 17:59
Another multiple personality issue here.Angry

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 18:38

The first is in Spain, the rest are in Brazil - all the Brazilians are the same guy no question. Only problem is I'm getting "Server 500" errors whenever I try deleting the reviews.
What?
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2012 at 15:54
This guy has evidently created five new accounts since yesterday.  Angry

Can his IP be blocked?
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2012 at 10:46
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

The first is in Spain, the rest are in Brazil - all the Brazilians are the same guy no question. Only problem is I'm getting "Server 500" errors whenever I try deleting the reviews.

Same here. :(

And I don't think we can get his IP unless he posts in the forum.

Edited by harmonium.ro - March 21 2012 at 10:50
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2012 at 12:25
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

Same here. :(

And I don't think we can get his IP unless he posts in the forum.
We can get his IP.
What?
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2012 at 01:40
gen77c View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen77c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2012 at 09:56
I hope you guys do something about that brazilian guy soon because others have begun to rate one star to the albums he inflated and if you remove all his accounts the one star ratings will remain and we'll still have the same problem of false ratings...
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2012 at 18:54
Holy Censored

He's made at least five more profiles:

Does this person have a job?  Angry
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2012 at 20:51

Holy Censored

He's made at least five more profiles:

Does this person have a job?  Angry

Probably has worked in a bank opening new accounts and misses his job.Wink

Iván

Edited by Ivan_Melgar_M - March 22 2012 at 20:52

Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2012 at 19:38
Four more accounts:

Not sure why he's varying up the ratings.  Still, why hasn't his IP been blocked?
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2012 at 19:41
because it is dynamic not static
What?
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2012 at 19:42

because it is dynamic not static

You mean this guy goes from place to place, creates new email accounts, then creates new PA accounts, and then has time to dish out all these ratings?
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2012 at 19:58
No, you can set up your computer to change IP address every time you reconnect to the internet
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2012 at 20:06
or your ISP never gives you the same one twice, like AOL for example.
What?
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2012 at 20:54
Yikes.

So this guy is an eternal thorn in our sides?  Unhappy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 282>