Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2013 at 06:04
Originally posted by sukmytoe sukmytoe wrote:

Originally posted by Second Life Syndrome Second Life Syndrome wrote:

Um, this review isn't a review at all.  In fact, he states that it is not.  I mean, I'm no fan of Dream Theater, but this is just immature.

And, while you're at it, this one by the same guy seems kinda inappropriate, too.

Have to agree with you full on.

Those reviews are as lame as it gets. At least listen to the music so you can review it honestly and with integrity. How can anyone even take those reviews seriously, or trust a judgement of one who really has no idea, they just hate Dream Theater... The Can review is 5 star but does not even say why it merits such a high rating. Thank the heavens for decent reviewers here such as 
  1. Mellotron Storm (3577)
  2. Sean Trane (3116)
  3. ZowieZiggy (2917)
  4. Warthur (1945)
  5. Easy Livin (1925)
  6. UMUR (1742)
  7. Gatot (1720)
  8. psarros (1654)
  9. b_olariu (1646)
  10. Conor Fynes (1442)
  11. Bonnek (1360)
  12. Evolver (1335)
  13. SouthSideoftheSky (1301)
  14. snobb (1210)

Duke of Rother View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke of Rother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2013 at 16:45
It's not a review, just an accusation of hype. I consider the comments insulting to my intelligence and completely lacking in constructiveness. 

Second Life Syndrome View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Life Syndrome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2013 at 20:14
Originally posted by Duke of Rother Duke of Rother wrote:

It's not a review, just an accusation of hype. I consider the comments insulting to my intelligence and completely lacking in constructiveness. 

Hmmm...he is rather insulting...
theprogmind.com
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2013 at 23:44
Originally posted by Duke of Rother Duke of Rother wrote:

Says the band in question's fanboy who gave the album in question the maximum rating (only)! Tongue

Edited by Tuzvihar - September 08 2013 at 23:44
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Duke of Rother View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke of Rother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2013 at 16:58
Yes, I'm a fan. Problem with that? Does it negate my point? Do you consider it a review?

seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seventhsojourn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 11:18
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 11:58
Great review! LOL
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 12:49
I find it particularly hilarious that he calls himself UK.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 13:06
Negativity is discussionThumbs Down
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 13:41
Originally posted by twseel twseel wrote:

I find it particularly hilarious that he calls himself UK.

Maybe he meant UKR for Ukraine! Just wondering, Cyril!Big smile
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2013 at 09:39
i want to report this review http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1036697, he seems to invent names and/or missspell them, i don't know if he is serious or just a goofy reviewer with humour, but i like reviews to be more serious and if the naming is on purpose then i am probably not in this reviewers aim of readers.

Im not debating the amount of stars but hes style is wierd

he seems to do the same on a Yes review http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=952118

Edited by aginor - September 17 2013 at 09:43
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2013 at 09:49
I like his reviews - they're not great wit, but they are most knowing and they make me smile.
What?
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2013 at 09:50
It's a Brit thing ChristofferWink 
Read em after you've watched Top Gear or IQ and it'll all come together.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2013 at 09:58
"Fugazi was Marillions second album, coming hot on the heels of Misplaced Childhood ( for those of you travelling backwards in time ) "

C'mon - that's a funny line and 100% accurate.
What?
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2013 at 10:02
Nowhere near as funny as thewickedfall, but yeah that's pretty goodLOL
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2013 at 10:06
I LOVE thewickedfall's reviews.  I actually have them bookmarked for whenever I need a good laugh.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2013 at 01:36
^
Indeed, what a total crack-up.....
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2013 at 06:53
Is it appropriate that reviewer Sean Trane used the exact same review for two albums?
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1044511
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2013 at 07:02
Originally posted by twseel twseel wrote:

Is it appropriate that reviewer Sean Trane used the exact same review for two albums?
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1044511
Absolutely not - they are different albums with different performers. Ian Gillan and Murry Head do not appear on the 1973 album.

Hugues - you're a plonker!  LOL
What?
Dean Watson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2013 at 07:11
I just wanted to mention that my CD from 2012 "Imposing Elements" was sitting all year at #9 ( b/o 2012 ) and recently has moved to about #26 however I have received no reviews, my score of 4.01 has not changed.  I don't mind, just being in the top 100 is a complete honour, but just curous how 'suddenly' it dropped so much? 
Find me at:
http://deanwatson.bandcamp.com/
www.soundcloud.com/dean-watson
http://www.cdbaby.com/Search/RGVhbiBXYXRzb24%3d/0
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 282>