Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 07:35
^ Might be appreciated if we drop the 'reviewer' a PM or an e-mail, to thank him/her for the notification and invite them to the forum.
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 07:44
Yep, the main issue is that those reviewers appearing still in black are from a time where the e-mail registration wasn't required... if he had visited us at least in the past 12 months he had the opportunity to update his account and his name would appear in blue.

Smile
Guigo

~~~~~~
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 07:58
OuchWinkThumbs%20Up
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avestin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 17:51
An attack on one of our members in the disguise of a review - http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=156412

Kotro View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kotro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 17:56
Wow, this afternoon I was only the second person to rate it and first to review it. It now has 7 ratings and 3 reviews. Never realized my reviews could make an album popular... LOL

Serioulsy, though, it appears to be Egyptian Kings all over again...

And I'm not ashamed of giving José Cid 4 stars either. Tongue

EDIT: I stand corrected, we nowhave 8 ratings and 4 reviews. Sort of.

Edited by Kotro - December 23 2007 at 17:59
Bigger on the inside.
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 18:18
Texts erased and ratings left... it's a shame that the forum rules had been disregarded that manner.

If those guys want to do a real "review", respecting other people's opinion I'll leave room for them (not before a warning, indeed).
Guigo

~~~~~~
Prog-Pt View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog-Pt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 18:49
Originally posted by Kotro Kotro wrote:

Wow, this afternoon I was only the second person to rate it and first to review it. It now has 7 ratings and 3 reviews. Never realized my reviews could make an album popular... LOL

Progarchives become a Post-Dictatorship?
What shame... Retro Minds Amen! I thought that you guys were more open minded.

(Atkingani: Relativamente às reviews, soube por via de mensagem. Os meus amigos decidiram votar no álbum. Não sou Salazar para impedir alguém de fazer o que quer que seja. Vim ao fórum, a minha participação reservou-se ao fórum. Não participei na votação do álbum mencionado sequer. Não quero saber das reviews para nada. Enoja-me é as atitudes típicas do derrotismo saloio português.)

André Pousadas
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 18:53
Originally posted by avestin avestin wrote:

An attack on one of our members in the disguise of a review - http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=156412

Such abuse could be avoided if there was an option to comment on a review available.
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 18:55
Originally posted by Prog-Pt Prog-Pt wrote:

Originally posted by Kotro Kotro wrote:

Progarchives become a Post-Dictatorship?
What shame... Retro Minds Amen! I thought that you guys were more open minded.

(Atkingani: Relativamente às reviews, soube por via de mensagem. Os meus amigos decidiram votar no álbum. Não sou Salazar para impedir alguém de fazer o que quer que seja. Vim ao fórum, a minha participação reservou-se ao fórum. Não participei na votação do álbum mencionado sequer. Não quero saber das reviews para nada. Enoja-me é as atitudes típicas do derrotismo saloio português.)

André Pousadas

No one is forbidden to submit reviews whenever the rules are respected. If those guys wish to submit new texts I see no problems.

Ninguém está proibido de fazer resenhas, André, desde que as regras estabelecidas sejam respeitadas. Se os resenhadores quiserem refazer seus textos considerando essa premissa, não vejo problemas.
Guigo

~~~~~~
cynthiasmallet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cynthiasmallet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 19:03
I just went on a mass reviewing spree- i've totally littered the main page . I really don't see the point of copying reviews, if people are trying to get their numbers up so their invited to become reviewers then they really are going about it the wrong way.
Would you like to watch TV, or get between the sheets, or contemplate the silent freeway, would you like something to eat?
Kotro View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kotro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 19:48
Wow, what did I miss? Confused

Edited by Kotro - December 23 2007 at 19:48
Bigger on the inside.
chamberry View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chamberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 21:10
Check this one out:
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=155967

Then read the headline from this one:
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=150990

Yeah....

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 21:15
that's mocking another

Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 21:44
That's correct... reviews are there to let one expresses his/her opinion about the album not to comment about other people's opinion.

There's a specific forum to discuss, in a civil manner, reviews' contents:

If the discussion goes to the reviews these will be edited/deleted once discovered.

Edited by Atkingani - December 23 2007 at 21:45
Guigo

~~~~~~
Chris H View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 21:48
That dudes just been trolling ever since he joined anyways...
Beauty will save the world.
1800iareyay View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1800iareyay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 21:54
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

Originally posted by avestin avestin wrote:

Such abuse could be avoided if there was an option to comment on a review available.

As useful as that could be, you know that would just cause headaches with the admins having to remove the "less constructive" comments.
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 16:10
TRANSATLANTIC — Bridge Across Forever
Review by Ely78 (Elizabeth)

4%20stars Finally I'm returned in PA, without my mother that after a resonant one quarreled with Mandrakeroot decided to let go PA. So I'm free and my opinion is finally totally free. So this Transatlantic Bridge Across Forever in my opinion is a great album but with the influence of my mother... But this isn't the place for comments like this.

Speaking of Transatlantic... ransatlantic is a great supergroup in the vein of ELP like idea, but not like music. Because in this case the music is too much little anchored to Classic Music. Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater) is the new God of drums, Pete Trewavas is a bass player of Marillion and in this case is only the Transatlantic's bass player, Neal Morse is the keyboards of Spock's Beard and Roine Stolt is from The Flower Kings. In every case these 4 musicians are from the bands that for generalistic audience are the Prog today.

The Best Song is the long suite Stranger In Your Soul because very Marillion, very Dream Theater, very Spock's Beard and very The Flower Kings. In one word: extreme Transatlantic. In my opinion Stranger In Your Soul is the only Symphonic song of ridge Across Forever. Also Duel With The Devil present the same ingredients with the addition of sax and cello. But since isn't Symphonic I think that Duel With The Devil is inferior to Stranger In Your Soul.

The worst song is in my opinion Suite Charlotte Pike that doesen't leave the mark. Ok, it is an attractive suite. But to me proper doesn't please.

In Conclusion: great album from a great supergroup. Sure is from 2001. But if Bridge Across Forever was been published in 1972 it could have changed the Prog story.

Well I can understand the nature of the message (unfortunately, I can't understand what Ely specifically means through the message), but it's quite personal for a review.

Edited by Ricochet - December 26 2007 at 16:14
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 19:18
Look at Almuadem's Nimrodel's album page. Apart from a three star review of Kotro (whom I don't suspect of anything) we've got there:

- member  zeus1 (Joined date: 12/23/2007 | Posts: 0| Last visit: 12/23/2007 5:36:26 PM EST) - 5%20stars, only rating (and that's his only rating)

- member robert_bing (Joined date: 12/23/2007 | Posts: 0| Last visit: 12/23/2007 5:10:31 PM EST) - 5%20stars, review (his only one)

- member Mozarttaler (Joined date: 12/25/2007 | Posts: 0| Last visit: 12/26/2007 5:42:18 PM EST) - 5%20stars, review (apart from this one he also posted ratings without reviews for three major albums  - looks like a smoke-screen to me - all four within ten minutes)

- member tellius_pontius (Joined date: 12/26/2007 | Posts: 0| Last visit: 12/26/2007 10:14:29 AM EST) - 5%20stars, review (his only one)

This way the album in question has got now a 4.71 rating and became The Most Popular Album in the last 7 days (featured on the front page). Doesn't it look suspicious? Ermm

Edited by Tuzvihar - December 26 2007 at 19:19
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 19:21
All being dealt with, folks! Smile

Edited by Atkingani - December 26 2007 at 19:22
Guigo

~~~~~~
Cheesecakemouse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheesecakemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 03:06
The last review of the Genesis album Duke , I think its done by a guy called razifa is a bit odd, he writes a favourable sounding review and then gives it 2 stars but there seems to me to be  little or no justification for it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 282>