Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 181>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2016 at 08:40
Originally posted by InstrupsychedeMental InstrupsychedeMental wrote:

I hope to do some reviews but have a question about what one should do when anotherreview, of the same disc, has some bad information. This particular case simply involves stating a track was recorded live when it is a studio track.  This may seem mundane but it is one of those tracks that I will make sure is stashed with my cryogenically frozen head once I shuffle off, If you know what I mean (this track is immaculate, in my opinion).

I actually (just now) checked the reviewer info and I see that they are still active.  Review is
7 years old so I wasn't sure...

I have no idea what review specifically you are referring to (a link to the review would be nice). Plus, I have no idea what track you are referring to (a name of the track and the album it's on would be nice as well).

Originally posted by InstrupsychedeMental InstrupsychedeMental wrote:

There is a "social review comments" option but I am considering a personal correspondence, however those work, to find out if I'm greatly mistaken or to suggest a very minor edit to the review; I assume edits can be done but I'm not certain.
You can send a PM to that person in which you can suggest the correction. You click on the author's username, which will take you to his collaborator page, and click on "Send Private Message (forum)".

Edited by Dayvenkirq - February 04 2016 at 08:52
InstrupsychedeMental View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InstrupsychedeMental Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2016 at 09:19
Thanks for the replies.
I didn't reference the song or disc as I don't want to raise a stink or rock the boat,
as I tried to convey.  I will try a private message but, of course, I have no idea if that
could have a similar, negative effect.

Forgive me.  Only other similar type of forum I've posted out was a sports gambling one
(15-year membership, and this site--much more appropriate--is only my second, as
mentioned).  This other site sometimes gets mud-slinging nonsense going and I'm trying
to avoid the same.  I'm a rookie.

Don't worry...my skin isn't that thin.
Love the site and want to make it even better, if possible.
Reason I love it is because some of the reviews have encouraged me to hear some
previously unknown great music.  If I can do similar reviews that provide other people
with the same then maybe the world will become slightly better because of it.

InstrupsychedeMelodramatic, perhaps.

Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2016 at 09:46
^ No worries.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2016 at 14:16
- And do your research;  the other reviewer may be wrong, or they may know something you don't.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 08:02
I wonder what Atavachron smokes. His latest reviews look like he found somewhere a good amount of strongest grass. Hope he have not shot the sheriff yet. Smile
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 11:32
I think it was brilliant! Also made sense to me coming in the wake of his other Schulze reviews, all of em with a distinct esoteric, and slightly tongue-in-cheek, writing style. Hell my own review of Blackdance is weird, maybe it's just the album itself that leads to madness?

Btw I moved your post to 'reviews discussion' instead. Didn't seem like you were looking for an admin to ban his ass for being momentarily crazy and verbose
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 12:02
^ Thanks for moving my post, even if I'm not a fan of such kinky reviews, I don't need the guy's blood at all. Smile
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 13:01
if David ever smokes ... he might take Supergrass Smile

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 16:51
Thanks for the positivity and support, fellas (and Dave that is a wonderful Blackdance writeup).

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 16:58
I found your reviews outstanding, and wish I could write like you! So many reviews are stale and formulaic, forgetting that music is an art form, and therefore likely to elicit all sorts of different reactions. Kudos to David for thinking (and writing) outside the boxClap.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 17:20
Coming from you that's a real compliment, Raff. 
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 18:09
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

I found your reviews outstanding, and wish I could write like you! So many reviews are stale and formulaic, forgetting that music is an art form, and therefore likely to elicit all sorts of different reactions. Kudos to David for thinking (and writing) outside the boxClap.

Writing out of the box and into the triangle.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 18:13
^ wasn't easy with the highly limited review formatting

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 18:30
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ wasn't easy with the highly limited review formatting

I would think not, a tetrahedron even harder. I hope people don't imitate you, though, as I don't know if it would be good for this to be the shape of things to come.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 19:37
Indeed, a dangerous precedent. 
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 19:40
Clap 

However, I have to admit I had my reservations over his WYWH review when he first showed it to me mainly because it would never go with pasta. 
What?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 20:57
Thank god you said something, I thought I'd quite pissed you off.  I figured Floyd + cooking = Dean but then realized you'd just as likely hate it.

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2016 at 00:20
^ Sorry David, I'm currently on Jury Service so don't get to spend as long online as I normally do so some correspondences have been unfortunately overlooked - apologies.
What?
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2016 at 11:41
Great read, Ata.  You should see the social media comment you got.  LOL

Fish Out of Water remains my favorite Yes solo work.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2016 at 17:42
Thanks Rob.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 181>