Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBeyond Twilight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beyond Twilight
    Posted: October 23 2006 at 00:43
I've heard from a LOT of people that their new album is really great...  album of the year, even.  I haven't heard it myself, or anything else by that band.

Can anyone tell me what it's like, draw comparisons, and soforth? Big smile
OpethGuitarist View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 03:25
its a prog metal epic with a myriad of sounds

epic like in some moments, just plain weird in others
back from the dead, i will begin posting reviews again and musing through the forums
Asphalt View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 09:34
it's a really inspired blend of everything prog metal should be like if you ask me; never stays too much in one place, which many might also consider to be its greatest flaw, it gives you just enough to satisfy your quench for anything: epic riff and chorus, odd time signatures, harsh metal, balladesque feel... it's best if you just listen to it; at worse, you might not like it but you're bound to recognize the top-notch musicianship and composition Thumbs Up
AtLossForWords View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 12:26
Beyond Twilight has a lot of character.  My favorite release is probably their debut with Jorn Lande, but we all know the story behind that.

"Mastodon sucks giant monkey balls."
el böthy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 12:27
Originally posted by Asphalt Asphalt wrote:

it's a really inspired blend of everything prog metal should be like if you ask me; never stays too much in one place, which many might also consider to be its greatest flaw, it gives you just enough to satisfy your quench for anything: epic riff and chorus, odd time signatures, harsh metal, balladesque feel... it's best if you just listen to it; at worse, you might not like it but you're bound to recognize the top-notch musicianship and composition Thumbs Up

True! There are some awesome parts that are done only once or twice maybe, and at first you are a little pissed off that this parts dont come more often, but then you get it...they just deliver enough for you to be hooked...and you want more...more!!! so its really like a great story where you leave the audience wanting more. Its a masterpiece, a great composition with some extremly powerfull chorus and Zierler ( the main composer and captain of the band) delivers some of metal best keys. This band has become a highlight of its genre.

The album of the year if you ask me

"You want me to play what, Robert?"
el böthy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 12:28
Originally posted by AtLossForWords AtLossForWords wrote:

Beyond Twilight has a lot of character.  My favorite release is probably their debut with Jorn Lande, but we all know the story behind that.

...what story?Confused
pitty Lande is not in For the love... he is easily one of my favorite metal singers, but Jansson is a great replacement and delivers with excellence.
"You want me to play what, Robert?"
 Post Reply Post Reply