Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPeacock on Bruford DVD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peacock on Bruford DVD
    Posted: October 23 2006 at 16:36
I would like to discuss Annette Peacock's performance on the new Bruford "Rock Goes To College" DVD. I just got it the other day and I love most of it. Unfortunately I'm having a little trouble enjoying Annette Peacock. I was not wowed by her contribution on the record, but I didn't mind it either. However, on the DVD, well... her stage presence is very lackluster (IMO) and her pitch is off to the point of being painful. Do folks agree with me? Is there anyone who thinks her performance is marvelous? I don't know any of her other work. Is this type of performance typical for her?    
Mr Krinkle View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 16:46
I love his voice on the album (Feels good to me), but didn't like her singing in that concert. I think she "overacts" for my taste.

The same with Peter Hamill, by the way. I'm a big fan of Van Der Graaf Generator, but I prefer his studio recordings, rather than the live versions.(I know, that's quite unusual for a VDGG fan)
Maybe I've listened so much their albums, that I can't get used to his singing live.
"...I like the way the music goes...there's a few good guys who can play it right..."
 Post Reply Post Reply