Topic ClosedOne Day a New Horizon - Protos - New Rele

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: One Day a New Horizon - Protos - New Rele
    Posted: November 11 2006 at 06:33
Hi,

Just a quick announcement that the 1982 prog rock album One Day a New Horizon has been re-released by New Horizons Music Ltd and is now available.

It is available from www.newhorizonsmusic.co.uk over here (UK/EU)
It is available from www.cdbaby.com/cd/protos1 (in the US)
It is available from www.marquee.co.jp (click World Disques) in Japan.

Interesting story behind this one.

I released a solo album from my web-site a few months ago (Passing Decades).  This immediately triggered renewed interest in One Day a New Horizon.  A Japanese buyer contacted Marquee Inc. and they asked for a distribution deal.   Former Protos band members Rory Ridley-Duff (that's me), Stephen Anscombe, Nigel Rippon and Iain Carnegie quickly got together to form a music publishing company.  We're now organising distribution worldwide.

Why the interest?

In 1991, Marquee Magazine reviewed Protos's One Day a New Horizon and told their readers to "remember Protos as the top prog rock act since England".  In short, they felt it was the best prog rock release to come to their attention for 14 years!   We had no idea, are delighted, and busily making both this and other albums available on CD.  The next release will be in January when a live album called Into the Mouth of the Tiger will be released.

Hope there are people on here who will be pleased by this news.  Please spread the word.

Best wishes
Rory and Steve
(Protos Founders)

Edited by protos - November 11 2006 at 06:47
"Remember Protos as the best progressive rock act since England (Garden Shed, 1977)" (Marquee Magazine, November 1991)
 Post Reply Post Reply