FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Amber Light discussion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Amber Light discussion
    Posted: November 16 2006 at 08:02
    I like them.I like them even more than RADIOHEAD and other bands they are compared with.Beautiful Post-Rock mixed with Space Rock with noticable influences from the older bands ("Gangsters" is probably inspired by VDGG/KC manner, while "Stranger and Strangers" is more Kraut/Psychedelic-like)."Curved sphere", my favourite epic of them, has some beautiful parts with Hackettesque guitar."Hide Inside", my favourite song of them, is perfect choise for radio and TV broadcasting.Another favourite one, melancholic "The Drowning Man in my Pool", is one of the best examples of Post-Rock SONG.Awesome!!!

Still wonder why the hell they are Prog-Related...This is one of the best MODERN PROG bands ever!!!
Revan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 16:51
I agree, i've been liking them since 'godbye to dusk...' came out. They used to be in art rock i think, they should return there.

Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 22:55
I gave their record a 4.5 out of 5 in my review of "A farewell to dusk,goodbye to dawn".I'm 45 years old and i mention that because my 22 year old daughter cannot stop listening to them,she's hooked big time.I agree there are some post-rock similarities and RADIOHEAD too comes to mind.They are great at creating both atmosphere and beauty.An amazing band!
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
 Post Reply Post Reply