Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closednewbie here & name that song/band?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: newbie here & name that song/band?
    Posted: December 09 2006 at 14:18
Hi all,

I just stumbled on this forum as I am on a quest to find an answer to a musical mystery....

I am not a major prog rock fan myself, so perhaps this is not quite the right forum for me, but I was hoping that the collective knowledge on this forum is able to solve this mystery....

To tell a bit more about me - I am more at home in the hardrock/metal genre, though not so much the new stuff out there - I favour the classics (and I am sure I am going to forget a lot of great bands here while typing) such as Rainbow, Sabbath, early Scorps, and Thin Lizzy.....

and this last band brings me to my question....a fellow Lizzy anorak taped a song from the radio a long long time ago (he thinks it was probably in the late 1960's or early 1970's) and is trying to identify the song...

I have listened to a snippet of the recording, but don't know who it is either....I find this fragment quite catchy, so I am now really interested in finding out who this is too!

I have reposted the snippet here http://members.lycos.nl/frankk/jt/

Based on the lyrics it could be titled "Free Ride", but it is not the Edgar Winter track (which seems to have been covered an awful lot!), and Google&such haven't brought any new info to light, so I am trying other avenues now, like this forum.

If anyone has any clue who this band is, please let me know!

Thanks,
Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply