Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA hello, and a question.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: A hello, and a question.
    Posted: December 10 2006 at 19:10
So in attempting to answer the question I'll address later I stumbled onto this site, and I figured it was worth joining, as it seems to be a sort of Metalstorm for prog rock, which is always useful.

If anyone actually needs the references, I listen to more prog metal than prog rock (e.g. Queensryche, Fates Warning, Dream Theater, Watchtower, Riverside, Vanden Plas, Symphony X, Opeth etc.) but I have a fondness for Rush, Pink Floyd, IQ, Shadow Gallery, Spock's Beard, Yes, Marillion and their ilk as well. I also listen to a lot of metal in general, and dabble in classical, jazz, punk, mainstream rock and ethnic stuff (in particular Arabic music).

As for the aforementioned question, I was listening to Threshold's Critical Energy recently and for the life of me I cannot figure out what the classical piece they use to open Phenomenon is, and it's driving me crazy. If anyone could be so kind as to fill me in on what it is I'd be most grateful.
They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art.
 Post Reply Post Reply