Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDayglo Pirates - Jethro Tull Tribute Band

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Dieselhead View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dayglo Pirates - Jethro Tull Tribute Band
    Posted: December 18 2006 at 17:24
    I recently received a mail shot from the Dayglo Pirates who do a very good job playing the music of Jethro Tull. Four of us drove down to the Portland Pub in Hove, Brighton, UK on Saturday night and witnessed their comeback gig.
I'd seen this band several times over the last few years but due to one of the band members having an operation they had not performed in a while.
Front man Paul Forrest did not disappoint and, as the band launched into their set, he sprang out from the wings of the RockBar looking exactly like Ian Anderson did in his prime.
I can't remember the exact order in which the numbers played but all the fav's were there. Standing on one leg, Paul with his flute, and the band played Songs from the Wood, Hunting Girl, Aqalung, Mother Goose (the keyboard player produced a stuffed Goose!), Thick as a Brick and more.
My brother (who plays bass in an AC/DC band) tells me the Drummer was particularly good but they all looked and sounded good to me. The new man on keyboards did an admirable job whilst the Bass man and guitarist were great.
It was good to see this band perform again and we are going to try and make the next gig in our area at Lewes in March.
I'll post the bands website (if html is allowed here)
http://www.Dayglopirates.co.uk

Edited by Dieselhead - December 30 2006 at 17:54
Dieselhead
 Post Reply Post Reply