Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedkaveret and no names

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: kaveret and no names
    Posted: January 05 2007 at 12:37
I was kinda disappointed to see that the Israeli band Kaveret(beehive) is no where to be seen on this site.
It's probably the most successful prog band inside Israel, and a great band in general.

Also I would like to reccomend another Israeli band called "Ktsat Aheret" and translated to "No Names"(though the direct translation is "A Little Different"), They got one album from the 70's and splited, and it's considered to be one of the best prog album came out from Israel.
progismylife View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 18:00
Could you explain what they sound like?
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 18:06
Originally posted by Orez17 Orez17 wrote:

I was kinda disappointed to see that the Israeli band Kaveret(beehive) is no where to be seen on this site.It's probably the most successful prog band inside Israel, and a great band in general.Also I would like to reccomend another Israeli band called "Ktsat Aheret" and translated to "No Names"(though the direct translation is "A Little Different"), They got one album from the 70's and splited, and it's considered to be one of the best prog album came out from Israel.

Kaveret? Ktsat Acheret? Prog?
Ktsat Acheret is in the band admission list as a Prog-realted proposition and that is as far as I would go.

As for Kaveret, I don't understand why you are disappointed. I would be wuite surprised to see them here. They are proggish (in some songs) and would deserve prog-related but not more.

Besides there are two other Israeli bands that should be here - Musica Ficta and Teliof (and another one, but let's leave it at that). I am lobbying their inclusion in Art-Rock.

Orez17 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 11:32
What?!

Kaveret and Ktsat Acheret are definitely more than just Prog-Relted.

you may argue about kaveret because most of their songs are heavily Beatles influenced, but No Names can easily go under Psychedelic or Art Rock, to call that Prog-Related will simply be NOT TRUE, listen to their album a couple more time, Shem-Tov Levy's flute is heavily Peter Gabriel influenced and Shlomo Gronich's keyboard work is takes a lot from Gentle Giant and Genesis.

And how did we got to talk about Teliof and Musica Ficta?

Edited by Orez17 - January 06 2007 at 11:34
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 12:28
Originally posted by Orez17 Orez17 wrote:

What?!Kaveret and Ktsat Acheret are definitely more than just Prog-Relted.you may argue about kaveret because most of their songs are heavily Beatles influenced, but No Names can easily go under Psychedelic or Art Rock, to call that Prog-Related will simply be NOT TRUE, listen to their album a couple more time, Shem-Tov Levy's flute is heavily Peter Gabriel influenced and Shlomo Gronich's keyboard work is takes a lot from Gentle Giant and Genesis.And how did we got to talk about Teliof and Musica Ficta?<span style="height: 10px; font-family: arial; font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 153);" dir="ltr" id="spnTrans1"></span>

Well, sorry but we differ in opinions. I don't see how קצת אחרת is prog nor כוורת.
I don't hear those influences.

And those other bands are much more obvious prog and should be in here and since you've mentioned Israeli bands, than those two (there is one more actually) should be in.

Anyway, PM the appropriate genre team and propose this. Otherwise it will never get passed this thread and a proposal. You should also send them samples to convince them.

Post Reply Post Reply