Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedInappropriate reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 141>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2005 at 17:40
The spam-master strikes again...

GENESIS - Archive - Volume 2: 1976-1992
Review by Armando Riveira @ 5:39:20 PM EST, 2/14/2005
—   BILL BRUFORD was a incredible plus for genesis in 1976 .Apparently he was using the same drum kit from the 1974 king-crimson tour . Musicians like Tony and BILL are very rare. Just listen to the mechnical aspects of the music and ask yourself if BILL BRUFORD should have stayed much longer ..............the answer is YES. We want more music.
M@X View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2005 at 18:09
deleted
Prog On !
Wilson View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2005 at 18:22
This one looks like a good candidate for removal...

PINK FLOYD - Dark Side of the Moon
Review by dave @ 11:13:40 AM EST, 2/15/2005
5 stars  —   just buy this if you have the cash.but most of you have this anyway so well whatever nevermind.and yeah .i am listening to smells like teen spirit.the radio hits were time, money .played incessantly on the radio people tell me but i got this album 24 years after it was released(i was 10 years old).THOSE TEENAGERS WHO HAVEN'T LISTENED TO IT PLEASE THROW THAT BRITNEY ALBUM AWAY AND GET THIS. PS-THOSE PEOPLE WHO SAY THIS IS BAD JUST WANT TO GET POPULAR. PPS-LOAD UP ON GUNS BRING YOUR FRIENDS IT'S FUN TO LOSE TO PRETEND..........

Wilson View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 15:58
It's about time he started reviewing some Bruford albums. Many more to come, I'm sure...

BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS - Random Acts of Happiness
Review by Dale Corona @ 3:29:28 PM EST, 2/16/2005
5 stars  —   ATTENTION- I HAVE 3 HEROS,,,EVEL KNIEVEL, TONY BANKS AND BILL BRUFORD .THIS ALBUM IS GREAT BUT WHATS MORE IMPORTANT, IS I THINK THAT BILL SHOULD BE WORKING IN OTHER QUARTERS WITH TONY BANKS DRUMMING WITHIN A ORCHESTRAL- PROJECT OR EVEN PLAYING WITH GENESIS AGAIN IF AND WHEN THEY MAKE A COMEBACK.......THINK ABOUT IT IN A SUPERTECHNICAL CONTEXT. IT CAN BE A PLUS.
tuxon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 16:09

Shouldn't we ignore this, If it's attention he's after, why give him that satisfaction?

maybe just a pm to the site moderators (Maani, Max) that the evil one has struck again and leave it at that. Some day he will get bored with it.

I'm always almost unlucky _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Id5ZcnjXSZaSMFMC Id5LM2q2jfqz3YxT
Bryan View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2005 at 17:56

I don't think it's the same guy, but here's another obnoxious caps lock reviewer.

RHAPSODY Legendary Tales progressive rock album and reviews RHAPSODY - Legendary Tales
Review by Miles Eadie @ 5:33:26 PM EST, 2/20/2005

0 stars  —   I JUST WANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THIS IS DEFINATLY THE KORNIEST BAND OF ALL TIME! IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THESE HOMOES OR HAVE RATED A GOOD REVIEW ON ONE OF THEIR CD'S, YOU ARE A TOTAL FAG AND I HATE YOU! I ACCIDENTALLY DOWNLOADED ONE OF THEIR MUSIC VIDEOS, AND I ALMOST PISSED MY PANTS! IT WAS PROBOBLY THE FUNNIEST/GAYEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN! I BET THAT EACH BAND MEMBERS SUCKS EACH OTHERS' PENISES! WELL, I JUST WANTED TO TELL EVERYBODY HOW HOMOSEXUAL THIS BAND IS! P.S. IF YOU EVER MEET A RHAPSODY FAN, EITHER PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE, OR SLICE THEM!!!!!!!!
Jim Garten View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin & Razor Guru

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2005 at 03:23
Well, that one can be deleted as soon as you like, then

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
Reed Lover View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2005 at 14:35
Originally posted by Useful_Idiot Useful_Idiot wrote:

I don't think it's the same guy, but here's another obnoxious caps lock reviewer.

RHAPSODY Legendary Tales progressive rock album and reviews RHAPSODY - Legendary Tales
Review by Miles Eadie @ 5:33:26 PM EST, 2/20/2005

0 stars  —   I JUST WANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THIS IS DEFINATLY THE KORNIEST BAND OF ALL TIME! IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THESE HOMOES OR HAVE RATED A GOOD REVIEW ON ONE OF THEIR CD'S, YOU ARE A TOTAL FAG AND I HATE YOU! I ACCIDENTALLY DOWNLOADED ONE OF THEIR MUSIC VIDEOS, AND I ALMOST PISSED MY PANTS! IT WAS PROBOBLY THE FUNNIEST/GAYEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN! I BET THAT EACH BAND MEMBERS SUCKS EACH OTHERS' PENISES! WELL, I JUST WANTED TO TELL EVERYBODY HOW HOMOSEXUAL THIS BAND IS! P.S. IF YOU EVER MEET A RHAPSODY FAN, EITHER PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE, OR SLICE THEM!!!!!!!!

Wacko

L.V.X. View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 14:06
Quote YES - Drama
Review by Jan Bril @ 11:35:27 PM EST, 2005-02-22

—   This Album is Crap! For each and everyone who ever loved the music of YES (and especially The Yes Album - Fragile - Close to the Edge - Tales - Relayer - Going for the One) this is not worth to listen to. I bought the album in 1980 without even listening to it in the record shop, and boy oh boy was I disappointed after putting it on my turntable! Actually after only 2 tries I dismissed it and never listened to it again. I also have to say that the albums following this crap (Big Generator, 90something) are to my humble opinion CRAP as well. Recently I bought the DVD Symphonic Live and that shows how good YES was, is and can be. Just forget this desastrous period.

This review is crap!
tuxon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 14:19

Originally posted by L.V.X. L.V.X. wrote:

Quote YES - Drama
Review by Jan Bril @ 11:35:27 PM EST, 2005-02-22

—   This Album is Crap! For each and everyone who ever loved the music of YES (and especially The Yes Album - Fragile - Close to the Edge - Tales - Relayer - Going for the One) this is not worth to listen to. I bought the album in 1980 without even listening to it in the record shop, and boy oh boy was I disappointed after putting it on my turntable! Actually after only 2 tries I dismissed it and never listened to it again. I also have to say that the albums following this crap (Big Generator, 90something) are to my humble opinion CRAP as well. Recently I bought the DVD Symphonic Live and that shows how good YES was, is and can be. Just forget this desastrous period.

This review is crap!

No it's not.

Every time someone writes negatively about an album, doesn't make the review bad, maybe the album is bad, and the reviewer wants to warn others about the quality of the album.

Personally I have to agree, after Tormato Yes only occasionaly released some good material, Drama, is as the title suggests a dramaticly poor album. with the exception of one or maybe even two songs that are worth listening to (listening, not paying for it, it would be criminal to sell this kind of crap).

I'm always almost unlucky _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Id5ZcnjXSZaSMFMC Id5LM2q2jfqz3YxT
L.V.X. View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 04:42
I have to agree with the next reviewer:
Quote YES - Drama
Review by Prosciutto @ 1:23:27 AM EST, 2005-02-23

—   First of all, I have to say that it's amazing how some people give 5 stars and call masterpiece or, on the other hand, give 0 stars and call crap to some records. I think some people should be a little more objective with the albums that they choose to review, it doesn't matter either their hate certain record or it's their favourite, they should highlight its strong points and weak points... For example, the previous review by Jan Bril, who called the Drama album crap (twice). Boy, he never told us the reasons why he thinks this album is "crap". I wonder why he thinks that... because there is no mellotron on it?? no side-long epic? no Anderson?? No Wakeman??? Come on man... give me a break..........

Half of his review is off topic, but that's the kind of problem you get when you don't weed out senseless reviews.

I personally think many fans of prog would appreciate Drama, even without Anderson and Wakeman.
Cluster One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2005 at 02:52
The following review is great EXCEPT it's for the movie "The Wall" and has nothing at all to do with the actual record. So IMHO probably does not offer much useful advice

PINK FLOYD - The Wall
Review by The Miracle @ 9:47:50 PM EST, 2005-03-04
- The album is pretty good, but the worst one from Pink Floyd with Waters (IMHO). What is truly bad, is the movie. Pink Floyd is my second favorite band after Led Zeppelin. I got into rock music because of them. still, with all my love for PF, this is the worst movie I have seen in my life. Waters was either smoking crack, or he wanted to make some extra money, I dont know. How could this calm psychedelic band that created Meddle, Wish You Were Here and other masterpieces, make such a brutal, nasty and disturbing movie? If it was slipknot or mudwayne, I would not be surprised, but why PF?This was a huge disappointment and I got rid of it the next day. If you want a great PF video, buy Live at Pompeii, don't buy this crap!

Marmalade...I like marmalade.
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 15:45

One for deletion:

NIGHTWISH Angels Fall First progressive rock album and reviews NIGHTWISH - Angels Fall First
Review by OSAMA @ 3:14:00 PM EST, 2005-03-08

0 stars  —   This isn't prog. I repeat This isn't prog. It's just about time that some tidwid adds STRATOVARIUS or [%*!#]in' HELLOWEEN here! Yes! I think that TOTO is the greatest prog band!1 No no, BRITNEY SPEARS must be the one!! Yeah!! I love prog, I listen to COLDPLAY and BACK STREET BOYS! LOL! This site starts to stink. Uriah Heep? Rhapsody? Helloween? Get a grip. Even neo-prog bands get closer to creative, anti-commercial, a little (or very) complex fusion music style called progressive rock than these!
FloydWright View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 17:30
Another, because it just spends its time attacking Mr. Chantraine...

-----

HIGH WHEEL - Back From The Void
Review by Frederic Cermelj @ 5:23:51 PM EST, 2005-03-08

—   This album is simply the Nr#1 of Prog-resiste 30 (the best Prog fanzine written in french) for the year 2002. By the way Mr. Chantraine do you actually love progresive music? I doubt about it. Therefore DO NOT visit 'The IQ Museum' because it is dedicated to prog fans only ;-) You'd better listen to pop music. -
L.V.X. View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 01:23
This review needs deletion:
Quote ROXY MUSIC - Siren
Review by Redhead @ 12:27:31 AM EST, 2005-03-11

—   ROXY MUSIC, PROG ? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha,oh i cant stop laughing. Can we please have some Sinatra too? Can we also get a new title for this site, how about: Rockpoparchives?? C´mon you guys,lets get serious ,please!! Otherwise i think that this site will loose the respect,it earned a year ago.

Tired of typing the same search parameters on Gemm, MusicStack, eBay etc. -> Link
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 03:14

Originally posted by L.V.X. L.V.X. wrote:

This review needs deletion:
Quote ROXY MUSIC - Siren
Review by Redhead @ 12:27:31 AM EST, 2005-03-11

—   ROXY MUSIC, PROG ? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha,oh i cant stop laughing. Can we please have some Sinatra too? Can we also get a new title for this site, how about: Rockpoparchives?? C´mon you guys,lets get serious ,please!! Otherwise i think that this site will loose the respect,it earned a year ago.

This was to be expected. I never thought they should've been in the first place. Most proghead are much too exclusive and elitist. This is a part of the reason why Prog gets a bad rep: its fans's superiority complex.

let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 22:19

Please, is this a review or an urban legend? Even  IF the story was true (What I doubt because Frágil started their career doing Yes and Genesis covers), this is anything except a review, I believe should be deleted.

Quote FRAGIL Frágil
Review by mario @ 9:39:56 PM EST, 2004-04-26

5 stars  —  I would like to tell you freind tha the name of frgil doesn`t come from the Yes album called Fragil,The singer told me the real history:It starts in their garage where they usually had their rehearsals .Once the guitarist`s grandma got into the gararge and starts screeming for the noise and Andres(lider and singer)just said: take it easy grandma,everything here is so fragil couse of the frames and speakers wich where hanged up on the walls ,,,,,that`s how the name came...............

Even though it's old, only noticed yesterday when reviewing this excellent album.

Iván

Edited by ivan_2068

Hangedman View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 23:05
There was a steve hackett review which simply said QUINTESSENTIAL prog ALBUM or something like that over and over again, but mercifully it has been removed.
Cluster One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 03:25
There is a whole group of RADIOHEAD reviews just posted today, (4 or more) that are all inappropriate 'they suck and aren't prog' type stuff. All are given 0 stars...
Marmalade...I like marmalade.
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 03:59

Four for deletion!!

RADIOHEAD Kid A progressive rock album and reviews RADIOHEAD - Kid A
Review by Miles Husoy @ 1:31:42 AM EST, 2005-03-12

0 stars  —   Radiohead suck! Everyone knows it! Even lions, tigers and bears can do better music. They think they can create good alternative rock. Well, they can can't. And they have no reason for their existence! Now tell me, if Radiohead are prog then why doesn't All Music Guide list them that way. They have no essence of it whatsoever. I think Radiohead should be removed from this site.
RADIOHEAD Ok Computer progressive rock album and reviews RADIOHEAD - Ok Computer
Review by Miles Husoy @ 1:31:26 AM EST, 2005-03-12
0 stars  —   Radiohead suck! Everyone knows it! Even lions, tigers and bears can do better music. They think they can create good alternative rock. Well, they can can't. And they have no reason for their existence! Now tell me, if Radiohead are prog then why doesn't All Music Guide list them that way. They have no essence of it whatsoever. I think Radiohead should be removed from this site.
RADIOHEAD Hail to the thief progressive rock album and reviews RADIOHEAD - Hail to the thief
Review by Miles Husoy @ 1:29:58 AM EST, 2005-03-12
RADIOHEAD Hail to the thief progressive rock album and reviews RADIOHEAD - Hail to the thief
Review by The Barbarian @ 12:23:20 AM EST, 2005-03-12
0 stars  —   Prog Archives and Gibraltar used to be amazing PROGRESSIVE web sites but i dont understand how they dare to add these [&*!#]y bands... Rhapsody, Opeth, Nightwish, Radiohead, Procol Harum, Mars Volta, etc. They never were and they never will be PROGRESSIVE BANDS.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 141>