Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEternity X

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: What's true about Eternity X?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [14.29%]
7 [50.00%]
3 [21.43%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [14.29%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eternity X
    Posted: February 08 2007 at 03:03
I think Eternity X is the most unpopular band I like. If you haven't heard of'em, well check'em out. Wink If you want proof that I know what good music is before you take the time to listen to the band, I'll say my favorite bands are:

1. Pain of Salvation
2. Ayreon
3. Tool

Yeah. Smile

Masque View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 04:23
I would have picked the top one  "they're the most underrated band" because I like very much The Edge (besides its lack of originality) and I also liked Mind Games , Recently I received Zodiac in the post , Zodiac is only average in my opinion and  reminds me of early Savatage for some reason ... not very progressive .
I selected they`re good because I feel that there are other  prog metal bands  that have been more innovative .  

Sure they are underrated  but then again many bands are.

Zodiac  6/10
Mind Games 7.5/10
The Edge 8.5/10 

Rating     B -       pass with recommendation to release another CD  , but if they do I suggest changing a few things because chunk and balls aint where its at these days.

... that is  how I would rate Eternity X    Smile

Edited by Masque - February 08 2007 at 04:55
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 08:57
They never really did much for me,I find their music very derivative.

Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 11:06
They're good,i have "The edge" and "Zodiac".And i agree that "Zodiac" is by far the weaker of the two.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 11:12
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

They never really did much for me,I find their music very derivative.

you mean, more like Liberty X than Symphony X??Big%20smile
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2007 at 00:38
I only own "The Edge" and it's a terrific, fantastic album... I still don't understand why only prog-metal bands have to suffer the "derivative" accusation while bands like Marillion (which I like by the way) gets away even if it's THE most derivative band ever (their fish albums I mean).... A great album "The Edge" is, full of great melodies, Sudano a magnificent singer with a great variety of tones... very good band... I had to get this cd in Germany... Very rare. I'll go with the underrated option.
Masque View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2007 at 01:03
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

I only own "The Edge" and it's a terrific, fantastic album... I still don't understand why only prog-metal bands have to suffer the "derivative" accusation while bands like Marillion (which I like by the way) gets away even if it's THE most derivative band ever (their fish albums I mean).... A great album "The Edge" is, full of great melodies, Sudano a magnificent singer with a great variety of tones... very good band... I had to get this cd in Germany... Very rare. I'll go with the underrated option.
T ... I fully understand your opinion  but honestly if you heard Zodiac  well maybe it would be more clear. Eternity made a great CD  when they released "The Edge"  ... but one CD out of three doesn`t make a band great in my book  had they followed up and prior released something as notable as "The Edge" I would have said they are underrated for sure.

As we speak Eternity X are in the final stages  of releasing their new CD theres just a small matter of signing themselves to the best label , it is supposed to be recorded and ready to go and   its been a long time coming   if this CD  hits the spot and I am pleased with it    ... I`ll stand corrected Wink

Edited by Masque - February 09 2007 at 01:08
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2007 at 01:10
Originally posted by Masque Masque wrote:

Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

T ... I fully understand your opinion  but honestly if you heard Zodiac  well maybe it would be more clear. Eternity made a great CD  when they released "The Edge"  ... but one CD out of three doesn`t make a band great in my book  had they followed up and prior released something as notable as "The Edge" I would have said they are underrated for sure.

As we speak Eternity X are in the final stages  of releasing their new CD theres just a small matter of signing themselves to the best label , it is supposed to be recorded and ready to go and   its been a long time coming   if this CD  hits the spot and I am pleased with it    ... I`ll stand corrected Wink

Yes, maybe their other two releases and not up to par... but one masterpiece (it's almost one) earns them my respect in my book.... Let's hope this next release is as good. Smile
Masque View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2007 at 01:14
You know what caused Eternity X to break up  after The Edge ?    they had a big falling out over money  and who owned the songs ... things turned ugly    and thats too bad because if they had of released another great CD after "The Edge"   we would probably  all know about them  Smile

Edited by Masque - February 09 2007 at 01:16
Spacemac View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2007 at 08:59
they're good
Uroboros View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2007 at 12:28
I remember reading an interview with them back in '99 (already some time after The Edge was released) and they said they were almost done with this interesting project - they were to release two albums simultaneously, one of them being full-blown "prog" and the other one displaying a more "modern" approach, supposedly in accordance to the Zeitgeist of the period... This was their plan at the time and I know I was very excited by the perspective of the double experience. However, a few months later the news came that Eternity X had disbanded, which left me quite puzzled (that's all the info I got, since I didn't have access to the internet at the time).
In 2003 three of them (keyboardist Jaime Mazur plus the guitarist and the drummer) released an album called The Sign of Tomorrow under a new name - Exhibition (the band is not on PA yet). That album is much heavier, orientated more toward the US power metal style, and it lacks what I personally found most appealing in Eternity X - Zeek's wonderful bass playing and Keith's vocals.
It's really good news to hear that they're back together (any idea about the current line-up?), since The Edge is one of the albums I rate very highly and one of the most treasured "lost gems" of recent prog metal, along with the two Ice Age albums and the more recent couple by Ark. I only chose the second option for the reasons stated by Masque (the first two albums are pretty far from the level on The Edge), but I tend to have high expectations.
Tous les chemins
qui s’ouvrent à moi
ne mènent à rien si tu n’es plus là
b_olariu View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2007 at 13:59
they're good no doubt but also they are underrated. I just finished to listen Mind Games from 1995 and The edge from 1997. Great prog metal, well played in vein of Ivanhoe (german prog metal from the '90) but also some Shadow Gallery and even Crimson Glory influence. Great band, that doesn't mean they are some gods and the prog conoseurs forget about them, they are an enjoyble band nothing more.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2007 at 15:57
I own 'The Edge' too, but I don't find it that interesting...
Maybe I need to give it a few more tries, but at the moment
sounds ...just OK...
 Post Reply Post Reply