Topic ClosedSieges Even New Album Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sieges Even New Album Update
    Posted: February 22 2007 at 11:48
Haven't seen this anywhere else yet.  From their Website, posted Jan 31:

"Sieges Even have finished the songwriting for the upcoming new album 'Paramount'.  Along with new tracks like 'Duende', 'A Wallflower on the day of St. Juliana', 'Tidal', 'Leftovers', to name a few, the band will also record older tracks 'Where our Shadows Sleep', and 'The Valparaiso Dreaming', which have been rearranged for the new CD. "Paramount'  will be released by the end of September 2007 through Inside Out Records, followed by an extensive tour. "

They also posted tour dates for October in Europe.

Tall order to follow up The Art of Navigating by the Stars but let's hope they can do it.  Looking forward to it.Big%20smile
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
Forgotten Son View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 22:37
Score. The Art of Navigating by the Stars is fantastic, one of my favourite albums. Even if this new album is only a fraction as good, it'll probably make it into the top albums of this year for me. 2007, is going to rock.
R_DeNIRO View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 19:14
Originally posted by Forgotten Son Forgotten Son wrote:

Score. The Art of Navigating by the Stars is fantastic, one of my favourite albums. Even if this new album is only a fraction as good, it'll probably make it into the top albums of this year for me. 2007, is going to rock.

Totally agre ClapClapClap
We were always be much human than we whish to be.
Bj-1 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 19:21

Im really looking forward to it. I love their other stuff (at least from what i've heard). Can't wait, excellent bandCool

RIO/AVANT/ZEUHL - The best thing you can get with yer pants on!
EXERIOR Experimental tech/death/progmetal from Norway!
johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2007 at 20:15
June 18, 2007:
PARAMOUNT tracklist:
SIEGES EVEN have just finished recording, mixing and mastering their new album PARAMOUNT. Here is the final tracklist:

01) When Alpha And Omega Collide
02) A Wallflower On The Day Of Saint Juliana
03) Tidal
04) Iconic
05) Where Our Shadows Sleep
06) Duende
07) Bridge To The Divine
08) Leftovers
09) Mounting Castles In The Blood Red Sky
10) Paramount

Playing Time:
approx. 62 minutes

Release dates:
Europe: End of September, 2007
North America: October 10, 2007

June 12, 2007:
PARAMOUNT Coverartwork revealed!
http://www.siegeseven.com/

Edited by johnobvious - June 24 2007 at 20:15
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2007 at 20:19
Their website is a little weird.  Here is the link to the cover

http://www.siegeseven.com/
JayDee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2007 at 20:27

I'll be looking forward for that. Tahnks for the info. Excellent band with great musicianship. Hope the album would be as awesome as The Art of Navigating The Stars. Nice album cover. Love the clouds. :-p

Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 19:51
Clap

Yes, going to see them live in October in Bünde/Germany - I'm very curious

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 19:57
^Curious, how?  Have you heard The Art?  Fabulous.

Just saw the new album got added to the Archives.  Two months before I can get it in the states.  The wait is killing me.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 09:43

According to InsideOut Music, reformed cult German progressive metal band SIEGES EVEN are going to release their much anticipated 7th album, Paramount, on Oct 9th (USA) and Sept. 21st, 2007 (EUR) via InsideOut Music /SPV.

InsideOut Press release: Sieges Even - "Paramount":

"To talk of a comeback in the original meaning of the word wouldn't be quite correct, after all SIEGES EVEN never disappeared completely, having brought out a brilliant album in 'The Art Of Navigating By The Stars' only two years ago, following an extended creative hiatus. So their latest album release, Paramount, does not arrive totally unannounced, yet it surprises with an artistic complexity and stylistic diversity that is difficult to find in this genre.

The album forges an atmospheric arch to the band's beginnings back in the late eighties, documenting the topicality of their music at the same time. After all, prog rock and prog metal are more popular at the moment than they have been for a long time, and SIEGES EVEN are among Germany's elite when it comes to these musical directions.

"Compared to our previous CDs, we focus more on the song itself these days," guitarist Markus Steffen describes SIEGES EVEN's present attitude, adding: "We don't think so much about how many notes we can cram into a particular number. The new songs are more compact in themselves, and certainly occasionally tougher than the compositions on The Art Of Navigating By The Stars, but always supported by a strong melody. Although we love Navigating, we wanted to embark on a different path without betraying our roots. I think we've become more open to different stylistic influences since Arno's [Menses - vocals]arrival."

Steffen is referring to vocalist Arno Menses, who joined SIEGES EVEN three years ago and has been at the epicentre of this perfectly measured soundquake ever since. Together with the brothers, Oliver and Alex Holzwarth (bass and drums), Steffen and Menses have concentrated on the essence of their talent more than ever before. Paramount consists of ten fascinating songs that take the listener on an adventurous journey, setting free a diversity of emotions. SIEGES EVEN's lyrics consciously do without messages, or indeed indoctrination.

Menses: "We go about our lyrics the same way we go about our music: every one of them is intended to create its own movie in the listener's mind. Interpretations by us would only have a manipulative and irritating effect." Yet the contents of the songs are anything but mundane. The title track and 'Bridge To The Divine', for example, are about the wide range of things people dream of, while 'Tidal' is more personal and allows the listener the freedom of individual interpretation.

Musically, SIEGES EVEN operate at the most accomplished level. The above mentioned 'Tidal' contains pretty much all the components that make Paramount a complete work of art: toughness, melodiousness, progressive parts, melancholia, e-guitars, acoustic guitars, discreet keyboards and tasteful synthesizer sounds.

The instrumental, 'Mounting Castles In The Blood Red Sky', is a kind of musical version of Martin Luther King's famous "I have a dream" speech, contrasted by the folk prog AOR ballad, 'Eyes Wide Open', which is carried by Menses' vocals and seems the kind of track that few people would have expected from this band. "Before Arno's arrival we wouldn't have risked such a number, but now it seems totally conclusive and fitting," Steffen points out.

Paramount was recorded in collaboration with sound engineer Kristian 'Kohle' Kohlmannslehner at his studio in Seeheim/Jugenheim. Kohlmannslehner also mixed the songs, his colleague Kai Stahlenberg taking care of the mastering. The result is a perfectly arranged, cleverly produced and extremely melodious album that invites its listeners to dream along to and promises to work well on stage, too.

That's why the band's fans should seize the opportunity to check their latest release out in an audio-visual context: SIEGES EVEN are scheduled to embark on a tour of Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland in October."

Thanks to ytsejam.com for the info

Edited by johnobvious - August 15 2007 at 09:46
ian picken View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 10:09
I have got stars and sense of change, and they have just rereleased uneven and sophisticated, i have not heard these cds, are they any good????
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 10:56
I don't have those two.  They don't have Markus Steffan on them and I am not enough into metal right now to take the plunge.  And I don't really like Sense of Change.  They are both supposed to be shred fests.  Just waiting for the new CD.Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply