Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Album Covers and Artist Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 130>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarcisio Moura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2017 at 17:21
Dear Joolz:

While I was adding the new Plackband album Rocket I accidentally added a wrong scanned image. When I tried to fix it I ended up adding the same album again (this time with the right cover). Could you please eliminate the small sized picture entry?

Thanks and excuse my mistake.

Tarcísio
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2017 at 13:55
Tarcísio, we can't delete albums, it's admins' territory.

Please contact any admin (or tell us to do this).
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2017 at 07:24
Hi Tarcisio - who's Joolz, anyway ? ( You just fired up my curiosity, that's all Tongue)
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2017 at 11:20
^ Joolz is the starter of this thread and former member of the E&O Team. He hasn't visited the forum since 22 June 2012 BTW.
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Tarcisio Moura View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarcisio Moura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2017 at 04:07
It looks like it was fixed already. Thanks!
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2017 at 13:08
^ Yes, but You needn't to add it in the first place 'cos it was already here. Explanation in another thread:

Originally posted by someone_else in <a href=http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=59458&PID=5486954#5486954 rel=nofollow>here</a> someone_else in here wrote:

The album Rocket! The Dreams of Wubbo Ockels is added under two different (but closely related) monikers:
Plackband (with a 5-star review by Tarcisio Moura) and PBII (19 ratings, no reviews). The latter is the correct one (the band's name anyway).

So, we still have two entries for this album.

Edited by Tuzvihar - August 23 2017 at 13:14
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Tarcisio Moura View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarcisio Moura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2017 at 06:09
Hi, Tuzvihar:

No, as far as I could see the problem was fixed.

Cheers

Tarcíso
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2017 at 12:57
^ No, my friend, You missed my point. The album is present twice in the database under two different band monikers. You added the album under Plackband whereas it already existed under PBII (sort of a continuation of Planckband) where it really belongs. So, if you could delete Your review from the former album entry and repost it into the latter one it would enable us to remove the superfluous album entry that You added.

Is that clear now? Smile

Charles Bukowski
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2017 at 17:05
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

^ No, my friend, You missed my point. The album is present twice in the database under two different band monikers. You added the album under Plackband whereas it already existed under PBII (sort of a continuation of Planckband) where it really belongs. So, if you could delete Your review from the former album entry and repost it into the latter one it would enable us to remove the superfluous album entry that You added.

Is that clear now? Smile
Done. Smile
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2017 at 10:28
When I added this album, the cover didn't show up on the page. I think it's because it was smaller than 600 px.

Here is the cover:

----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2017 at 10:30
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2017 at 14:12
^ & ^^
Ken, all looks good right now - maybe it took a little longer to upload, it happened to me before, more than once Ouch
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2018 at 02:46
We could use a picture for Rikk Eccent's profile (http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=8537)

https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2018 at 07:22
^ Done, thanks.

(Could you possibly find the time to expand his Bio?)

Edited by Quinino - January 05 2018 at 07:35
Kingsnake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 04:42
Hi there.

I submitted this album: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=56754

But the cover doesn't show.

Here's the file:

Edited by Kingsnake - February 04 2018 at 04:43
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 07:12
Hi, snake, problem solved as I checked.
(I did nothing - already happened also to me the upload taking some time to complete, we just have to wait and check back later on, just to be sure)

Thanks
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 11:20
I posted this in the "I have a question for you" section but received no responses so I thought I would also post it here. This isn't really an error or omission although I guess it could be considered an error(at least imo).

Here is my original post:

I'm curious as to why the original album cover for Dream Theater's "Live from New York" is the one shown and not the one considered less offensive. It seems kind of wrong to me to show the original considering the reason why it was pulled from the shelf when it first came out. Aside from that if someone wants to buy it they might look for it based on that picture and not be able to find it(since apparently that version is incredibly rare).
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 12:02
So, we have to guess which album, where to find it, what the alternatives you propose ... ??
You need to be more user-friendly, mate, this is a collaborative site Big smile
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 09:26
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

So, we have to guess which album, where to find it, what the alternatives you propose ... ??
You need to be more user-friendly, mate, this is a collaborative site Big smile

Hey, there's this new thing called wikipedia. Wink https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Scenes_from_New_York Anyway, the top album cover listed is the one I propose switching it to. You can find it on either photobucket or just by searching google. 
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 10:15
^
a) Wikipedia states that the original cover is the one on PA (see the 2nd picture footnote)
b) Discogs states that (the one you prefer)  "This release has the alternate cover which replaced the burning Big Apple/NYC skyline version."

From PA Guidelines
5.1 Picture should be a facsimile of the earliest front cover as released in the artist's home country, if possible

All is good then, thanks anyway

(I can also complain of having to make similar choices against my personal taste/preferences, no big deal after all Cool )
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 130>