Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Album Covers and Artist Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 130>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 11:49
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

^
a) Wikipedia states that the original cover is the one on PA (see the 2nd picture footnote)
b) Discogs states that (the one you prefer)  "This release has the alternate cover which replaced the burning Big Apple/NYC skyline version."

From PA Guidelines
5.1 Picture should be a facsimile of the earliest front cover as released in the artist's home country, if possible

All is good then, thanks anyway

(I can also complain of having to make similar choices against my personal taste/preferences, no big deal after all Cool )

So you are saying you won't change the cover to the one that doesn't show the NYC skyline burning? I just feel it's a bit insensitive to keep that one not just because of the whole 9/11 thing but also the other one is way more common. I could go on and on here but hopefully you guys will do the right thing. Yes, I realize the controversial cover is the original one but maybe you can make an exception since it's kind of a touchy thing especially for those in the US(like me). Anyway, at least please consider it. Also, please read the back story as to why the cover was changed in the first place. I see you aren't from the US so maybe it's difficult for you to understand why this is important to me so please try to understand it from someone from here and the impact those events had on our lives. We don't need the reminder when we look at the album cover there in the discography. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - February 05 2018 at 11:54
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 14:18
^ I fully understand now and respect your pov, and by no means do I pretend to seem inflexible on this question of "The Right Cover"  (or offend anybody's feelings in the course) - any rule has its own exceptions  (and that's a rule  Confused)

So the question is up to debate - I will certainly and gladly abide to the common decision that comes up  Thumbs Up
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 14:51
Ok, thanks for your consideration.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 04:18
^ No need to, basic empathy Ying Yang
(I fear that we're maybe the only two interested - for different reasons - with this picture choice)
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 14:09
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

I fear that we're maybe the only two interested 

I've read your discussion and don't know what to say. Personally I prefer to follow guidelines, but I can live with Majesty symbol as well. Smile  
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
metalmate View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalmate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 05:37
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 06:00
^ Thanks, I updated the album cover - and will get back to it when more info is released - but for now will keep the band's photo (it's my "archival" side in command Confused)

(but I notice the Bio is miserable, would you care to help and supply a new one ?)

Edited by Quinino - February 09 2018 at 06:13
metalmate View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalmate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 08:14
Thanks a lot. 

I posted a short bio to http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=112872 along with the news about the upcoming album.

A larger bio is:

The name Royal Hunt appeared for the first time in 1989; a brainchild of André Andersen (main songwriter in the band) this outfit was created in order to combine basic values of Classic Rock with progressive, current musical elements. Today, after selling around 1.7 million albums and touring the world numerous times, the band’s still going strong… here’s the story:

After countless local club tours the band secured their first record deal with Teichiku Records, Japan (Panasonic branch), a management deal with Majestic Entertainment (USA) and a world wide publishing agreement with Warner Chappell.
Debut album – “Land of Broken Hearts” came out in 1991 and sold 35 000 copies in Japan alone; soon it’s been out in USA (through Rondell Records), where it created a buzz through a net of college radio stations.
An instrumental piece from the album – “Martial Arts” – was picked as a theme tune by Japanese Wrestling Federation and still is the best selling “sports single” in the country (passed 150 000 copies).

Another tour followed bringing the band to Japan as well, where some unplugged performances created a demand for an “exclusive” release – “The Maxi Single” (1992), which contained 4 unplugged versions of songs from the debut album and two new tracks.

The follow up album – “Clown in the Mirror” – recorded in Denmark and mixed at House Of Music, NY and mastered by legendary George Marino at Sterling, NY – were released in 1993 by the abovementioned labels and – selling beyond 60 000 units – brought the band on the road again, only this time including a two months tour across USA… besides Europe and Japan.

Right after the tour the band’s got their first “hit”, releasing an EP containing 4 live tracks and a new song – “Far Away” (1995) – which went on top of Japanese rock charts and stayed there for a while, pushing the sells figures up to 70 000 units… a longer promo tour brought the band to the SE Asia and most of the Northern Europe.

Next studio album – “Moving Target” (1995), recorded/mixed at Medley Studio (DK) with Lars Overgaard behind the desk – was the first one to be released world wide (Royal Hunt has finally inked the deal with Long Island Records in Europe) and paved the way to a 72-dates world tour, selling around 120 000 copies.
Various rock publications throughout the world honoured Royal Hunt as “the best live band of the year” as well as “the best album of the year”.

Next year saw the band releasing a double live album – “1996” – accompanied by a “8-cameras-shot-full length VHS” (the concert was filmed/recorded in a prestigious, sold out 5000 seater Gotanda U-port Hall, Japan)… a combination which is still regarded as one of the best live releases of the decade.

“Paradox” – the album which many fans (as well as the press) are considering to be a “classic” – came out in 1997 and propelled Royal Hunt to the top of numerous rock charts around the globe, followed by a 4 months non-stop tour and another “live CD/VHS” – “Closing the Chapter” (1998) – showing the band (through a 10 camera set-up) performing the entire “Paradox” with a huge stage production (completely sponsored by Martin Lights (DK).

In 1999 the band released their next studio album – “Fear”, this time through SPV (Europe), Pony Canyon (Japan and SE Asia) and Magna Carta (USA). As usual the world tour followed, this time bringing the band to some new territories – Korea and Russia – and ending on the main stage of Germany`s Wacken Open Air festival in front of 55 000 people. Royal Hunt – again and again – rewarded with assorted awards for “best live performance”/”album of the year” from various media outlets.

Ray Bradbury’s Martian Chronicles became a basis for a concept trilogy released in 2001: a single “Intervention”, a full length album “The Mission” and an EP “The Watchers” (claimed to be “the longest EP in history”, containing over 70 minutes of material). The following tour stretched over a period of 6 months, including a headliner slot at Pusan Open Air festival (attendance: 25 000, sold out) and Russia (where the band signed a separate record deal with AMG Records for Russia and CIS).

Without missing a beat Royal Hunt releases their new studio album, “Eyewitness” in 2003 and – in order to regroup and to reinforce some of their business structures – decides to skip another major tour, concentrating on a few selected festivals (incl. FireFest (UK) and Italy’s “Gods of Rock”) as well as countless TV and radio appearances throughout the world.

“Paper Blood” came out in the spring of 2005 and created a substantial stir among the fans and the press by it’s simplified, aggressive nature and was followed by not one, but two full blown tours; as a celebration of Royal Hunt’s first double live CD/VHS “1996”, the sold out show in St.Petersburg?s Music Hall (Russia) was captured by 7 cameras and released as a double CD/DVD package, simply named “2006”.

Represented by Frontiers Records (Europe), Marquee/Avalon (Japan/SE Asia), Magna Carta (USA/N.America), Riot Entertainment (Australia) and CD Maximum (Russia/CIS) Royal Hunt releases “Collision Course – Paradox II” in 2008. Scoring high positions on the charts around the world and receiving raving reviews in the press, the band’s embarking on yet another tour – this time including in the fold of “usual suspects” countries like Finland, Bulgaria, Hungary and Poland, closing at the main stage of Sweden Rock Festival (attendance: 35 000)

“Future?s Coming from the Past” live-DVD was released in 2010 just in time for the band?s next tour in 2011 – a handful of shows in Europe, Japan and Russia in order to pave the way to Royal Hunt?s next studio album – “Show Me How to Live”. Achieving almost impossible – such as topping the already impeccable production of previous releases – the album became an instant hit combining strong songwriting with thoughtful lyrics and virtuoso playing from each member. Critics were happy, fans were excited and the upcoming tour (SE Asia, Russia and Europe with the final performance at FireFest, UK) was doomed to become a success – but this time with a little twist:

In order to celebrate Royal Hunt?s 20th birthday the band releases a triple CD and a DVD in one stunningly looking digipack: “20th Anniversary – Special Edition”. Carefully picked (and slightly re-mastered) 25 of their best songs representing the evolution of the band on two CDs, a “Royal Hunt – 93/97” DVD and yet another CD containing some of the “bonus tracks” recorded over the years… AND some extra stuff as well:
The band re-recorded three of their previously released songs in an “unplugged” version – vocals, drums, bass and two acoustic guitars – yet in order to do this album even more “special” they wrote and recorded a completely new song – Save Me – full production and all. With a great artwork to match this release was a big “thank you” to all Royal Hunt fans for 20 years of uncompromised support.

After two successful decades of reinventing and improving their genre of music (celebrated throughout 2012 with a successful tour and release of the “20th Anniversary – Special Edition” multiple CD/DVD box set, ROYAL HUNT as a brand is about to enter the next chapter of their evolution:

New album – “A Life To Die For” – is focused on the most symphonic and dramatic aspect of Royal Hunt. For the first time in the band?s history some orchestral and classical choir arrangements have been additionally recorded in order to accelerate this dramatic musical piece into epic proportions.
“A Life To Die For” has been released by Frontiers Records on November 29th 2013 in Europe and December 3th in N. America, Marquee/Avalon on November 20th in Japan/SE Asia as a regular CD, limited-edition Digipack with bonus DVD and a gatefold vinyl.

Royal Hunt´s 13th studio album – Devil´s Dozen – stays very true to the original, larger-than-life Royal Hunt sound: with imaginative instrumentation, intricate arrangements, soaring vocals and catchy, massive choruses. Yet the addition of classical musicians/instruments and contemporary, modern day production elements twist the outcome into a unique sonic palette.

The 14th album raised new questions: how to progress and yet keep the identity which took over 25 years to establish? How to create the ever evolving – and at times rather complicated – musical compositions and wrap it up in an accessible format with that recognizable sound? Royal Hunt does it with ease and now – with their 14th studio album – proves once again that creativity and staying true to yourself can work hand-in-hand and produce some astonishing results: will you please welcome the ultimate proof of that – “Cast in Stone”

The band holds tight to the format which defined rock – an album chockfull of carefully crafted songs, recorded and mixed by a team of professionals who know how to combine crystal clear sonics with a weighty punch. Royal Rock… no substitutes!

Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnum Vaeltaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 10:45
Hey guys, thought the album cover for the debut album from Interpose+ could use a higher res image, so here's a larger version:

when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 11:19
^ Thanks, done.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 11:52
Originally posted by metalmate metalmate wrote:

Thanks a lot. 

I posted a short bio to http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=112872 along with the news about the upcoming album.

A larger bio is:

... already uploaded, thanks a lot !

metalmate View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalmate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2018 at 15:07
Thanks a lot! Why would you keep the old profile photo? It is only Andre Andresen on that picture who is still in the band. All the others changed more than hm...  7 years.... ago or something
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2018 at 15:30
OK, no space science here, but I fancy keeping "historical" pictures rather than showing the latest promotional that you can besides easily find anywhere online.
I tell you what we'll make (as I often do): a combined picture of Old plus New, give me a few minutes.

(I credited by your nickname on the Bio - Alexandra, are you acting on behalf of the band or just an ingenious fan ?)
metalmate View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalmate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2018 at 16:11
Historical - sounds good - you may then consider using this - a totaly historical one :-)  
I sing backing on the recent albums, does it counts -  both? :-) 

Thank you!
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2018 at 16:22
Originally posted by metalmate metalmate wrote:

Historical - sounds good - you may then consider using this - a totaly historical one :-) 

... almost Neanderthal, yes !!! LOL
(thanks, keep the flame burning...)

dav19pt5 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dav19pt5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2018 at 23:23
HI. The Deserts of Traun page http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2944 needs updating please. i (Dave Murray) have recently released 4 new albums (a 4 part series). i am hoping for the following changes:

new bio:
TRAUN is a music project created by drummer Dave Murray of Estradasphere (no, not of Iron Maiden ;). The pieces consist of progressive episodic music ranging from Gypsy-Jazz, Metal, Classical, Fusion, World, Electronic, Cinema and various other genre amalgamations. The albums are intended to be listened to chronologically, as the songs reflect the beats of a science-fiction story described on the official website. Guest musicians include Timb Harris (Secret Chiefs 3, Mr Bungle), Jamison Smeltz (MiRthkon), Daedelus, Ben Wendel (Kneebody) and Tim Smolens (Estradasphere). The 4 albums were released together in order to preserve production continuity. This final installation of TRAUN is the official follow-up to the 2003 release, "The Deserts of Traun". Album art, illustrations and animation were done by Colby Bluth, who has worked in the field of animation for Disney, Fox, Apple, Samsung and many other studios

new artist image:
 - the current image is random, and 22 years old
please use either of these photos

links
official website change to traunmusic.com
youtube videos

Lastly - any chance i can update the actual name of the band/project. originally it was called "The Deserts of Traun". can this be changed to just "Traun".

Thanks so much.
Dave Murray

Dave Murray
Estradasphere, Traun
http://traunmusic.com
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2018 at 01:51
^ Thanks, Dave. 

I've added video and changed the link to website.
Are you sure you'd like to replace current photo (nice kitten btw) with the image of some guy in sunglasses LOL or, even worse, with logo? 

Technically I can make other changes, but changes of names and bios on PA have to be made by genre team's approval. So I'll pass this to Avant Team.
dav19pt5 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dav19pt5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2018 at 12:52
yes - use the new photo. although i love cats - i think it is probably in need of updating. i have added another photo to the folder without sunglasses. you guys can pick. it doesn't matter too much . thanks for updatign the links and videos. i look forward to the other changes. thanks
Dave Murray
Estradasphere, Traun
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 14:51
^ Thanks, done. Avant team agreed with your suggestions. Now it's TRAUN.

I've changed the photo as well (why there are no cats anymore? Confused), but it will be seen later (because of caching I think).
dav19pt5 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dav19pt5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2018 at 11:42
looks good -thanks
Dave Murray
Estradasphere, Traun
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 130>