Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Album Covers and Artist Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 130>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2014 at 02:32
I tried to add this cover: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/random/pidanoma to this album entry: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=44521, but something went wrong. I hope you can fix it.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2014 at 04:44
^ Thanks, fixed.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2014 at 04:52
Originally posted by fiction7 fiction7 wrote:

The cover on this page is not the correct cover.
I like it better than the real cover, which is probably why someone else out there created it for their blogspot post of it (though who knows where they acquired the image), and it got passed around until it ended up here. I have no idea who owns the rights to it, but the band and label definitely do not.
Here’s the real cover:
http://imgur.com/k08zoJP
Thanks!

Thanks, but I still doubt - Google search results give the current cover. It would be helpful to have links to any band's resource (if such resource exists). 
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2014 at 04:56
^ my words exactly Big smile

Edited by aapatsos - February 02 2014 at 04:56
fiction7 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiction7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2014 at 01:09
Sorry, I didn't see your response till just now. While the band had been together for 5 years, we split up right after the record was released. I was the drummer. The only resource is this old myspace page, but I no longer have the email address that created it, so I am locked out of it, and it doesn't have either cover photo on it, anyway, and as far as I know the original cover was never posted anywhere. I uploaded it to that site I sent you the link for the same day I sent you the link. The CD was only released locally here in Portland, Oregon, at the time, and I don't know where that image came from. I communicated briefly with the first guy who posted it on his blogspot to find out where he got it, but he said he didn't know and that he liked that cover better than the original I sent him, so he was going to keep using it. That's why it's the only one out there in googleland. I'm just worried that whoever the amazing artist is who painted that image and owns the rights to it will spot it or someone who knows him will, and then he'll come looking for us, very upset and threatening to sue. Let me know how I can prove all of this to you and I will. I'll even send you an original copy of the CD if you want. I still have a few copies in a box somewhere. Thanks again. -Brian

https://myspace.com/fictionprogfusion

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2014 at 07:39
Thanks, Brian.

I see no reason not to belive you, the cover changed.

By the way, do you have the band's photo? We can add it to FICTION page: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7748.
fiction7 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiction7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2014 at 00:34
Thanks so much! I'll try to dig up a photo of the band. I'm sure I have one somewhere.

Also, that site I uploaded the correct cover to changed the colors and resolution so extremely that it looks neonized and quite far from how it's supposed to look. If there's some other way I can give the 1MB jpg to you, let me know. It would be great to have it look the way it's supposed to. 

Thanks again!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2014 at 05:36
^ It would be better to have good-looking 50-100 kB cover because 1MB after being automatically resized to 300x300 pixels will look no better than the current one.
fiction7 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiction7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2014 at 14:42
Thanks for the tip!

Here's a much better version:

http://imgur.com/ba8qnXW

and here's the band photo, too:

http://imgur.com/etpwUNz

Thanks again.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2014 at 15:12
^ Thanks, done.

The album cover is a bit fuzzy though. I guess it's because I had to save the picture as jpg and then autoresizing makes its effects.

We can make one more attempt if you post about 500x500 pixels picture (jpg or jpeg, the system does not load gif or png).

Edited by NotAProghead - February 09 2014 at 15:15
fiction7 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiction7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2014 at 23:45
Sorry about that. Here's a jpg version:

http://imgur.com/eI0jhNl

Thanks for your patience.
Lynx33 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynx33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 16:04
here is a better cover to this one
Mindez elmúlt. Ma már tudom köszönteni a szépséget.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 20:51
^ Thanks, done.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 20:54
Originally posted by fiction7 fiction7 wrote:

Sorry about that. Here's a jpg version:

http://imgur.com/eI0jhNl

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks, but it's the band's photo. It looks OK: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7748.
I've meant the album cover is a bit fuzzy.
Lynx33 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynx33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2014 at 07:05
covers to this one

and there is a spelling mistake in Releases information part:

Recontres should be RencontresSmile

Edited by Lynx33 - February 16 2014 at 07:08
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2014 at 08:42
^ Thanks, done.
Lynx33 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynx33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2014 at 15:47
Here is a cover to this one
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2014 at 16:25
^ Thanks, done.

I'll tell a little secret. Sometimes you find a picture (jpg or jpeg), save it on your PC, add to the album, but it is not loaded (I have no idea why).

The following trick always helps:
- open Paint (or other image editor);
- copy pictute to Paint, save it (as jpg or jpeg) on your PC, then add it to the album page - it's a mystery to me why, but this always works.
Lynx33 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynx33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2014 at 17:16
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ Thanks, done.

I'll tell a little secret. Sometimes you find a picture (jpg or jpeg), save it on your PC, add to the album, but it is not loaded (I have no idea why).

- copy pictute to Paint, save it (as jpg or jpeg) on your PC, then add it to the album page - it's a mystery to me why, but this always works.

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that next timeSmile
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2014 at 05:24
Originally posted by Lynx33 Lynx33 wrote:

Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ Thanks, done.

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that next timeSmile

True! Weird fact but true. I find myself re-sizing the images and re-saving them with XnView and it usually works! Tongue
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 130>