FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTodd Rundgren

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Todd Rundgren
    Posted: April 12 2007 at 15:03
(heey sorry, I think I just posted this in the wrong thread, I ment to put it here..)
I know he isn't one of the leading prog leaders out there, infact, most of his stuff isn't prog. But he has some you know? Anyways, my name is Vanessa. I'm 19, turning 20 soon. My uncle is a huge prog fan , as well as Todd Rundgren fan, his birthday is coming up soon, and all he has is vinyl. He has tons and tons of vinyl everywhere. And he always talks about how hes had them for years, and he wants to get one of "those new ipods" soon so he can listen to all of his stuff again without always having to take out the vinyl.lol. My uncle is a great person, but I dont think he realises its not going to be very easy to put all of his stuff on an ipod if its only on vinyl. Now I have tons and tons of the prog stuff he loves on CD because I listen to it to(ELP,Yes,early Genesis, King Crimson,Jade Warrior, Van der Graaf Generator,Pink Floyd,Khan,Comus,Soft Machine,National Health,The Mars Volta,Hatfield&The North..all of those great bands and more=), but something I dont have is any Todd Rundgren albums on CD other than Something/Anything? Which my uncle likes, but not as much as the proggish stuff he ended up doing. Either way, I wanna get an ipod for his birthday and put all of this stuff on it for my uncle, but I also wanna put some Rundgren on it for him.

(Remainder of post edited by admin)

Edited by Easy Livin - April 12 2007 at 15:39
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 15:44
Sorry, I've had to edit the post, and remove a couple of replies.

File sharing is an illegal activity, which we cannot permit in this forum.

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 19:27
I replied to this post earlier.  Sorry, if it appeared I was offering to share files, so I will revise and repost my comments.  As far as I know, there are no legal issues with making copies of your own stuff.

I highly recommend Audio Cleaning Lab, if you'd like to convert those LPs to a digital music format.  I've used it to convert vinyls that haven't made it to CD to CD format.  Of course it seems that whenever I go to the trouble to do that and make up a nice booklet, the dang thing comes out on CD.  It doesn't export directly to the Ipod file format, but once you've CD'd it you use your Ipod software to make the conversion.  For some reason I can't paste in the site link.  It's easy enough to find the site if you use any of the typical search engines.

Not to brag or anything , but I've got an enormous CD collection, approaching 1300 titles.  I use a Toshiba Gigabeat player (40 gig).  It's way cool to be able to not have to select a set of disc to take on vacation and just bring my whole CD collection with me in a unit the size of a deck of cards.

My personal favorite Rundgrens are the Utopia album and Ra.  I have Wizard.. and Initiation, but don't like them as much.  If money is an issue, I'd highly recommend trying to find what you are after used on half.com.  I've been acquiring stuff though that site for years now.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

BroSpence View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 20:28
Todd is awesome as a songwriter, musician and producer.  A Wizard a True Star was excellent, as was Utopia, and Something/Anything?  My friend drove him into D.C. last year.  Apparently he is a pretty cool guy. 

Oh and the Nazz were great too!
 Post Reply Post Reply