Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKrobak (Ukraine)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Krobak (Ukraine)
    Posted: January 05 2008 at 08:44
Originally posted by sxsxsxsx sxsxsxsx wrote:

I am a lover of the music my friend and have watched it's journey for over 40 years.

I think my opinion is earned but yet do not feel a need to justify it any further than i have shown.

Unless I am banned for being honest,   I look 4ward to u and I working it out.

then use that journey to help others.. to guide them...

oh hell... just show the people and the posters some respect.. and you'll get yours in return. And all of this will be forgotten at least in my eyes. LOL

one thing that brought on my reaction..... it is one thing to shoot holes in professional musicians.. hell I've done it more times than I count... but the people and groups you are taking shots here are not professionals.. .but up and coming musicians that need to hear what they are doing right.. and receive constructive feedback. If there are things we thing they do wrong or could improve upon, we let them know.  I happened to like Igor's music quite a bit.... if by some chance I didn't ... I might try to give him pointers.. advice.. (in private by the way) as to what I think he can do differently.

Anyway... maybe you see where Rico and I are coming from.

If you... join the forum and share those experiences and journeys you have taken. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2008 at 02:21
Well, my post above was impersonal... I did not mention any name - I only summarize one of our rules.

Also the P in PM means Private; that way the conversation could be kept "private", no need of exposure, unless one wants to grab attention or play the suffering part.

Otherwise, no banning or suggestion for banning have been raised up to now by the site Moderation.

Finishing, English is not my first language, but I'm quite sure that there are polite means within this language to pronounce any kind of criticism. Words like "garbage" to qualify other people's work aren't adequate, be them in English or any other known language. There is no need of a written rule when we intend to act friendly and in a good-will toward other people and being adults we should know exactly the words to be employed in a civil conversation (even being protected behind a nickname in the net).

Guigo

~~~~~~
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2008 at 01:03
sxsxsxsx, with the risk of digging up your hidden/deleted post (the one who, seemingly, was a simple share of opinion), you called the music garbage, and the artists (or the fans of such a band, I didn't get that quite clear) egomaniacs or big egos not knowing the "ancient art form" [of what?, I also didn't get that clear), that's not an unfavorable opinion, that's an agressive unfavorable opinion. If it where a review - and it would be written only in this way - it would probably not be accepted. If it where a simple post in a topic - as it was - it would be moderated.

Things go even around here, but not completely even. Unfavorable/disliked appreciations are perfectly fine, you can even say to the band their music is bad, misses something or didn't touch your soul. But appearing from nowhere, and putting the toughest words this thread, particularly, has ever benefited from, is very suspicious.

Out of interest, why don't you take a couple of bands like Rush and those that have played the "ancient art form" and express your opinion about them; I'm sure you'll have nothing but praising words. All I'm saying is: why making your entry by picking three independent/unsigned bands and saying about almost all three they're worth ziltch?

If you're honest about your stay here, you'll understand some of my words.

If not, you'll probably continue writing how you're being misjudged.

Edited by Ricochet - January 05 2008 at 01:09
sxsxsxsx View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 20:38
hmmm...

if honesty accounts for anything then you should respect what i perceive to be true as my opinion.

I merely asked for you for an interpretation of what was and wasn't allowed here.

Is it my fault there are differing standards that go beyond a forum community?

I'm sorry to have caused you such a traumatic experience as i didn't realise that one's reality is anothers nightmare.

Seriously!

We obviously have differing opinions of what constitutes music,more importantly,prog rock but u dont see me carrying on about how you should go thru life (I quote u).

I am a lover of the music my friend and have watched it's journey for over 40 years.

I think my opinion is earned but yet do not feel a need to justify it any further than i have shown.

Unless I am banned for being honest,   I look 4ward to u and I working it out.
RUSHRUSHRUSHRUSHRUSHRUSHRUSHRUSHRUSH
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 19:49

Legally u dont have a leg to stand on.

Sure,u can delete my account for being honest...but is that necessary?

It seems u all live live in a bubble here guys.

"and we believe in not only sharing our opinions.. but respecting others as well."

but for some reason,i am exempt from receiving such respect ?

Jeez louise,u need to relax.

Is it that u were offended by my post for the simple fact u disagree with my sentiment or u fear your music would be judged similarly?

thought about responding... but after reading another post you made in the unsigned artist area... you won't be around long enough  I suspect to bother trying to explain the site and the way it works.

You would rather speak to the negative... tell an artist what is wrong... yet are unable.. or unwilling to tell someone what is good... what they did right.  Prepare to go through life ...wondering as you do there.. just why you are recieved as you are here.

and you wonder why no respect is shown your opinon... respect is earned... not given.  Flamed Igor and his music.. for no reason... if you didn't like it... why not just move on to another thread.

bah... I waste my time with you and your types...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
sxsxsxsx View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 19:41
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Originally posted by Atkingani Atkingani wrote:

As a basic rule, the respect for the artist is in the foundation of this forum... critcism is welcome but only if made in a civil & positive way.

That said, some posts here were hidden.

Well,i received a pm but it didn't detail what part of my post was unacceptable.

How am i to know what u deem as improper if u simply hide the post without giving
an example of where i supossedly overstepped the boundary.

Nothing in my post was any worse than an unfavorable review,so i implore u to educate me in the ways of this forum.

respect ... politeness...  and I read your post... and christ alive...  it was not positive... it was embarrassing to read... uncomfortable to read... and frankly insulting to the artist.  You have  the right to your opinion... but there are guidelines to this forum... read them...

2. No Personal attacks (flaming or trolling). Keep it civil, show respect at all times for your fellow members. Disagreement, debate, even "heated" discussion is fine (though emoticons should be used to "soften" the effect of words). However, personally directed insults, denigration, etc. will not be tolerated, and will be grounds for warning and, if not stopped immediately, ejection. This applies equally to forum posts AND private messages. "Group-directed" insults and denigration (e.g., racism, sexism, ageism, etc.) also fall under this category, any such behavior will be taken on a case by case basis. Any member who engages in continuous baiting, borderline insults, or other continuously "aggressive" behaviour will be warned. Any member found to be using concurrent multiple personae (more than one profile at the same time) will be ejected from the site.

your review was simply aggressive..and not constructive... if you do not see that... this site is not the place for you. You will not be welcome here.  Adults post here... and we believe in not only sharing our opinions.. but respecting others as well.

Legally u dont have a leg to stand on.

Sure,u can delete my account for being honest...but is that necessary?

It seems u all live live in a bubble here guys.

"and we believe in not only sharing our opinions.. but respecting others as well."

but for some reason,i am exempt from receiving such respect ?

Jeez louise,u need to relax.

Is it that u were offended by my post for the simple fact u disagree with my sentiment or u fear your music would be judged similarly?

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 19:12

As a basic rule, the respect for the artist is in the foundation of this forum... critcism is welcome but only if made in a civil & positive way.

Well,i received a pm but it didn't detail what part of my post was unacceptable.

How am i to know what u deem as improper if u simply hide the post without giving

Nothing in my post was any worse than an unfavorable review,so i implore u to educate me in the ways of this forum.

respect ... politeness...  and I read your post... and christ alive...  it was not positive... it was embarrassing to read... uncomfortable to read... and frankly insulting to the artist.  You have  the right to your opinion... but there are guidelines to this forum... read them...

2. No Personal attacks (flaming or trolling). Keep it civil, show respect at all times for your fellow members. Disagreement, debate, even "heated" discussion is fine (though emoticons should be used to "soften" the effect of words). However, personally directed insults, denigration, etc. will not be tolerated, and will be grounds for warning and, if not stopped immediately, ejection. This applies equally to forum posts AND private messages. "Group-directed" insults and denigration (e.g., racism, sexism, ageism, etc.) also fall under this category, any such behavior will be taken on a case by case basis. Any member who engages in continuous baiting, borderline insults, or other continuously "aggressive" behaviour will be warned. Any member found to be using concurrent multiple personae (more than one profile at the same time) will be ejected from the site.

your review was simply aggressive..and not constructive... if you do not see that... this site is not the place for you. You will not be welcome here.  Adults post here... and we believe in not only sharing our opinions.. but respecting others as well.

Edited by micky - January 04 2008 at 19:13
sxsxsxsx View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 19:02

Prog-jester View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 09:55
OK, I'll sign him to my weekly updates/newsborad messenger
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 09:45
Originally posted by Prog-jester Prog-jester wrote:

any KROBAK haters around? Am I going to be discussed as hot as DREAM THEATER?

you must have missed the episode.

he called you a crazy czarist-lover. LOL

Edited by Ricochet - January 04 2008 at 09:45
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 09:21
any KROBAK haters around? Am I going to be discussed as hot as DREAM THEATER?
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 05:53

Guigo

~~~~~~
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2008 at 15:24
thanks you can have the whole split via link in my thread in Artists/Bands lounge
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 22:15
Hi Igor, i listened to 3 of your excerpts via Lastfm and enjoyed them, very nice music keep that great gift you have!

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 17:54

just lowered my split review's rating to 4... 5 stars - it was somewhat...urmm...unfair

hahhahhaha... I loved seeing it..... christ the lord... .don't you you think any of us wouldn't have given our own albums 5 stars hahhaha.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 11:42
just lowered my split review's rating to 4... 5 stars - it was somewhat...urmm...unfair

Edited by Prog-jester - January 02 2008 at 11:43
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 15:23

well I'll be dipped in sh*t... wow...listened to your tracks on myspace there Igor... and completely impressed.  A review is impossible because because my knowledge of post rock comes down to being a punchline to a long running joke and I have nothing to compare it too.. other than gush about how I liked it.  however.... and I do mean this seriously..the only extended experience I have with post rock is giving Sigor Ros a try... and I found your music FAR more interesting... maybe that won't be taken or seen as the compliment intended .. but trust me.. it is meant that way.  I have strong preferences in what I like in prog... and it is not generally in this style.. but I really did find your songs very interesting.  Great job Igor. Clap

thanks micky funny enough - I'm turning my Sympho/Art fellow collaborators to Post-Rock with my own stuff All other Post-Rock bands should pay me for this!!!

I'd happily promise a CD for you as well, but we've run out of print But clicking on the last post in my thread in Artists/Bands under evaluation lounge, you will..Okay, I'm silent Just go there!!!

hahhahha.. that they should...  hey... running out of print is a good thing.. as long as you aren't just giving them all away hahhahha.  Don't sweet tha CD... and heading that way Wink.  Always nice to see people people do something with their talents.. .rather than piss them away like I did when younger. Clap
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 07:02

well I'll be dipped in sh*t... wow...listened to your tracks on myspace there Igor... and completely impressed.  A review is impossible because because my knowledge of post rock comes down to being a punchline to a long running joke and I have nothing to compare it too.. other than gush about how I liked it.  however.... and I do mean this seriously..the only extended experience I have with post rock is giving Sigor Ros a try... and I found your music FAR more interesting... maybe that won't be taken or seen as the compliment intended .. but trust me.. it is meant that way.  I have strong preferences in what I like in prog... and it is not generally in this style.. but I really did find your songs very interesting.  Great job Igor. Clap

thanks micky funny enough - I'm turning my Sympho/Art fellow collaborators to Post-Rock with my own stuff All other Post-Rock bands should pay me for this!!!

I'd happily promise a CD for you as well, but we've run out of print But clicking on the last post in my thread in Artists/Bands under evaluation lounge, you will..Okay, I'm silent Just go there!!!

...or did I posted this on the previous page?..

Edited by Prog-jester - December 31 2007 at 07:02
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 07:00
Originally posted by Ricochet Ricochet wrote:

Yikes. SR and Krobak (or Godspeed/Mono/whatever) are two totally different things, trust me. LOLPost-rock is as extensive, various and interestingly challenging as any other normal genre. WinkNow, I probably wouldn't have pointed this out, if it would have stayed for more than 5 minutes on the front page - but it didn't, cause Gatot is on LSD speed and pumps a 50-pack of reviews each day, including this morning LOL, so here goes: I've finished my review on Structura Tortura, posted it today. SmileHappy New Year, Igor and Krobak/Krikston! Good luck with the music in 2008. Clap

Thanks a lot!!! It was massive, I simply love it!

And yes, I really can't find TOTAL / DIRECT analogue tp my or KRIKSTON's stuff in Post-Rock...even GY!BE/Mono comparison is no more valid Good Lord, it's hard to have your own face!!!
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 06:58

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>