Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRobert Fripp plays Barcelona on 19 April

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robert Fripp plays Barcelona on 19 April
    Posted: April 17 2007 at 13:41
Firstly, my apologies if this has already been posted on the site. If it hasn't, my apologies also for posting this so late.

Robert Fripp Soundscapes & The League of Crafty Guitarists is playing this Thursday, 19 April at 21:00 at the Palau de la Música Catalana, Barcelona.

If you can grab a cheap flight to Barcelona for this concert it is worth it just to be in the Palau de la Música Catalana, which is stunning. It's one of the most amazing Art Nouveau buildings in the world and is designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

IYou can book online at http://www.telentrada.com/ or book by telephone +34 902 10 12 12. I have not checked availability of tickets, but the Palau has around 2,200 seats so I doubt there will be a problem.

The weather is great in Barcelona at the moment too, warm and sunny. Pity I'm going to miss the concert myself.

Tasartir View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2007 at 16:53
I'm in Barcelona right now and I'm going to the Marillion concert on friday but you should have posted this earlier and I would have gone to Fripp's show as well!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

By the way: yes, the weather IS GOOD here right now! Too bad it rained all through my easter break....

Edited by Tasartir - April 17 2007 at 16:55
...Histoires Sans Paroles...
aprusso View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 05:33

Hi, I will be at Fripp's and also at Marillion's gigs; and I will also be at Roger Waters' at Palau San Jordi saturday night... so this is really the prog weekend in Catalunya.

May I remind the local friends and occasional tourists, the Tiana prog festival is also approaching (5 May): with Pure Reason Revolution, Magenta and IQ.

If you'd like to meet up, you may call me at the Spanish mobile before the gig, especially Marillion's because I will be there alone... it's (+34) 666665264

May I disagree with you Tasartir, the weather is TOO HOT.... I just can't work this morning....

NutterAlert View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 05:41
I think Barcelona's attack might be too powerful. I predict a 3 - 0 victory.
Proud to be an un-banned member since 2005
 Post Reply Post Reply