Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
StarsongAgeless View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phoenix Reign
    Posted: May 01 2007 at 02:26
Phoenix Reign is a band from New York City that recently released their first album.  They're speed metal in the vein of Megadeth, but I actually find that I enjoy the Phoenix Reign album more!  The lead vocals are female, but not soaring pretty vocals like a lot of what's been showing up recently.  These are cutting, powerful and focused on emotion and strength rather than beauty.

I wouldn't have known about them if a friend of mine hadn't worked with them on one of the tracks.  But because she told me about it, I gave them a listen and found myself very pleasantly surprised.  I would recommend them to anyone who enjoys speed metal.  They do have some prog elements to some of their songs, as well, in particular the final track which is a 12-minute long epic about the fall of Constantinople.

They have a myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/phoenixreign if anyone is interested in checking them out.  I'd be interested to see who else enjoys this music!

Edited by StarsongAgeless - May 02 2007 at 13:52
Check out the Unsigned Bands section!
"Like the time I ran away, and turned around and you were standing close to me." Yes' Awaken
 Post Reply Post Reply